Author Topic: For Parker: Bugatti Unveils Final Legend Veyron: “Ettore Bugatti”  (Read 6455 times)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
$3,138,000 USD.

Unveiled in a press release issued today is the “Ettore Bugatti” Legend Veyron, which honors the company founder,

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/bugatti/bugatti-unveils-final-legend-veyron-ettore-bugatti/

I am trying to decide if to buy 2 or 3 or just get a Hyundai? 

and to make it bodybuilding related...  the color will be that of a grapefruit  :-[

I

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: For Parker: Bugatti Unveils Final Legend Veyron: “Ettore Bugatti”
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:32:04 AM »
Car looks like someone took a huge shit and then baked it at 750 degrees F for 6 hours.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 08:35:20 AM »

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »
Looks like someone already ate the corn out of that one.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 08:40:30 AM »
$3,138,000 USD.

Unveiled in a press release issued today is the “Ettore Bugatti” Legend Veyron, which honors the company founder,

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/bugatti/bugatti-unveils-final-legend-veyron-ettore-bugatti/

I am trying to decide if to buy 2 or 3 or just get a Hyundai?  

and to make it bodybuilding related...  the color will be that of a grapefruit  :-[

I'll wait until the depreciation brings the price down to 1 million. Then, I'll have my boy Jeebs fetch me one.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »
If you need to sped $3.3 million on a car to impress other dudes and money grubbing whores then all the power to you.  I'll just buy one for my regular commuter car when I don't feel like using the helicopter.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
that's fmw jr's 4th bugatti.  ::)

broke 1 yr after last fight.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
Hot but over prized and too stylized - I prefer the more angular designs of the 80ies.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:06 PM »
just go round the back of harrods and pull a towel head out of one.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 12:19:24 PM »
Can someone brief me on why bugattis cost so damn much

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
marketing

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »
Can someone brief me on why bugattis cost so damn much
The old ones from the 30s cost way, way more. They were literally automotive art and very, very rare.
The current ones are expensive but, VW/Bugatti loses money on each one sold. They basically represent what happens when you throw a German megaton of cash with a lot of engineering into a car, just to go 250+ mph.
It is rare, but the argument is that the Mclaren F1 is far more advanced, because it did 240.1 mph with less (621 hp) and weighed far, far less, and could seat 3. And cars that are 20 yrs old are going for sometimes far more than what this new Bugatti is going for.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »
if you want to drop $3m, get

1 and aventador

2 a single seater, like a GP2 or GP3 car for the track.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »
Why Wiggs black continent don't build cars (or bicycles)  ;D ;D ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 02:11:02 PM »
The old ones from the 30s cost way, way more. They were literally automotive art and very, very rare.
The current ones are expensive but, VW/Bugatti loses money on each one sold. They basically represent what happens when you throw a German megaton of cash with a lot of engineering into a car, just to go 250+ mph.
It is rare, but the argument is that the Mclaren F1 is far more advanced, because it did 240.1 mph with less (621 hp) and weighed far, far less, and could seat 3. And cars that are 20 yrs old are going for sometimes far more than what this new Bugatti is going for.

The Mclaren is not more advanced never mind far more advanced. They tried their hardest to put carbon ceramic brakes on the F1 they could do it back then. They also sacrificed low-speed cooling on the F-1 , and it sucked in the handling department it's lateral acceleration blew , badly. and NO customer McLaren F-1 was capable of doing 240MPH the XP1 that did do it had the rev limiter lifted NO customer cars did it

Road & Track tested the McLaren F-1 and it's top speed was ' only ' 217 ' MPH and that was with Mario Andretti driving it too and he said it was unstable as fuck at speed.

