Author Topic: 5,000 calories a day  (Read 2224 times)

theoperator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
5,000 calories a day
« on: February 08, 2006, 02:20:22 PM »
ha i gotta question. i know to gain a lotta muscle you have to eat clean but eat like a horse right ? BUT do u really have to eat all that extra food on days that you dont train? for example if someone takes in 3250 cal. a day when they lift do they eat that much on non-lifting days also or can they eat a more normal 2500?
thnx for any advice

o ya i put the subbject as "5,000 calories a day" because i wasnt sure what to call it and i thought that lots of people would be interested enough to click on something that said 5000 calories

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: 5,000 calories a day
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:43:49 PM »
When trying to gain I eat the same amount of calories whether I train or not. You need those calories for growth bro. I guess it makes sense to reduce cals by the amount that you would've burnt by training but for me that amount would be too minimal to worry about.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »
When trying to gain I eat the same amount of calories whether I train or not. You need those calories for growth bro. I guess it makes sense to reduce cals by the amount that you would've burnt by training but for me that amount would be too minimal to worry about.
Agreed.

You need those calories for both growth and recuperation.

theoperator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »
ya i guess you guys are right...that makes sense those extra calories WOULD help with recuperation

Hitman_Forhire

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »
Many people confuse growth. You grow when you're sitting on your ass relaxing eating to replinish and repair that muscle; not when you're in the Gym. IMHO, you should eat as much if not more on off days because most people take their 'off' day after several days of hard training, this is prime time to let the calories go to work ALL OVER the body.
Go Big/Go Home

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 12:51:42 PM »
ha i gotta question. i know to gain a lotta muscle you have to eat clean but eat like a horse right ? BUT do u really have to eat all that extra food on days that you dont train? for example if someone takes in 3250 cal. a day when they lift do they eat that much on non-lifting days also or can they eat a more normal 2500?
thnx for any advice
o ya i put the subbject as "5,000 calories a day" because i wasnt sure what to call it and i thought that lots of people would be interested enough to click on something that said 5000 calories

Eating "clean"? That depends on your bodytype. If you're an ectomorph, commonly referenced as a "hardgainer", eating "clean" may not work. You may have to eat "dirty" (i.e. ground beef, whole milk, whole eggs, etc.) You'll find consuming 5000 calories per day much easier if you go that route. It will be even less cumbersome, if you're guzzling some good weight-gain shakes.

Hitman_Forhire

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:14 PM »
Yeah, in that instance [working with a hardgainer] home made shakes can be alot better and cheaper for you. You can make them taste as great as you like; they're cheaper; and they can have just the right amount of carbs/protein if need be.
Go Big/Go Home