Author Topic: RIP - Robin Williams  (Read 53629 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Robin Williams was a coward
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2014, 06:15:56 PM »
No way. One of my grandfathers suffered from Alzheimers in his final years.

He didn't recognise anyone near the end, and he basically starved himself to death over many painful days for his family.

I dont advocate suicide by any means, but why do people ignore the suffering of living?

There are exceptions to every rule.
and how was he suffering?
A

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
metaphor dickhead  ;)
Do you even known what a metaphor is you stupid fucking moron?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2014, 06:49:12 PM »
Do you even known what a metaphor is you stupid fucking moron?
calm the fuck down brother, have a beer  :D 8)

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2014, 07:00:56 PM »
calm the fuck down brother, have a beer  :D 8)
Booze is for losers.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
Booze is for losers.
ok go get laid then  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: RIP - Robin Williams
« Reply #405 on: August 16, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
+ Michael Hutchins

Don't your mean Michael Hutchence?

whitewidow

« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2014, 03:23:30 AM »
This question isn't specific to Robin. If someone has a debilitating disease and makes a choice to end it before they lose their faculties and dignity, forcing their family to see them fall apart inside or out, would you class them as a coward?

Just curious

well I think they should talk it over with their family. You don;t have to commit suicide. If you were in that spot and just wanted to die without suffering or having your family watch you suffer I would get all your affairs in order and go to where I live in Oregon where we have assisted suicide law. assisted suicide isn"t so hurtfull and coward like. I don't think anybody should have to live a life where they are going to be miserable daily, if that's the case talk to your family let them know what's up get all your affairs in order and do it through assisted suicide. Like kevorkian was doing only reason he got in trouble was the state he was doing it in didn;t allow assited suicide, here in oregon it is legal to have a assisted suicide.

I def don"t think anybody should live a life that is day to day misery but if you want to die do it in a professional manner where it dosn't traumatize your family. Assisted suicide would be my answer to this question

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2014, 05:13:19 AM »
Williams was very intelligent and fast thinking, he probably realized there was nothing but suffering waiting for him and tired of playing the game waiting for something that never happen -eternal bliss- he decided to end it before degenerating slowly into a weak defenseless piece of meat and being toyed around by more powerful people.

His inability to keep women "loving" him -in check- and his finances and health eroding convinced him that  from now on it could only go downhill.

Dude probably seen it all there is to know, experience in his life, i wont blame him for not wanting to be a part of his own drowning.

The most ironic part of it all is that you dont choose to come to these conclusions sooner than others, that's just the way it is. Most of the time strong family ties and anchoring into daily routines help preventing such breakdown, but when even the family goes down the toilets -second wife leaving with half your money- a man can be left with nothing at all anymore.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »
Williams was very intelligent and fast thinking, he probably realized there was nothing but suffering waiting for him and tired of playing the game waiting for something that never happen -eternal bliss- he decided to end it before degenerating slowly into a weak defenseless piece of meat and being toyed around by more powerful people.

His inability to keep women "loving" him -in check- and his finances and health eroding convinced him that  from now on it could only go downhill.

Dude probably seen it all there is to know, experience in his life, i wont blame him for not wanting to be a part of his own drowning.

The most ironic part of it all is that you dont choose to come to these conclusions sooner than others, that's just the way it is. Most of the time strong family ties and anchoring into daily routines help preventing such breakdown, but when even the family goes down the toilets -second wife leaving with half your money- a man can be left with nothing at all anymore.
like I said: coward

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »

Why not finally contribute to this world and do the same, basterd son?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2014, 09:51:27 AM »
well I think they should talk it over with their family. You don;t have to commit suicide. If you were in that spot and just wanted to die without suffering or having your family watch you suffer I would get all your affairs in order and go to where I live in Oregon where we have assisted suicide law. assisted suicide isn"t so hurtfull and coward like. I don't think anybody should have to live a life where they are going to be miserable daily, if that's the case talk to your family let them know what's up get all your affairs in order and do it through assisted suicide. Like kevorkian was doing only reason he got in trouble was the state he was doing it in didn;t allow assited suicide, here in oregon it is legal to have a assisted suicide.

I def don"t think anybody should live a life that is day to day misery but if you want to die do it in a professional manner where it dosn't traumatize your family. Assisted suicide would be my answer to this question

What's the difference?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2014, 10:06:21 AM »

Booze and cocaine abuse fucks you up. You obviously have no experience with either so you wouldn't know.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2014, 11:03:20 AM »

I am grateful that I have a very loving and supportive family. As I rapidly close in on turning 70 years old, I am more and more aware that my time here is comparatively short, even if I live to be quite old. Knowing that there are people who are committed to making sure I have the best quality of life, is very comforting. I cannot imagine what being old and possibly ill with no one around would be like. I am a lucky man.

Simple Simon

« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
I am grateful that I have a very loving and supportive family. As I rapidly close in on turning 70 years old, I am more and more aware that my time here is comparatively short, even if I live to be quite old. Knowing that there are people who are committed to making sure I have the best quality of life, is very comforting. I cannot imagine what being old and possibly ill with no one around would be like. I am a lucky man.
As soon as you become a pain in the arse you will be in a home.
People move on.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2014, 11:05:29 AM »
Booze and cocaine abuse fucks you up. You obviously have no experience with either so you wouldn't know.

