Author Topic: Which pros have you learned the most from about training  (Read 14629 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Which pros have you learned the most from about training
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2014, 06:45:30 AM »
U WERE LUCKY THERE DIAMOND GYM...I MUST SAY.

i was very very lucky, i was down seaside heights when i was 14 or so n walking on boardwalk when i saw this dude LUCHO STYVINOSKI,he was teenage mr america at 14 or 15 n was a freak,hugest thighs around. i noticed he had a tank top on that said diamond gym new jersey n i went up to him n said hey man wheres your gym located,he told me n the rest was history. met john n shirley kemper when i was 15 yrs old n 3 weeks later i asked some ripped black lady if i could jump in on a set of low pulley rows n she said sure,she taught me the meaning of training that day,i couldnt move for a week,lol. she is such a nice lady,i cant even put into words how genuine n beautiful she is as a person,such a wonderful lady. morant was there,he was like my age and weighed 255 n had thighs bigger than a thoroughbred :o, i was in heaven training there,im this 15 yr old kid around these giant bodybuilders n the coolest thing was they where always willing to help u out,as long as u didnt bother them in the middle of a set u where ok. i remember buying a bottle of those CIBA-GEIGY DIANABOL back then n man oh man did those things pack on some beef, my bench went up 75 lbs in 3 weeks n i got stronger n bigger almost overnight,amazing.
R

Simple Simon

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »
I have learned most from Toney Freeman and his training style is fully incorporated in mine. I recommend him to anyone as well as Ron Love. Both have similar approaches.

Lol at Junior owning Simone badly who claims he knows more than Dorian. Simone's claim to fame is placing 8th in Middleweights North Western Britain 18 years ago BTW. Nice meltdown from the rainbow elastic band gym warrior  ;D
Read the thread you dumbass gypsy.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2014, 07:48:25 AM »
I learned how to avoid injuries from reading Larry Scott. Actual training stuff I learned from various strength and conditioning coaches through the years. These all drugs 'pros' train the same way the 15 year olds at the local gym train. Everything works.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »
when you say you learned things how about being specific?

dorian yates? well i guess he got some knowledge as far as form, but very few people train according to his 1 set principles so theres not a whole lot to learn there from watching him squeeze his biceps in a a machine or do legpresses.

toney freeman? yeah i know he's old and needs to train smarter, but it's just a shitload of weird ass excercises he does, like one leg at a time leg curls, you really believe that? studies shows that one leg at a time does LESS than both at the same time.

cutler? having difficulties to see how anyone learned anything from anything he ever recorded in the gym.

levrone? inspirationaland quite fun to watch, dude was a beast in the gym no doubt but as far as technique-wise etc not a whole lot to learn there.

lee priest? guy is a midget, very hard to believe anything that worked particulary well for him would work for you unless you too are a midget.

charles glass - he got all the angles shit but theres no science about any of that stuff, its just something he does to have something original to bring to the table.

ronnie - fun to watch and inspirational but nothing more.

bob chick - actually one of the better guys out there that actually teach technique, very underrated IMO, id go so far to say that his videos are the best of them all.

milos - also big on technique there's some stuff to pick up there but i dont believe a whole lot in his approach that putting your feet outward or inward in a legcurl would make any difference.

larry scott - weirdo, had so much weird shit going on that it feels like youre on drugs watching it.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2014, 08:59:17 AM »
i met bill pearl and dennis tinerino at bill pearls gym in jersey n was really interested in bill pearls training theories, dennis was cool,really nice guy,huge as hell
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »
Norb Schmansky -

Taught me that the best way to get better at the thing, is to actually go and do the thing. That is more or less the universal truth of any sport or activity.

He was one crazy strong guy. Worked all day many hours and then worked out. If I got the story right one boss wouldn't let him have off for the National championships. He used that old fashion split technique in the clean and snatch. With modern training and using the squat technique I wonder what he could have done?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »
My biggest influence was Arthur Jones and Mike Mentzer. Trained for  4 decades with low sets and what for me was heavy weight. Now in my mid 50's and I have a lot of joint problems. Wished I exhausted the muscles through volume instead of piling on the iron for one or two sets.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
What is there to learn???

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2014, 09:36:41 AM »
What could you possibly learn from a pro? Everything they put out is an act.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »
Haney
Arnold
Dorian
Shawn Ray
Charles Glass
Mentzer

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
I have a few pros I learned invaluable lessons from:

Mike Matarazzo, I am a lot more heart conscious now.
Flex Wheeler and Don Long taught me a lot about kidney health and what this sport can do it.
Kai Greene, helped me understand and improve my love/hate relationship with fruits.
Phil Heath, taught me how not to deal with the "Haterz"
Arnie taught me that no matter how old you are and no matter how successful you get, never get too cocky or a huge cock-up might creep up on you and ruin your year.
Nick Toscani, taught me that 10G's is just not worth it.

S

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »

Flex Wheeler and Don Long taught me a lot about kidney health and what this sport can do it.
Kai Greene, helped me understand and improve my love/hate relationship with fruits.
Arnie taught me that no matter how old you are and no matter how successful you get, never get too cocky or a huge cock-up might creep up on you and ruin your year.

