Author Topic: Experience with Sepsis ? Cellulitis ? recuring fever...  (Read 9327 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Experience with Sepsis ? Cellulitis ? recuring fever...
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »
back in july, I contracted cellulitis in both calves, which moved down to both feet/ankles.

I didn't realize it was cellulitis until a week later when I googled my symptoms.

woke up one morning freezing cold and shanking/shivering uncontrollably.. gf was concerned. I was irritated that I couldn't stop this "mini-seizure" thing.

(i'll try to make this short)

take my temp, it's 102.4 and I take a Tylenol and it drops to 98.something...

(oh, btw, the entire week prior, when I had the cellulitis, I was POURING sweat all day long.. while training clients, while ringing people up at the desk, etc.. sweat was just pouring off my nose and eye-brows. I'd attributed it to taking double-doses of pre-workout. since I was still training although my heel's/ankles were the same size as my calves. lol)

then, my temp goes to 103.6 and we decide to go to urgent care (using my fucking Obamacare! lol)

first urgent care couldn't verify my insurance/PPO.. next urgent care does't verify insurance, but the doctor lady is rude as fuck, tells me I'm going to die if I don't go to the ER THAT NIGHT since I probably have sepsis.

when I get to the ER, my temp was 104.7 and I'm pouring sweat, my resting heart rate was 130-140, blood pressure was 112 or 115 over 56 or 65,  and I wait there from 2am till 930am and when I see the doctor, she says they need to admit me for 1-3, maybe 5 days.. I said fuck no, I have responsibilities such as clients  & closing the gym the next day, etc... PLUS, we're leaving the country in a week or so for vacation and I gotta get ready.

well, the dr and my gf (also a med student who attends school and works at that hospital), convince me to stay after hearing the options of cutting dead tissue/muscle/bone out of my feet and ankles in a week when I came back, or I'd just have multiple organ failure including bacteria on my heart valves, etc...

long story short, I stay for 3 nights, 4 days, getting iv infusions of 3 different antibiotics 30mins each, every 6 hours.

when I first checked in, my white cell count was 13, next day it was 19 or 21 (I forget), last day/night I was there it dropped to 11.

NOW.... I've been OUT of the hospital about 8 days now, and have been on 450mg Clindamycin 3x/day, and my feet/ankles are way down in size, but I'm still getting recurrent fevers and I've been pouring sweat off and on, like yesterday I wake up at 6am and I'm laying in a puddle of water on my bed. literally looked as if somebody poured a gallon was water on the bed, even my gf's shirt was soaked in the back. my gf, btw, stayed by my side the entire time I was in the hospital, sleeping either in the bed with me or sleeping in a chair next to my bed, and talked some sense into me when I wanted to check out against medical advice after hearing "you'll probably die" about 8 times.

I never really felt "sick", but we're leaving the country in a couple days and I'm wondering if the recurrent fevers are a "normal" thing with sepsis.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Re: Experience with Sepsis ? Cellulitis ? recuring fever...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »
That sounds pretty fucking serious dude! I wouldn't go anywhere unless the Dr. gives you an ok. If you get sick while on vacation you are in big trouble. I would wait until you are 100%. I never even heard of cellulite's.
 Take care of yourself and no cage figthing either

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
here is the definition of sepsis.Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening complication of an infection. Sepsis occurs when chemicals released into the bloodstream to fight the infection trigger inflammatory responses throughout the body. This inflammation can trigger a cascade of changes that can damage multiple organ systems, causing them to fail.
I would make sure you got it under controll or else. Death

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
Cellulitis is a bacterial infection usually of the lower legs. Often seen is morbidly obese people. If the infection is treated the swelling, redness and hardness can remain. Not anything to laugh about.

I wouldn't be travelling out of the country in that condition. If you need medical attention it can be expensive. Take out insurance as a minimum if you are reckless enough to travel.