I have some experience with alcohol fueled depression. It's not a good feeling. It's pretty easy to fix though; just don't drink.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2014, 11:07:52 AM »
Why not finally contribute to this world and do the same, basterd son?
lol...the pedophile/queer is mad.....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »
As soon as you become a pain in the arse you will be in a home.
People move on.

You don't know my family. I am in a home, my home which I share with my wife, daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Tomorrow I am flying to Germany to spend two weeks with my son and his family. If I ever became a burden and home healthcare assistance wasn't an option, I'd put myself in a "home".

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »
I have some experience with alcohol fueled depression. It's not a good feeling. It's pretty easy to fix though; just don't drink.

But, but, but ... it's a   d i s e a s e.

:)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
But, but, but ... it's a   d i s e a s e.

:)

So they say.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2014, 03:01:06 PM »
I just saw the strangest thing. Im at the grocery store and im waiting in line to pay for my food. A grandfather is in front of me with his grandson, who is maybe 11 years old. The grandfather is looking at a newspaper with the headline about Robin Williams. The grandfather looks at his grandson and says, "what probably happened was he was drinking and thought it would be funny to put a belt around his neck. Probably just joking around and stuff, now hes dead." The grandfather looks at the grandson and says, "So what do you think about that?" The grandson looked at his grandfather like he had 100 heads.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »
So, this may have been the reason. According to his wife, Williams was struggling with the early signs of Parkinsons

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/14/robin-williams-wife-reveals-was-struggling-with-parkinsons-disease/

Robin Williams was quietly struggling with the early stages of Parkinson’s disease at the time of his death, according to his wife Susan Schneider.

“Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly,” she revealed on Thursday after reports circulated that the recovered alcoholic and drug addict may have fallen off the wagon.

“It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid,” she wrote in a statement.

Actor Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's in the early 1990s and went public with it in 1998, tweeted late Thursday "Stunned to learn Robin had PD. Pretty sure his support for our Fdn predated his diagnosis. A true friend; I wish him peace."

Williams was last seen alive at home by his wife at about 10 p.m. Sunday. An emergency call from his house in the San Francisco, Calif. area was placed to the Sheriff's Department shortly before noon Monday.

The Marin County coroner revealed on Tuesday that Williams committed suicide by hanging himself with a belt. He also had cuts on his wrist at the time of his death.

A representative for Williams said in a statement the 63-year-old actor had been battling "severe depression of late."

HEALTH: What is Parkinson's disease?

Last month, the star of "Mork and Mindy," ''Good Will Hunting" and "Good Morning, Vietnam" said he was re-entering a 12-step program after months of nonstop work. His rep said the visit was meant to "fine tune" his sobriety, and it would have gone unnoticed had Williams' not posed for a photo with a fan at a Dairy Queen near the facility.

The Oscar-winning actor had a successful career as a stand-up comedian and made generations laugh with classic comedies like “Mrs. Doubtfire.” He was also known for his tear-jerker roles in hits such as “Dead Poets Society.”

Williams is survived by his wife and his three children: daughter Zelda, 25; and sons Zachary, 31, and Cody, 22.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2014, 03:30:46 PM »

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2014, 12:09:01 AM »
What happened to all the furor regarding Robin Williams? I want to know what happened.  :'(
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »
So, this may have been the reason. According to his wife, Williams was struggling with the early signs of Parkinsons

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/14/robin-williams-wife-reveals-was-struggling-with-parkinsons-disease/

Robin Williams was quietly struggling with the early stages of Parkinson’s disease at the time of his death, according to his wife Susan Schneider.

“Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly,” she revealed on Thursday after reports circulated that the recovered alcoholic and drug addict may have fallen off the wagon.

“It is our hope in the wake of Robin’s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid,” she wrote in a statement.
Actor Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's in the early 1990s and went public with it in 1998, tweeted late Thursday "Stunned to learn Robin had PD. Pretty sure his support for our Fdn predated his diagnosis. A true friend; I wish him peace."

Williams was last seen alive at home by his wife at about 10 p.m. Sunday. An emergency call from his house in the San Francisco, Calif. area was placed to the Sheriff's Department shortly before noon Monday.

The Marin County coroner revealed on Tuesday that Williams committed suicide by hanging himself with a belt. He also had cuts on his wrist at the time of his death.

A representative for Williams said in a statement the 63-year-old actor had been battling "severe depression of late."

HEALTH: What is Parkinson's disease?

Last month, the star of "Mork and Mindy," ''Good Will Hunting" and "Good Morning, Vietnam" said he was re-entering a 12-step program after months of nonstop work. His rep said the visit was meant to "fine tune" his sobriety, and it would have gone unnoticed had Williams' not posed for a photo with a fan at a Dairy Queen near the facility.

The Oscar-winning actor had a successful career as a stand-up comedian and made generations laugh with classic comedies like “Mrs. Doubtfire.” He was also known for his tear-jerker roles in hits such as “Dead Poets Society.”

Williams is survived by his wife and his three children: daughter Zelda, 25; and sons Zachary, 31, and Cody, 22.

Yes, because he set such a fine example