Author Topic: Creatine/advice  (Read 23034 times)

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Creatine/advice
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »
So...because other people have seen increases using a product (even if you haven't) you will continue to use the product forever???  Aren't you really the only person that matters when using a supplement?  It seems like you are basing your usage of a supplement not on if it works for YOU but on how it affects other people. 
Currently I am taking a NO2 product and when I started taking it I noticed an increase in vascularity and over the next month strength.  Could I attribute this to ingesting more milk that month or eating more donuts...I suppose I could, but I started taking the supplement and the saw and felt results.  I started incorporating EFA's into my diet and I leaned out about 3 pounds, could this be because I ate less pizza and switched from downy to tide...I guess but again I saw results after I incorporated them into my diet. 
On the other hand I tried taking supplements that curb your apptitte...didn't work so much for me as I was just as hungry as I was every other night, so I didn't continue to take them.  Now I know for a fact this supplement worked for my friend and others but after testing it on myself saw no effects.  The results I get from a supplement are the only results I care about.  Before I take something I like learning about the supplement and what the common effects are but some supplements don't work for some people.  I suppose that I just don't understand taking a supplement that you are unsure about the results of for a long (years) period of time.

I don't want to risk messing with a winning formula.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »
I don't want to risk messing with a winning formula.

Good answer ;)
Jennifer

pumpn

• Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 11:38:57 AM »
I don't recommend you using any creatine. Your already just as strong as most of the weekend warriors at the gym...If you get any stronger i'll be embarrassed to train with you ever again. Anyways....what brand of supplements have you been using...you mentioned a nitix oxide and efa product?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 09:33:09 AM »
Well, thanks for the compliments-I know I am stronger then most girls (and many guys) I just don't know if I will be big enough.   I suppose I should talk to you guys about it, since you have seen me in person, but you haven't seen many figure Pro's.  You going to the Arnold?  If you are it will give you a better idea of how big I need to be.  As far as what I am taking now, Pride Nutrtion supplements-they are clean and haven't caused me any problems:)
Jennifer

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 11:30:06 AM »
Well, thanks for the compliments-I know I am stronger then most girls

Boy it's getting deep in here.....

;D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »
Boy it's getting deep in here..... ;D

What are you feeling left out? :P
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »
I actually notice nothing when I take creatine compared to when I don't.  My weight or strength doesn't suddenly go up at all after using it.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 06:43:02 AM »
i thought you benefitted more from creatine in the recovery phases AFTER a workout...

attributing to the rapid increases in strength and size one being to water and the other because it cuts down on recover time? ???

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 12:15:57 PM »
No, if I was to do it it would be now through March.  My first show is May.   Part of the problem is I don't want to get to big for Figure, though naturally it may be hard to do that.

Here are the pics I forgot to add, and thanks for the response.
girl if this is the worst you look during the year......let me get that number ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 02:30:26 PM »
Thanks candidate...I'm feeling better about my looks now that I am down about 10 pounds. 

Oh, its old news but I did start taking creatine about a month ago and LOVE it.  It is a creatine/glutamine mix and I only take 1/2 serving before I work out.  Through my dieting I have not lost strength other then a little in my legs, though it is probably more apprehension then anything else.  My muscles have been fuller since taking the creatine and I will probably take through my shows this year to help keep my muscle size throughout the dieting. 
Jennifer

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 05:40:37 PM »
actually, i would NOT keep taking it through your shows.....about 2 weeks out from any show you do you need to drop the creaine as it does make you hold water and you wont look as crisp.     
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 07:12:26 PM »
I use to think that but the formula I am using I haven't seen really any water retention.  Also I only use it on lifting days and I will stop lifting Wednesday so cut it then and go with straight glutamine...also I am Figure so being rock solid isn't my goal-especially in my first show.  For Jr's I will drop it on my last leg day (8 days out) but through then I just want to make sure I am maintaining my muscle size.
Jennifer

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 10:12:22 PM »
I use to think that but the formula I am using I haven't seen really any water retention.  Also I only use it on lifting days and I will stop lifting Wednesday so cut it then and go with straight glutamine...also I am Figure so being rock solid isn't my goal-especially in my first show.  For Jr's I will drop it on my last leg day (8 days out) but through then I just want to make sure I am maintaining my muscle size.
oooohh i forgot about that.  i remember reading an article about branch warrenns wife being wayy too shredded and muscular the day before a show so he took her out for pizza and ice cream that night and she won the show the next day ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 11:33:32 PM »
I think Brewer's Yeast is a better supplement.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
I didn tlike creatine. I used it before one of my shows and dint care for it...JMHO

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »
Well my fav girl on stage right now is Val Waugaman.  She is quite a bit bigger then me thoiugh, 5 inches.  Another new girl who I think has a nice body and is my height is Michelle Flake.  Now I am sure you'll ask me to post pics of them...I can't from this computer but here are a few links

http://www.hardfitness.com/competitions/sacramento2005/profigure/valeriewaugaman/twopiece/images/DSC_0277.jpg

http://www.hardfitness.com/competitions/sacramento2005/profigure/valeriewaugaman/twopiece/images/DSC_0109.jpg

http://www.hardfitness.com/competitions/usavegas2005/figureb/michelleflake/twopiece/images/DSC_0017.jpg

Yeah I think I tend to like a more muscular look. 

As far as creatine adding cellulite, I don't buy it :)

Val looks like she has some cannonball delts and Michelle's legs look huge! (I am a fan of more muscular for sure) It's gotta be my ignorance or lack of figure knowledge but I always thought that most of the figure women looked like they didn't spend very much time weight training. To me it looked like they simply got away with just eating clean, I dunno, Maybe it was just the shows I have been to?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 03:23:23 PM »
Val looks like she has some cannonball delts and Michelle's legs look huge! (I am a fan of more muscular for sure) It's gotta be my ignorance or lack of figure knowledge but I always thought that most of the figure women looked like they didn't spend very much time weight training. To me it looked like they simply got away with just eating clean, I dunno, Maybe it was just the shows I have been to?

At local shows that may be true but at the National Level and above I compare the girls to the early bodybuilders (Rachel Mclish/Cory Everson).  It seems that so far this year the look has been a little toned down and softer but the top Figure Girls aren't small and I probably spend as much time in the gym as you do:)
Jennifer