As far as advancement is concerned the Veyron destroys the F-1

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »
The speed limit in cities is only 35 mph and the highway sometimes is 70 mph.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »

And? These guys will do double century on the streets

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »
The Mclaren is not more advanced never mind far more advanced. They tried their hardest to put carbon ceramic brakes on the F1 they could do it back then. They also sacrificed low-speed cooling on the F-1 , and it sucked in the handling department it's lateral acceleration blew , badly. and NO customer McLaren F-1 was capable of doing 240MPH the XP1 that did do it had the rev limiter lifted NO customer cars did it

Road & Track tested the McLaren F-1 and it's top speed was ' only ' 217 ' MPH and that was with Mario Andretti driving it too and he said it was unstable as fuck at speed.

As far as advancement is concerned the Veyron destroys the F-1
I have the book "Driving Ambition" I think they decatted the car and possibly removed the limiter. I will have to look it up.
But think about it, what did the Veyron bring to the table in terms of advancements?? The DCT was already being used in other products.
The F1 did more with less. It weighed less, seated three, had less horsepower, had a manual, no power steering (I believe)...and it's record stood for a long time. And I believe it went over the 240.1 mph on a third test.
Mario Andretti I believe was the one who drove it to 217 and said that it felt like it could pull another gear.

The Veyron is a masterpiece of what money and engineering can do when you want the world's fastest production car...or world's heaviest fastest production car.
But, now, Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren are focusing not on top speed anymore, but on 0-60, 0-100, 100-120, etc. and track focus, along with hybrid systems. Now, you have cars eclipsing the Veyron's performance, but not it's top speed. Because they are not focused on that.

So, again what really are the Veyron's advancements?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 02:33:52 PM »

I remember watching a documentary about the  Bugatti and it was something like 500 Horse power to get to 220 and needed 500 more just to reach 240.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
Bugatti veyrons are the most overrated cars , there's a reason why they don't sell well

Only idiots like celebs and rap stars , admire and lust over this car

Car enthusiasts pass...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »
I have the book "Driving Ambition" I think they decatted the car and possibly removed the limiter. I will have to look it up.
But think about it, what did the Veyron bring to the table in terms of advancements?? The DCT was already being used in other products.
The F1 did more with less. It weighed less, seated three, had less horsepower, had a manual, no power steering (I believe)...and it's record stood for a long time. And I believe it went over the 240.1 mph on a third test.
Mario Andretti I believe was the one who drove it to 217 and said that it felt like it could pull another gear.

The Veyron is a masterpiece of what money and engineering can do when you want the world's fastest production car...or world's heaviest fastest production car.
But, now, Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren are focusing not on top speed anymore, but on 0-60, 0-100, 100-120, etc. and track focus, along with hybrid systems. Now, you have cars eclipsing the Veyron's performance, but not it's top speed. Because they are not focused on that.

So, again what really are the Veyron's advancements?

The rev-limter was removed. All of the customer cars had their limiters in place so NO Customer F-1 is capable of doing 240MPH

Compared to the F-1? Carbon ceramic brakes , McLaren tried to to make them for the F1 and could not make them work. The DSG dual clutch transmission is eons better than the F-1s manual transmission. It's all wheel drive system , it's cooling , F-1 had low speed cooling issues , the Veyron doesn't. It's a true grand touring car with real air conditioning and creature comforts , the F-1's air conditioner was described as have warm dogs breath on your face. lol despite it's weight the Veyron's performance is on another level.

They Veyron is older than the new hybrids and still is comparable in terms of performance , and wait until the Veyron successor comes out it will be a game changer. Both Ferrari and Mclaren are playing catch up to Bugattii. Neither the P1 or LaFerrari are eclipsing the Veyron in terms of speed either.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 03:01:36 PM »
Bugatti veyrons are the most overrated cars , there's a reason why they don't sell well

Only idiots like celebs and rap stars , admire and lust over this car

Car enthusiasts pass...

They sell them all , they sell well but VW is taking a hit on all of them. They've sold over 400 Veyrons , McLaren couldn't sell 100 F1s , Ferrari always sells their specials

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 03:15:58 PM »

I met Ben in Brookline , nicest guy you'll ever meet

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »

I met Ben in Brookline , nicest guy you'll ever meet

Does he even lift?