ALSO ARNOLD,showed us to stay away from the Mexican maid or it will cost you,,

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2014, 01:46:53 AM »
i was very very lucky, i was down seaside heights when i was 14 or so n walking on boardwalk when i saw this dude LUCHO STYVINOSKI,he was teenage mr america at 14 or 15 n was a freak,hugest thighs around. i noticed he had a tank top on that said diamond gym new jersey n i went up to him n said hey man wheres your gym located,he told me n the rest was history. met john n shirley kemper when i was 15 yrs old n 3 weeks later i asked some ripped black lady if i could jump in on a set of low pulley rows n she said sure,she taught me the meaning of training that day,i couldnt move for a week,lol. she is such a nice lady,i cant even put into words how genuine n beautiful she is as a person,such a wonderful lady. morant was there,he was like my age and weighed 255 n had thighs bigger than a thoroughbred :o, i was in heaven training there,im this 15 yr old kid around these giant bodybuilders n the coolest thing was they where always willing to help u out,as long as u didnt bother them in the middle of a set u where ok. i remember buying a bottle of those CIBA-GEIGY DIANABOL back then n man oh man did those things pack on some beef, my bench went up 75 lbs in 3 weeks n i got stronger n bigger almost overnight,amazing.
Cool stuff brother.

CIBA D-Bol was my first cycle..........blows todays stuff away.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2014, 02:39:02 AM »
Cool stuff brother.

CIBA D-Bol was my first cycle..........blows todays stuff away.

thanks big wes, u r right about the ciba dbol bro,them things got me so strong and big within a month it was unreal, to this day ive never found any oral pill even close to them,or for that matter any injectable even near the results they brought
R

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2014, 03:01:06 AM »
Read the thread you dumbass gypsy.
did so

you blabbered incoherently reeling and avoiding a simple question

conclusion? YOU are the stupid dumbass  ;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2014, 04:57:36 AM »
did so

you blabbered incoherently reeling and avoiding a simple questionconclusion? YOU are the stupid dumbass  ;)
So from that you deduced the following.

Lol at Junior owning Simone badly who claims he knows more than Dorian.

Did you work that out by reading my mind because I sure didnt write it.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2014, 05:35:57 AM »
Drop it Simone. You were/are a joke as pointed out by Junior. Stick to the UK forum where you can erase posts when you have no rebuttal. It is funny watching you getting angry and desperate. You should PM your fat fuck friend pigmc to come in and help you with some support..as soon as he gets over the bad sperm tryst

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2014, 05:45:41 AM »
when you say you learned things how about being specific?

dorian yates? well i guess he got some knowledge as far as form, but very few people train according to his 1 set principles so theres not a whole lot to learn there from watching him squeeze his biceps in a a machine or do legpresses.

toney freeman? yeah i know he's old and needs to train smarter, but it's just a shitload of weird ass excercises he does, like one leg at a time leg curls, you really believe that? studies shows that one leg at a time does LESS than both at the same time.

cutler? having difficulties to see how anyone learned anything from anything he ever recorded in the gym.

levrone? inspirationaland quite fun to watch, dude was a beast in the gym no doubt but as far as technique-wise etc not a whole lot to learn there.

lee priest? guy is a midget, very hard to believe anything that worked particulary well for him would work for you unless you too are a midget.

charles glass - he got all the angles shit but theres no science about any of that stuff, its just something he does to have something original to bring to the table.

ronnie - fun to watch and inspirational but nothing more.

bob chick - actually one of the better guys out there that actually teach technique, very underrated IMO, id go so far to say that his videos are the best of them all.

milos - also big on technique there's some stuff to pick up there but i dont believe a whole lot in his approach that putting your feet outward or inward in a legcurl would make any difference.

larry scott - weirdo, had so much weird shit going on that it feels like youre on drugs watching it.

Unilateral training is not "weird". Flex was doing that back on his 93 vid. And since Toney is from that era as well, I understand him using it.
I guess the ones you can learn the most from are either from the best era, which was the 90s.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2014, 05:49:03 AM »
unilateral training is the best thing I have ever learned in the last 25 years

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2014, 05:50:43 AM »
stalking radu  is the best thing I have ever learned in the last 25 years

;)
T

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:37 AM »
how is you? feeling better ? bad sperm is dangerous glad u ok dawg

did you think of alternative weightloss solutions?

Uncle Junior

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:49 AM »
Did you work that out by reading my mind because I sure didnt write it.

Question:
Which pros have you learned the most from about training

Simon's Answer:
Nothing from a single one.

Result: Always the same: Owned.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2014, 05:56:55 AM »
how is you? feeling better ? bad sperm is dangerous glad u ok dawg

did you think of alternative weightloss solutions?

a little better thanks

laughing at your meltdowns has helped a lot

i would have shot you a pm but you would only throw a tantrum and post it on here  :)
T

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2014, 06:03:41 AM »

thick nick - saying that if u are dieting and dehydrated for a show your cock will get smaller  ;D

Bob - taught u it's only gay if u want it to be and something about ice machines at the mirage hotel.....

Tom prince - stay away from Advil

Craig - don't ever light your jaguar on fire in the middle of a desert

Lee priest - only a few d bols here, some deca, and a little bit of test.....

Phil Heath - always stand 3 feet in front of the white line during pre judging