Keith Jones had this problem and was never free of it. The original cause was a spider bite but infections can occur in damaged areas.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cellulitis/basics/definition/con-20023471

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:07 PM »
I had a serious cellulitis infection after attacked by pitbulls.  It Originated from a bung that was left in too long.  I was already on a heavy IV regime of antibiotics, it wasn't a fun time of my life, couldn't walk, shit, shower without assistance and developed cellulitis and a DVT as well.
V

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »
I had a serious cellulitis infection after attacked by pitbulls.  It Originated from a bung that was left in too long.  I was already on a heavy IV regime of antibiotics, it wasn't a fun time of my life, couldn't walk, shit, shower without assistance and developed cellulitis and and a DVT as well.
Shit! That's scary! Glad you made it. I heard people die from that stuff

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »
I experienced the same symptoms, but the sweats began while on the antibiotic.  The cellulitis was limited to one arm

Is it absolutely necessary to travel out of the country while still recovering?

With the sweats, you might be detained by customs where you're traveling as a potential ebola carrier.  Heck, if you still have problems upon your return, you might be detained by US customs.  ;D

Any chance you might lose your Clindamycin while traveling?
How easy would it be to get a replacement 'script where you are traveling?
Can you get a backup dose for the trip?

What a wonderful gf, BTW.  :D

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »
back in july, I contracted cellulitis in both calves, which moved down to both feet/ankles.

I didn't realize it was cellulitis until a week later when I googled my symptoms.

woke up one morning freezing cold and shanking/shivering uncontrollably.. gf was concerned. I was irritated that I couldn't stop this "mini-seizure" thing.

(oh, btw, the entire week prior, when I had the cellulitis, I was POURING sweat all day long.. while training clients, while ringing people up at the desk, etc.. sweat was just pouring off my nose and eye-brows. I'd attributed it to taking double-doses of pre-workout. since I was still training although my heel's/ankles were the same size as my calves. lol)

then, my temp goes to 103.6 and we decide to go to urgent care (using my fucking Obamacare! lol)

first urgent care couldn't verify my insurance/PPO.. next urgent care does't verify insurance, but the doctor lady is rude as fuck, tells me I'm going to die if I don't go to the ER THAT NIGHT since I probably have sepsis.

when I get to the ER, my temp was 104.7 and I'm pouring sweat, my resting heart rate was 130-140, blood pressure was 112 or 115 over 56 or 65,  and I wait there from 2am till 930am and when I see the doctor, she says they need to admit me for 1-3, maybe 5 days.. I said fuck no, I have responsibilities such as clients  & closing the gym the next day, etc... PLUS, we're leaving the country in a week or so for vacation and I gotta get ready.

well, the dr and my gf (also a med student who attends school and works at that hospital), convince me to stay after hearing the options of cutting dead tissue/muscle/bone out of my feet and ankles in a week when I came back, or I'd just have multiple organ failure including bacteria on my heart valves, etc...

long story short, I stay for 3 nights, 4 days, getting iv infusions of 3 different antibiotics 30mins each, every 6 hours.

when I first checked in, my white cell count was 13, next day it was 19 or 21 (I forget), last day/night I was there it dropped to 11.

NOW.... I've been OUT of the hospital about 8 days now, and have been on 450mg Clindamycin 3x/day, and my feet/ankles are way down in size, but I'm still getting recurrent fevers and I've been pouring sweat off and on, like yesterday I wake up at 6am and I'm laying in a puddle of water on my bed. literally looked as if somebody poured a gallon was water on the bed, even my gf's shirt was soaked in the back. my gf, btw, stayed by my side the entire time I was in the hospital, sleeping either in the bed with me or sleeping in a chair next to my bed, and talked some sense into me when I wanted to check out against medical advice after hearing "you'll probably die" about 8 times.

I never really felt "sick", but we're leaving the country in a couple days and I'm wondering if the recurrent fevers are a "normal" thing with sepsis.

I hate it when I'm shanking uncontrollably.....

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:04:18 PM »
I hate it when I'm shanking uncontrollably.....
only when in prison

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:12:33 PM »
my neice was 7 or 8...she had dental work done... infection set in.  I think they called it cellulitis.  One hospital rejected her, so we went to another.  They kept her a week.  Some pocket of pus in her face/cheek.  Almost blinded her.  she's recovered almost 100%, face still a little asymmetrical but hey, aren't we all?   Could have killed her if it went another day.  Scary stuff... particularly because the first hospital rejected her outright - they can't just diagnose it from the big lumpon her face that appeared overnight.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »
yea, we're leaving no matter what.

it's her last opportunity to have a 'vacation', since she'll be finishing med school and doing her residency over the next 4-5yrs or so. Plus, everything is already paid for.

