Author Topic: RIP - Robin Williams  (Read 53601 times)

mik1111

• Getbig III
Re: RIP - Robin Williams
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2014, 03:33:43 AM »
narcotics are no fun. the dude was paying for drugs he did decades ago...RIP

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Robin Williams Dead.
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2014, 03:53:59 AM »
Most comedians are sad inside and suffer from depression they might make us laugh but they are not laughing.

100% true,i was watching this documentory on john belushi n chris farley n they where both very depressed people
R

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2014, 04:00:02 AM »
Thanks, Robin.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Hey, is Robin Williams OK?
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2014, 04:07:41 AM »
I am kinda worried about him.

Hey asshole

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2014, 04:09:00 AM »
One of the funniest men to ever walk the earth. Truly sad about his death.

Rest in Peace Robin.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Rip Robin Williams
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2014, 04:57:12 AM »
I think acting probably prolonged his life.  However, if he was just some schmuck mopping floors, he probably would have lived an entire normal lifespan.

He would have risen from that type of work due to his willingness to own his performance and add value at every turn of course.

He could have been a true superstar.
~

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2014, 04:59:45 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2014, 05:05:27 AM »
He reminded me of Klunk from "Stop that pigeon" TV cartoon series.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:26 AM »
June 29th pic. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2014, 05:42:22 AM »
i felt williams was compassionate, couldve just all been an act his films made me cry with emotion like in that doctor movie. you know acting over and over is a fucking awfully stale proposition, shouldve took up studying electricity in those darkest moments
A

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2014, 05:42:43 AM »
June 29th pic. 

I'm guessing he didn't get that job at Dairy Queen after all.
~

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2014, 07:14:17 AM »
Even Jerry Seinfeld said comedy comes from pain.
it s a sublimation process. Just like making music or playing sports. Most of the time we get into something to flee something else. What is interesting with humor, is that it's always done at the expense of someone else.

Sublimation is the refocusing of energy away from negative outlets, toward positive ones.

Through stylistic or artistic gifts can the very pain of living at times be converted into valuable experiences. Positive impulses engage the evil and put it to their own ends, fastening onto its pictorial, dramatic, heroic, lyric or even comic aspects.... To write a tragedy, one must to some extent free oneself from- betray- the very feeling of tragedy and regard it from an outer, e.g. aesthetic, point of view. Here is, by the way, an opportunity for the wildest round-dancing through ever higher ironic levels, into a most embarrassing circulus vitiosus. Here one can chase one's ego across numerous habitats, enjoying the capacity of the various layers of consciousness to dispel one another.
The fourth remedy against panic, sublimation, is a matter of transformation rather than repression. Through stylistic or artistic gifts can the very pain of living at times be converted into valuable experiences. Positive impulses engage the evil and put it to their own ends, fastening onto its pictorial, dramatic, heroic, lyric or even comic aspects.
A very popular mode of protection is distraction. One limits attention to the critical bounds by constantly enthralling it with impressions. This is typical even in childhood; without distraction, the child is also insufferable to itself. “Mom, what am I to do.” A little English girl visiting her Norwegian aunts came inside from her room, saying: “What happens now?” The nurses attain virtuosity: Look, a doggie! Watch, they are painting the palace! The phenomenon is too familiar to require any further demonstration. Distraction is, for example, the ‘high society’s’ tactic for living. It can be likened to a flying machine – made of heavy material, but embodying a principle that keeps it airborne whenever applying. It must always be in motion, as air only carries it fleetingly. The pilot may grow drowsy and comfortable out of habit, but the crisis is acute as soon as the engine flunks.

The tactic is often fully conscious. Despair may dwell right underneath and break through in gushes, in a sudden sobbing. When all distractive options are expended, spleen sets in, ranging from mild indifference to fatal depression. Women, in general less cognition-prone and hence more secure in their living than men, preferably use distraction.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Rip Robin Williams
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2014, 07:28:08 AM »
“Sooner or later in life everyone discovers that perfect happiness is unrealizable, but there are few who stop to consider the antithesis; that perfect unhappiness is equally unattainable.”
― Primo Levi-Chemist,Writer, Holocaust Survivor

that s because we are animals, we havent been "designed" to be happy or unhappy, those feelings are only random byproducts
of our struggle to adapt and survive. We arent "meant" to be happy or unhappy. We re just supposed to adapt and survive. Being successful at adapting and surviving produces happy feelings -even when you had to kill, demote, fire, replace someone else to insure your own survival- and failing to do so produces unhappy feelings , despair, depression etc.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2014, 07:30:29 AM »
June 29th pic. 
my alcoholic neighbor has this exact same look, they get that witches face always sad looking
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »
it s a sublimation process. What is interesting with humor, is that it's always done at the expense of someone else.

