Author Topic: The Ruling Class in Britain  (Read 6307 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: The Ruling Class in Britain
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 08:26:19 AM »
TBH its no different than a guy working in a shoe shop getting his son a job at the same place.

Nepotism happens everywhere.
Who wouldnt do everything possible to get their son a foothold in life?

I have had jobs given to me on a nod and a wink

Its not what you know its who you know.

And sometimes - what you know about who you know.

There's no level playing field in the UK, US or anywhere else. The UK is actually much more level than many parts of the US though.

I used to work in Knoxville, TN. For a company that made testing machines for the textiles industry. There was 1 single black guy working there - one of the field service engineers.

Over a chat with one of the directors, I asked about equality there and how you didn't see many blacks in offices there. Yet, walk into any car wash, McDonalds or KFC and it was entirely staffed by African Americans. This woman looked at me and said  "Oh, No - they have exactly the same opportunity as anyone else". Yup - they CHOOSE to work in KFC. OK - gotcha.

I'd personally do what I could to get my son a good start in life. I would sincerely hope that he would make a better choice than to enter politics or banking through a major US/UK school because let's face it - most of the people that go that route are total cnuts anyway. Whether they start off that way is debatable.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:53 AM »
You guys are fa66ots, I prefer pre 1900s England...

Most of you belong in the coal mines of Wales. Visualize F. Neegars and myself would be Lords, your wives would be the maids in our manor houses.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
Visualize F. Neegars and myself would be Lords, your wives would be the maids in our manor houses.

S

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »