Author Topic: Question for Ron & OMR Regarding Posting Rules on UK Board  (Read 16872 times)

Uncle Junior

Question for Ron & OMR Regarding Posting Rules on UK Board
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »
I have some questions I need clarification on in terms of what the actual rules are pertaining to posting on the UK board?

1) Are the moderators of the UK board allowed to determine and choose who is allowed or is not allowed to post on the UK board?

So for example are Simple Simon and Bigmc within their rights to say "I don't want you Shizzo or Wolfox to post on the UK board and if you do regardless of the contents of your posts are we will simply delete your posts etc"?! Are those in fact the rules?

If the answer to that question is NO, then why are they being allowed to get away with doing that and what does that say about the integrity of the board as a whole?

If the answer is Yes, then effectively you are giving them an indirect form of "timeout power" and through the deleting of posts they are effectively able to control who can or can't post there, if so are other moderators on other boards within their rights to do the same?

This is an entirely legitimate and valid question which needs to be answered by Ron or OMR and I want to bring it to the boards attention.

Regards
Joon

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Question for Ron & OMR Regarding Posting Rules on UK Board
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »
Here's your answer: it ain't that serious bro.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:02:42 AM »
I have some questions I need clarification on in terms of what the actual rules are pertaining to posting on the UK board?

1) Are the moderators of the UK board allowed to determine and choose who is allowed or is not allowed to post on the UK board?

So for example are Simple Simon and Bigmc within their rights to say "I don't want you Shizzo or Wolfox to post on the UK board and if you do regardless of the contents of your posts are we will simply delete your posts etc"?! Are those in fact the rules?

If the answer to that question is NO, then why are they being allowed to get away with doing that and what does that say about the integrity of the board as a whole?

If the answer is Yes, then effectively you are giving them an indirect form of "timeout power" and through the deleting of posts they are effectively able to control who can or can't post there, if so are other moderators on other boards within their rights to do the same?

This is an entirely legitimate and valid question which needs to be answered by Ron or OMR and I want to bring it to the boards attention.

Regards
Joon

Simple Simon and Bigmc should be allowed to run their Sub-Forum however they see fit.

Any whiny fuckers who complain should spend a month in TO.

About time we got a bit serious up in here.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:03:05 AM »
Wow, it really has upset you hasnt it.

Now, I will continue to delete your threads/posts in there until Im told otherwise.

If Ron overrides my decision then thats fine, its his board.
All you ever do is take the piss, you have nothing to share with this forum as far as knowledge goes, you are only here because you post ever increasingly stupid videos.
You can post those in the Zoo.
The UK board is a non gimmick area of the forum where we want serious posters.

I notice none of your gimmicks are posting in there either, I will delete them as well if you start any of that garbage.
You give yourself away way too easily.

After your last rant and PMs to me under the Zeus account Im surprised you are here at all.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 09:04:04 AM »
Here's your answer: it ain't that serious bro.

I didn't ask your opinion about if you thought it was serious or not.

I asked what are the actual rules here?

And yes to me segregation and discrimination of any form be it in real life or on the internet is a serious issue and a matter of principal.

I would appreciate a straight answer to my specific question.

Thanks

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »

And yes to me segregation and discrimination of any form be it in real life or on the internet is a serious issue and a matter of principal.

Thanks

Why dont you phone Ron and ask him rather than clutter up the forum?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »

Thanks

No. This is fucking stupid. It's an internet board.

It ain't that serious.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 09:06:41 AM »

Yes.

So for example are Simple Simon and Bigmc within their rights to say "I don't want you Shizzo or Wolfox to post on the UK board and if you do regardless of the contents of your posts we will simply delete your posts etc"!

Yes.

We created their board so that the UK guys have the green light regarding their creative content and all material surrounding that board.

The same forum-wide rules apply to that board, but they are given certain freedoms regarding their content. If they do not find material worthy of being posted there or find that any material detracts from their overall purpose, they have the right to remove the material.

Regards
Joon
[/color]

The way we see it, they petitioned for a UK sub-forum that could serve as a good medium for the UK members to share material that is particular to their region of the world, filled with their distinct humor and spin on bodybuilding.

They asked for the forum, provided us with a list of moderators and promised to follow the basic rules.

As far as we see it, they have held that board to high standards. We don't have a problem with their actions. They have a "zero tolerance policy" regarding offenders on their board. We respect their wishes.

So far, it looks to be running smoothly.

"1"

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
Yes.

Yes.

We created their board so that the UK guys have the green light regarding their creative content and all material surrounding that board.

The same forum-wide rules apply to that board, but they are given certain freedoms regarding their content. If they do not find material worthy of being posted there or find that any material detracts from their overall purpose, they have the right to remove the material.

The way we see it, they petitioned for a UK sub-forum that could serve as a good medium for the UK members to share material that is particular to their region of the world, filled with their distinct humor and spin on bodybuilding.

They asked for the forum, provided us with a list of moderators and promised to follow the basic rules.

As far as we see it, they have held that board to high standards. We don't have a problem with their actions. They have a "zero tolerance policy" regarding offenders on their board. We respect their wishes.

"1"

Thanks for the support.

Simple Simon

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »
then effectively you are giving them an indirect form of "timeout power"
Actually joon, its way better than that, at least you get out of 'timeout' eventually.    ;)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 09:12:25 AM »
Yes the UK board is nice because it seems to be the only place where anyone can be effectively banned in perpetuity.

This "Time Out" nonsense here needs to be revised, just delete the account.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 09:13:06 AM »
We also created another sub-forum called the "Getbiggers Board - Circus or Zoo". This board would serve for all disputes regarding GetBig members.

Like I said to a nice young man via private messages, if it is simple back-and-forth banter that does not derail a thread from its original purpose, the material will be allowed to stand on the G&O. There is no problem with that. When material derails threads (i.e. Thread hijacking) with personal vendettas or issues that do not pertain to the subject at hand, we then remove it and send it to the GetBigger's board.

I said that something big was coming to GetBig a while back. That something was none other than Phil Heath. He browses the forum very often and we appreciate his presence around here. We are also getting a large influx of NPC competitors and we also appreciate that they've chosen GetBig as one of their stomping grounds to share information with others and simply have a good time.

The nature of GetBig will not change. This place is still an asylum of lunatics, but we like to keep some type of order present, hence why we are trying to keep threads moving in the right direction on the G&O.

"1"

Simple Simon

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »
;D
Thats either joon or shizzo.
This is exactly why you are not welcome in the UK forum
Tightbody now banned from the UK forum with the other gimmicks.
edit
On second thoughts its joon, just enough time to switch accounts and post.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:30 AM »
Thats either joon or shizzo.
This is exactly why you are not welcome in the UK forum
Tightbody now banned from the UK forum with the other gimmicks.
edit
On second thoughts its joon, just enough time to switch accounts and post.

I like the cut of your jib.....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »

Regards
Joon

Mods are in charge of running their own boards, the mods set the rules for specific areas. If they've decided you're not welcome, suck it up and post in a different area. For years the Y board had a rule that you could only post there if you had posted a proven pic or were grandfathered in.
There are too many boards on getbig to be whining like a shizzo cause you can't post on one. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
Junior

You were given a great opportunity on the UK board

Your own sticky with Ron's blessing

Where I gave you free reign to do what you want

I even got Simon on board

You choose not to take that opportunity

You aren't incapable of being normal

You aren't as clever as you think you are

And we're simply caught out with the Zeus thing

Stick to paying for friends on here

It's what you do best
T

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »

Regards
Joon

Did you just really type all of that--you're such a cock sucker junior. Literally, fuck off the board.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
Yes.

Yes.

"1"
Thank you for keeping it smooth!

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 09:28:29 AM »
This gimmick will be deleted.
hahahaha!

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 09:28:32 AM »
Hi betamc, how many gimmicks are u running

var city
foozle
wolfrittner

Bye asshole.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
This thread will be moved to the Questions and Suggestions board where Ron can later review the material.

It doesn't serve a purpose on the G&O.

"1"

Uncle Junior

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
Yes.

Yes.

"1"

Thank you for the clarification OMR I understand, just a couple of further points of clarification regarding what you said and I quote:

There is a difference between a moderator finding a post "worthy" as you put it and simply saying certain posters REGARDLESS of what they post are simply not allowed to post on their board altogether in the first place. How can anything be determined to be "worthy" or not if the opportunity does not exist for the individual person in question to post in the first place and has already been predetermined by the individual/moderator in question?

My next question is as follows and again I am not trying to be factious here but am raising a serious point that is important to me.

Suppose I want a board where only Jews can posts and no one else because I have have more in common with the Jewish community than everyone else, would that be acceptable in your eyes? Can we have a Jewish board only and if you are not Jewish you cannot post?

Suppose some people want a board where only white people can post because they have racial prejudices against black people, would that still be ok in your eyes?

What if we had a board where only gay people would be allowed to post? Would that be ok in your eyes?

What gives a moderator the ability to predetermine and select which individual(s) can or cannot post on a public board and can they in fact predetermine that on the basis of age, sex, race, religion or sexual preference?

Secondly, since as you said the rules of the UK board are that Bigmc and Simple Simon have the right to choose who can or cannot post on the UK board, I would like the same right extended to me regarding my official thread in the Zoo section to state that Simple Simon and Bigmc or whoever else I determine at my discretion is not welcome to post on my thread whatsoever and if they do you or one of the moderators in the Zoo section will undertake to delete any of their posts should they attempt to do so and derail my thread.

Would you agree that is a fair and acceptable since the same courtesy has been extended to Bigmc and Simple Simon on the UK board?

Regards.
Joon

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 09:31:28 AM »
In case anyone missed it last time heres joons true character.

Simple Simon

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:46 AM »
Suppose I want a board where only Jews can posts and no one else because I have have more in common with the Jewish community than everyone else, would that be acceptable in your eyes? Can we have a Jewish board only and if you are not Jewish you cannot post?

Suppose some people want a board where only white people can post because they have racial prejudices against black people, would that still be ok in your eyes?

What if we had a board where only gay people would be allowed to post? Would that be ok in your eyes?

What gives a moderator the ability to predetermine and select which individual(s) can or cannot post on a public board and can they in fact predetermine that on the basis of age, sex, race, religion or sexual preference?
We just discriminate against assholes.

Everyone else is welcome.