Author Topic: Phil's Olympia Meal Prep  (Read 16098 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: Phil's Olympia Meal Prep
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2014, 01:18:43 PM »
Growtein shits on regular protein.
O

Dogma2010

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
no doubt about that. but none of the top 5 grows into the olympia stage

Shh you can ruin it for those living the dream. Free supps once a month and no money  ::)

At least Phil is making some cash but posting this here gets him laughed at. A detective going in his house could possibly get a promotion this close to this big a contest though. Now of course no one would take anything written on this site seriously especially when it's for entertainment purposes only

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »
You mean other than Phil right...of course we know that "growth" is not due to extra protein shakes and upping the chicken breasts and switching to red meat.

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
because IFBB pros nowadays grow into their shows right? ::)

Yeah, they actually do. Phil is the perfect example. He's gained muscle while dieting before, that doesn't mean he shows up on stage heavier. He's a master at manipulating his insulin levels for growth even when in calorie deficit.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »
Must spend half his day on the bowl, pyramiding....

Simple Simon

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
Must spend half his day on the bowl, pyramiding....
A turd is yesterdays food that your body didnt need.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
It's impressive what these athletes go through.

Personally, I find it insulting to call bodybuilders "athletes".  Because what they do goes so far BEYOND what athletes in other sports do.

Look at the NBA... those "athlete" play 3-4 games a week.  A game is only 48 minutes, and they might only play 20 to 30 minutes of it.  So outside of maybe 120 minutes a week of actual "play" on the court, their life consists of smoking pot, banging hot girls in every town, blowing tens of thousands of thousands of dollars on frivolous shit, etc.   

Bodybuilders, on the other hand, live a rigorous 24/7 lifestyle.  They consume 15 to 17 scoops a day of various products.  The respond to fan mail 2-3 hours a day.  They volunteer at animal shelters and work on masters level classes too.  All while investing heavily in the stock market and real estate.

I'd say "HERO" is a word that is much more fitting than "athlete".  They're heroes.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
It's funny if u watch Generation Iron NONE of the pros are drinking protein shakes... ???

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »
These guys eat a lot .... Damn
choice is an illusion

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
Personally, I find it insulting to call bodybuilders "athletes".  Because what they do goes so far BEYOND what athletes in other sports do.

Look at the NBA... those "athlete" play 3-4 games a week.  A game is only 48 minutes, and they might only play 20 to 30 minutes of it.  So outside of maybe 120 minutes a week of actual "play" on the court, their life consists of smoking pot, banging hot girls in every town, blowing tens of thousands of thousands of dollars on frivolous shit, etc.   

Bodybuilders, on the other hand, live a rigorous 24/7 lifestyle.  They consume 15 to 17 scoops a day of various products.  The respond to fan mail 2-3 hours a day.  They volunteer at animal shelters and work on masters level classes too.  All while investing heavily in the stock market and real estate.

I'd say "HERO" is a word that is much more fitting than "athlete".  They're heroes.

Great points all.

Just look at that tit LeBron for example.  He recently LOST weight.  That's not an athlete.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »
Phil holding his own against these two tubs of snake powder ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
I started taking HMB in 1995.  It still feels like deca, but I guess it time to switch and get me some Growtein!... maybe it will feel like D-bol.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
So if Kai beats Phil this year, or anyone beats Phil this year, it means that Phil's supplements are garbage and hurt his physique. Gifted nutrition needs an Olympia win this year or forums are going to roast him...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 05:26:43 PM »
I started taking HMB in 1995.  It still feels like deca, but I guess it time to switch and get me some Growtein!... maybe it will feel like D-bol.

What's your PCT brah?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2014, 06:01:38 AM »

Phil very much does grow into his show.  So did Levrone, and he finished top 5 plenty of times

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2014, 06:33:36 AM »
What's your PCT brah?

Lucky Charms, Ben & Jerry's ice cream and In-N-Out... it blows Nolvadex, Clomid and HCG out of the water.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2014, 06:46:34 AM »
Great points all.

Just look at that tit LeBron for example.  He recently LOST weight.  That's not an athlete.

Lebron, an athlete? LOL that's hilarious.

Dude eats PALEO.... I mean, he's eating with DINOSAURS eat, while today's top bodybuilders are eating what SUPERHEROES eat.  That is the difference.  LeBron is eating vegetables and lean meat and fruit... totally senseless. 

I don't want to rip on LeBron, he grew up in Spring Hill projects right up the street from me and went to the same high school as me, but we did see his team get nearly swept by the Spurs... and we see Phil going for Olympia #5 this year, if I recall correctly?  Results do the talking.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2014, 07:08:06 AM »
The late Greg Kovacs used and unflavored version of Meso-Tech before the flavored versions hit the stores. By his own admission, it tasted horrible but he used it anyway, as he only used 4 packs of Meso-Tech vs. 8 packs of Met-Rx.

HAHAHAHA

Those "advance sample testing batches" from MuscleTech weren't even in existence. It was all a big ruse from its sheister owner, Paul Gardiner. Kovacs went along with all the horseshit because he was buds with Paul ... oh, and being paid lotsa dough, of course.