I only have 1 more day of Clindamycin to go through.

when we get there, i'll be stocking up on z-packs as well.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 11:58:48 PM »
Not something to mess around with. I had it in my eye when i was a young child. Not sure why you would be so stubborn in getting it treated.  ???

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 12:03:50 AM »
Fuck, I kinda suspected something was wrong due to your absence. I was just going to PM you to ask how you were.

Can't advise you to go anywhere but i'm not a doctor or anything.

Hopefully you're well enough in a few days to go with your lady.

A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 12:05:17 AM »
I had a serious cellulitis infection after attacked by pitbulls.  It Originated from a bung that was left in too long.  I was already on a heavy IV regime of antibiotics, it wasn't a fun time of my life, couldn't walk, shit, shower without assistance and developed cellulitis and a DVT as well.

You know I joke around sometimes but I really am sorry that happened to you.
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »

How did the medical staff resp0nd when you told them about your cycles?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »
yea, we're leaving no matter what.

it's her last opportunity to have a 'vacation', since she'll be finishing med school and doing her residency over the next 4-5yrs or so. Plus, everything is already paid for.

I only have 1 more day of Clindamycin to go through.

when we get there, i'll be stocking up on z-packs as well.

There are several issues the main two being the air pressure changes on your legs and the fact that you will be sitting in a cramped chair for a period of time.  

The other issue with flying is it's closed off with recirculating air and thus not the best place for your already overtaxed immune system. Plus any time differences will further stress your body out.

A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:08 AM »
You're still sweating dude. That means your body is still fighting the infection.

If you're still gonna go then stock up on anti-biotics and bring an electronic thermometer and constantly monitor your temp.
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 12:57:45 AM »
You know I joke around sometimes but I really am sorry that happened to you.
WTF is going on here at Getbig, it seems like everyone is making more of an effort to be a little bit nicer.  Thanks, but I look forward to the next round of pitbull pictures next time I say something you don't like.
V

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »
I HOPE U FEEL BETTER MAN,THATS SOME SERIOUS SHIT U R DEALING WITH,JUST DO EVERYTHING THE DOCTOR TELLS U N FOLLOW IT TO THE T
R

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:43 AM »
WTF is going on here at Getbig, it seems like everyone is making more of an effort to be a little bit nicer.  Thanks, but I look forward to the next round of pitbull pictures next time I say something you don't like.

Not everyone, obviously.  ::)

take the sympathy and be nice back.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 02:26:53 AM »
Not everyone, obviously.  ::)

take the sympathy and be nice back.
I don't come around that easy.  It takes more than a little sympathy to win me over after enduring a dedicated harassment campaign.  I appreciate the sentiment, but I remain wary as always.  A man won over by flattery is an easy target indeed.
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 02:32:49 AM »
WTF is going on here at Getbig, it seems like everyone is making more of an effort to be a little bit nicer.  Thanks, but I look forward to the next round of pitbull pictures next time I say something you don't like.

Honestly man, I originally thought you just were bullshitting about the pitbulls attacking you. Otherwise I wouldn't have made jokes about it.
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 02:50:31 AM »

Tee

Been there.  I feel your pain.  Bad winstrol shot.

Thigh felt funny, then it hurt, then I had a 103 fever and couldn't put weight on it, and my entire thigh was beet red and hot to the touch...like you,  toughed it out for the better part of a week until my girl just fucking took me there.

4 days in the Hospital, having nurses and doctors with needles straight out of the fucking Addams Family draining shit out of my thigh.

Good times

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 02:56:58 AM »
i think we complicate dietary stuff sometimes, its only complicated when you are tweaking it for superior athletic performance

the complicated stuff is electricity and magnetism

i had terrible acid reflux and was sick recently, i kinda was worried and scrambled for answers in the end i just drank olive oil with meals and BOOM zero indigestion felt great

This really says it all.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:33 AM »
From what you write at getbig you have an addiction with steroids/meds/ancilliaries. The doses you claim you use are i n s a n e.
I am not surprised with the outcome and i hope you recover. In the meantime try to re-think your lifestyle.