Author Topic: Branch and JOJ Leg Workout  (Read 8368 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Branch and JOJ Leg Workout
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »
agreed mate, any kind of intense stimulus will allow the muscle to grow, the muscle doesn't know sloppy form and half reps from perfect full reps.
The joints and tendons may suffer because of the ultra heavy weights though.

Especially with age. I don't do as many superheavy sets as I did 10 years ago.

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »
Especially with age. I don't do as many superheavy sets as I did 10 years ago.
Me too, I use strict form on all exercises and keep my reps quite high 12-20 sometimes more.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
Brian's voice behind them and this looks like the exact rack Ronnie did 8 plates a side on....I couldn't watch it fully. Bit like trying to get excited about the Paralympics after watching Bolt in the 100m.
S

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 03:30:42 PM »

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »
btw they're dong squats EXACTLY the way like Tom Platz showed David Hoffman NOT to do them ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip

Mawse

• Getbig IV

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »

Ronnie's next video, "Ronnie Coleman: Falling Apart".

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »
1/4 reps of peace. Seriously why bother doing an exercise if it can't be done properly with manageable weight.

Not sure what was more embarrassing; Johnny on leg press or Branch and his parking lot lunges.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »
Then explain Branch Warren's legs, as he's doing the same thing.

You do realize these guys have each won multiple pro shows and placed top 10 at the Olympia multiple times, with Warren a heartbeat away from winning it all in 2009.

this proves its all drugs and how individuals respond to them......the fact that Branch has won the Arnold twice and 2nd at the Olympia s\ays more about the sad state of judging in the IFBB than it does about the man's grotesque physique.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Ronnie's next video, "Ronnie Coleman: Falling Apart".

Brokeback Mountain

Brokedown Ronnie

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
this proves its all drugs and how individuals respond to them......the fact that Branch has won the Arnold twice and 2nd at the Olympia s\ays more about the sad state of judging in the IFBB than it does about the man's grotesque physique.

That mentality makes people think the only reason they're not Mr. Universe or Mr. O is lack of syringes. All the steroids on planet Earth won't turn Justin Beiber into Brock Lesnar.

If it were all drugs, there'd be way more Mr. Olympias, ASC champs, and Mr. O runners-up.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 01:09:04 AM »
The parking lot lunges were the best  :D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
The parking lot lunges were the best  :D

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. More like parking lot walks.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 01:32:05 AM »
Then explain Branch Warren's legs, as he's doing the same thing.

You do realize these guys have each won multiple pro shows and placed top 10 at the Olympia multiple times, with Warren a heartbeat away from winning it all in 2009.

I agree

I don't like branch's physique but he's got good legs , his legs actually over powered his upper body big time in his earlier yrs

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 01:38:20 AM »

That mentality makes people think the only reason they're not Mr. Universe or Mr. O is lack of syringes. All the steroids on planet Earth won't turn Justin Beiber into Brock Lesnar.

If it were all drugs, there'd be way more Mr. Olympias, ASC champs, and Mr. O runners-up.

U could say since bbing is a "cult" with not many kids interested in it like a real sport like football, basketball, baseball, etc... I'm also willing to bet not many mentally sane people are willing to pin themselves boatloads of drugs everyday, every few hrs

Real athletes with real genetics are guys like usain bolt, Michael phelps, Kobe Bryant....

I'm willing to bet that if bbing is more mainstream with kids growing up wanting to take this "sport" up u would def see more flex wheelers and levrones but we all know that'll never happen

Simple Simon

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 04:12:09 AM »
1/4 reps of peace. Seriously why bother doing an exercise if it can't be done properly with manageable weight.

Not sure what was more embarrassing; Johnny on leg press or Branch and his parking lot lunges.
They do actually stress the muscle quite intensely.
Partial movements under constant tension at the end of a normal set are perfect for pushing the muscle that little bit further.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 04:22:10 AM »
I bet in Ronnie's closet he has shirts ranging from medium to large to XL to XXL to XXXL

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 05:52:18 AM »
All downhill starting with Jonnie's last set of squats.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 05:57:50 AM »
Fighting to do 15 reps with two plates each side? With the shitiest form ever? Maybe they are trolling viewers.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 07:43:47 AM »
U could say since bbing is a "cult" with not many kids interested in it like a real sport like football, basketball, baseball, etc... I'm also willing to bet not many mentally sane people are willing to pin themselves boatloads of drugs everyday, every few hrs

Real athletes with real genetics are guys like usain bolt, Michael phelps, Kobe Bryant....

I'm willing to bet that if bbing is more mainstream with kids growing up wanting to take this "sport" up u would def see more flex wheelers and levrones but we all know that'll never happen

You're associating "real" genetics simply with the popularity of certain sports/venues (i.e. basketball, track, football, etc.).

Bodybuilding's lack of popularity isn't so much about steroids. It's about the concept that bodybuilders don't do anything with the muscles they have except pose and flex.

I'll give you a classic example. One of my best friends was a big wrestling fan, just like me, when we were kids. His favorite was the Ultimate Warrior; mine was Hulk Hogan. Big muscular wrestlers were cool to us.

In 1992, I went to his house to watch the WBF championship, since I didn't have cable at the time. I had to give his dad $15 to order the event. He watcked all of two minutes of the championship and bounced. Previously, he'd complained about all the WBF promos that were aired on WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.

Bodybuilding was boring to him and he didn't see the point of it.

And, let's not forget about American Gladiators. There were top amateur men's bodybuilders and IFBB pro female bodybuilders who were the stars of that show, including....

Case in point: Billy Smith, the bodybuilder was basically unknown. As "Thunder", the American Gladiator, he was on TV every week for years.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
why do bb always make so much sound when they train? Weightlifters double the weights and are all quiet and calm when they train...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »
why do bb always make so much sound when they train? Weightlifters double the weights and are all quiet and calm when they train...

Most of them are mentally ill.

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2014, 09:51:26 AM »
When you've trained only a few years,  you call bad form. When you've gained experience you realize that they're not locking out or breaking parallel.  Why? Because it keeps constant tension on the muscles. You rest the target muscles when you lock out, and as for breaking parallel,  this  isn't  powerlifting. Can you really argue with their results???
And before you say that other pros train different.  Actually train with pros,  or even in the same gym. Because at bev's,  strong and shapely, steel, etc. You'll see them train the same. Sometimes don't be so quick to critique,  and instead ask why.
i

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 09:59:56 AM »
Can you really argue with their results???