It's amazing to think how outrageously wealthy Paul and his yes-men have become considering the company was founded on OUTRIGHT LIES AND BULLSHIT.

This world and its rulers (humans) are fucked.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2014, 07:28:41 AM »
HAHAHAHA

Those "advance sample testing batches" from MuscleTech weren't even in existence. It was all a big ruse from its sheister owner, Paul Gardiner. Kovacs went along with all the horseshit because he was buds with Paul ... oh, and being paid lotsa dough, of course.

It's amazing to think how outrageously wealthy Paul and his yes-men have become considering the company was founded on OUTRIGHT LIES AND BULLSHIT.

This world and its rulers (humans) are fucked.

I think he became wealthy because his wares (particularly the original Hydroxycut, Anotesten, Nortesten, Cell-Tech and Meso-Tech) from the mid/late 90s and early 2000s actually worked. I used them firsthand and can testify to that.

The point is that supplements are often avaiable to bodybuilders before the public-at-large gets them. I remember back in '89 when small gyms and nutrition stores started giving out small samples of Hot Stuff, before it became commerically available. Local Florida bodybuilders were already using it.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2014, 07:39:22 AM »
I think he became wealthy because his wares (particularly the original Hydroxycut, Anotesten, Nortesten, Cell-Tech and Meso-Tech) from the mid/late 90s and early 2000s actually worked. I used them firsthand and can testify to that.

And I can testify that Paul used MY office and MY computer (after hours, because Bob gave him his OK to do so) at MuscleMag to write all those initial ads ... and that he purposely got fat (and stopped the gas) for his first print ads and then immediately got back to lifting and using for the "afters". And that there was NO product of ANY kind when all those ads first appeared and when the gossip pieces about amazing mystery supplements from some hush-hush Canadian research company were being developed.

And that Paul had the name, labels and ad copy completed and up and running long before he had even settled on which of the primary ingredient suppliers he was gonna use to fill the tubs (which had already been secured, as well).

And that all he cared about was becoming wealthy and would endlessly laugh during lunch about how he was going to jip all the losers out of their money with his junk, using EAS and Bill Phillips as his template for marketing.

How I'd watch him stuff cotton into his cheeks, push out his gut and spray water mist onto himself for his photo shoots to look all depressed and shitty.

How there was not one bit of truth to MuscleTech being REMOTELY a legit company until well AFTER Paul began to pull in the bucks from all the ignorant fools who were salivating to get in on this new wonder supplement.    

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »
And I can testify that Paul used MY office and MY computer (after hours, because Bob gave him his OK to do so) at MuscleMag to write all those initial ads ... and that he purposely got fat (and stopped the gas) for his first print ads and then immediately got back to lifting and using for the "afters". And that there was NO product of ANY kind when all those ads first appeared and when the gossip pieces about amazing mystery supplements from some hush-hush Canadian research company were being developed.

And that Paul had the name, labels and ad copy completed and up and running long before he had even settled on which of the primary ingredient suppliers he was gonna use to fill the tubs (which had already been secured, as well).

And that all he cared about was becoming wealthy and would endlessly laugh during lunch about how he was going to jip all the losers out of their money with his junk, using EAS and Bill Phillips as his template for marketing.

How I'd watch him stuff cotton into his cheeks, push out his gut and spray water mist onto himself for his photo shoots to look all depressed and shitty.

How there was not one bit of truth to MuscleTech being REMOTELY a legit company until well AFTER Paul began to pull in the bucks from all the ignorant fools who were salivating to get in on this new wonder supplement.    

Yet had his "wonder supplements" not worked, he likely would have gone out of business (as several other companies had). I didn't try MuscleTech supplements based on Gardiner's before/after pics. I gave them a try based on my own research and word-of-mouth feedback.

And since they were effective, I kept using them especially when I could get them cheap (Cell-Tech's arrival made Creatine 6000-ES a virtual steal, and when I could get the 7-lb jugs of Cell-Tech for as little as $12, it made me quite the happy camper).

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:55 AM »
The point is that supplements are often avaiable to bodybuilders before the public-at-large gets them. I remember back in '89 when small gyms and nutrition stores started giving out small samples of Hot Stuff, before it became commerically available. Local Florida bodybuilders were already using it.

Yes. There were some great products before the government regulated the supplement industry.

Now, good shit is hard to find.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »
Yes. There were some great products before the government regulated the supplement industry.

No need for that, there's always quality food ...and -optionally- gear.

Excellent avatar BTW :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2014, 08:11:56 AM »

I still don't get why DHEA is allowed while the other prohormones are banned.

But, at least you can get nearly-expired supplements dirt cheap. Heck, that's how I procured most of MuscleTech's wares. ;D

No need for that, there's always quality food ...and -optionally- gear.

Who said it has to be either/or?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »
FORTRESS is a good poster and was in the business 1stn hand he gets my respect for that,but he goes way out of his way to emphasize what we know about the industry ,some good and bad,some worked some didn't,of course marketing plays 100pct in what the general public will buy into.the original met rx was 80.00 for the 2 tubs and they lasted a total of 14 days  :o,,mail ordered but they worked somewhat compared to some of the other stuff out there..