Author Topic: so I went to Mark Rippitoe's starting strength seminar..  (Read 9830 times)

myosaurus

• Getbig III
so I went to Mark Rippitoe's starting strength seminar..
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
what a disappointment....
first they charged me $100 bucks extra for walking in and not registering online so it cost me $900 for 3 day seminar(25hrs)
ok what the hell... I'm willing to learn and it should be worth it right?
the whole seminar was based on the 5 basic BB exercises(squat deads standing press cleans and bench press) and physics and geometry and later went on to program design based on texas method(5 x 5)
my overall impression with the whole thing was basically over-complicate what's supposed to be so simple and charge an arms and legs for it, nothing ground breaking here. at the end of seminar they offered me to register for their coaching position and I declined.
my suggestion, save your money.... and follow the program if you wanna become a bottom heavy perma bulker with small arm. being in the industry as long as I was, anyone whom suggests that ''this is the only way to squat'' is just a close minds self righteous bastard who dosnt know what he/she is talking about. >:(

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: so I went to Mark Rippitoe's starting strength seminar..
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »
first they charged me $100 bucks extra for walking in and not registering online so it cost me $900 for 3 day seminar(25hrs)
the whole seminar was based on the 5 basic BB exercises(squat deads standing press cleans and bench press) and physics and geometry and later went on to program design based on texas method(5 x 5)
my overall impression with the whole thing was basically over-complicate what's supposed to be so simple and charge an arms and legs for it, nothing ground breaking here. at the end of seminar they offered me to register for their coaching position and I declined.
my suggestion, save your money.... and follow the program if you wanna become a bottom heavy perma bulker with small arm. being in the industry as long as I was, anyone whom suggests that ''this is the only way to squat'' is just a close minds self righteous bastard who dosnt know what he/she is talking about. >:(

Lol!!! this is definately an idustry insider or pro.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:12:21 AM »
All you need to know about starting strength is that this is the poster boy for it (srs)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:38 AM »

What the fuck possessed you to pay that kind of money just for some shitty seminar to begin with?

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
All you need to know about starting strength is that this is the poster boy for it (srs)
who is and what training regime has this behemont?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »
What the fuck possessed you to pay that kind of money just for some shitty seminar to begin with?

Bells, whistles, magic dust and a snake oil selling, self proclaimed guru.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 10:50:39 AM »
si snad děláš prdel vole, hrůza, tolik peněz v piči :)

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 11:01:40 AM »

was talked into it by one of his coaches that works in my gym. big mistake on my part for listening to 170lb twig, again.....

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Epic seminar about being unwashed and hairy - sprinkled with interludes of heavy lifting.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
was talked into it by one of his coaches that works in my gym. big mistake on my part for listening to 170lb twig, again.....

Yeah but you should have told him to fuck off the minute he gave you the price. I mean, even if the seminar was very good, would it still have been worth paying that much money considering a lot of this stuff can be found on the internet for free?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 11:29:40 AM »
900 quid to listen to some old bastard tell you some rehashed shit which is all available freely online? about as good value for money as paying a fat 500lbs whore the same sum of money to stomp on you nuts while wearing stillettos

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »

lol

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »
Yeah, WHY, man?!

That is ridiculous coin to sit and listen to someone gab on about ... whatever.

Watch a few videos and then train and eat pizza. Not too difficult.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 11:45:54 AM »

I'm not a Rippetoe fan but did you take away anything positive from it?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”

AmonRa

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 12:18:28 PM »
That greedy old fag made millions telling people to shove their asses towards him.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
What contests has Rippetoe done or won?

There`s one born every minute.  ;D

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
I'm not a Rippetoe fan but did you take away anything positive from it?

nothing you couldnt learn from the book. even demonstration was bad. all the test subjects had so much bodyfat i couldnt see which muscle was doing what. mark himself wouldnt demonstrate as he's all busted up.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »
What contests has Rippetoe done or won?

There`s one born every minute.  ;D

thanks a lot ken. i'm a sucker now... lol.

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »
nothing you couldnt learn from the book. even demonstration was bad. all the test subjects had so much bodyfat i couldnt see which muscle was doing what. mark himself wouldnt demonstrate as he's all busted up.

lol, that just about tells you all you need to know.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
Looks like someone got Rippetoed off.