Not if that 'someone' else is yourself.
A lot of comics use themselves as the butt of their jokes.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2014, 07:40:47 AM »
not if youre making fun of buildings.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2014, 07:56:27 AM »
Fox News host labels Robin Williams ‘such a coward’ over alleged suicide

ox News host Shepard Smith on Tuesday asserted that actor Robin Williams was “such a coward” for allegedly committing suicide.

At the conclusion of a touching special report that aired just hours after Williams died, Smith seemed to become almost angry while thinking about the actor’s children.

The Fox News host noted that Williams had once told a story about his daughter, Zelda, who asked him to read a book to her in his normal voice.

“One of the children he so loved, one of the children grieving tonight,” Smith said. “Because their father killed himself in a fit of depression.”

“It’s hard to imagine, isn’t it?” he continued. “You could love three little things so much, watch them grow, they’re in their mid-20s, and they’re inspiring you, and exciting you, and they fill you up with the kind of joy you could never have known.”

“And yet, something inside you is so horrible or you’re such a coward or whatever the reason that you decide that you have to end it. Robin Williams, at 63, did that today.”

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:45 AM »
not if youre making fun of buildings.
you re making fun of someone else 's work...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:10 AM »

ox News host Shepard Smith on Tuesday asserted that actor Robin Williams was “such a coward” for allegedly committing suicide.

At the conclusion of a touching special report that aired just hours after Williams died, Smith seemed to become almost angry while thinking about the actor’s children.

The Fox News host noted that Williams had once told a story about his daughter, Zelda, who asked him to read a book to her in his normal voice.

“One of the children he so loved, one of the children grieving tonight,” Smith said. “Because their father killed himself in a fit of depression.”

“It’s hard to imagine, isn’t it?” he continued. “You could love three little things so much, watch them grow, they’re in their mid-20s, and they’re inspiring you, and exciting you, and they fill you up with the kind of joy you could never have known.”

“And yet, something inside you is so horrible or you’re such a coward or whatever the reason that you decide that you have to end it. Robin Williams, at 63, did that today.”
shepards not a coward no 'he hid he was a homosexual for some time 'I guess that's ok..

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2014, 09:03:25 AM »
When I was in preschool, I used to rock the Mork from Ork suspenders.

I also used to take the eggs from Legg's pantyhose and have Luke Skywalker use the Egg instead of his X-Wing fighter to surprise the bejeesus out of Darth Vader, because he disguised himself as Mork.  In my child's mind, the Death Star would have no fear of Mork's ship.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »
Man that "comedy" routine sucks bad.  Just awful.

Joe Rogan talked about a few "joke thieves" who would go to comedy clubs and rip off what other comics were saying. Carlos Mencia was one of those guys and Robin Williams was another. He said that everyone loved Robin but when Robin would come to the comedy club to sit and watch, some of the comedians refused to go on stage because they didn't want Robin hearing any of their new material. One guy confronted Robin about it and Robin supposedly put his head down and apologized. He supposedly wrote the guy a $10,000 check. Some have said Robin doesn't even realize he's stealing jokes. His mind was always going a mile a minute...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:45 AM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:29 AM »

Guys like Smith show this kind of anger because they themselves are hanging on by a string. So they project their emotions to the masses. Smith was rumored to be HIV positive and Fox supposedly wanted him to come out of the closet because they thought it would help them move more from the right to the center. Smith was down to 100 pounds a couple years back for some time. He claimed he was dieting. lol. Some say it was Fox News that wouldn't allow Shepard to come out of the closet but others say it's Shepard himself.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »
Guys like Smith show this kind of anger because they themselves are hanging on by a string. So they project their emotions to the masses. Smith was rumored to be HIV positive and Fox supposedly wanted him to come out of the closet because they thought it would help them move more from the right to the center. Smith was down to 100 pounds a couple years back for some time. He claimed he was dieting. lol. Some say it was Fox News that wouldn't allow Shepard to come out of the closet but others say it's Shepard himself.
YOU know whats funny I remember few yrs ago seeing him on tv and thinking'damn he has a lot of makeup on'he looked like he was hiding something.