Author Topic: What lifting program do you use while on gear?  (Read 1644 times)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
What lifting program do you use while on gear?
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:09:05 PM »
When off, I use Max-OT... (4-6 reps positive failure, one body part a week)

But I feel this would not be best for when I start another cycle in the next month or so.

I've done two large cycles in the past.  I used Max-OT during them, but my strength went up to the point where I was not comfortable working out by myself.  I risked serious injury.

What have you found to be the lifting program while on the juice?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: What lifting program do you use while on gear?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 02:11:33 AM »
When off, I use Max-OT... (4-6 reps positive failure, one body part a week)
But I feel this would not be best for when I start another cycle in the next month or so.
I've done two large cycles in the past.  I used Max-OT during them, but my strength went up to the point where I was not comfortable working out by myself.  I risked serious injury.
What have you found to be the lifting program while on the juice?

I lift the same on or off.

The difference is that I have to drop some of the volume when I am off or I don't get through my workout in my one hour time frame.  I also have cut down on negatives when I'm off or I won't have enough strength to max.

My sets and reps are more of a strength/powerlifter type.

12-16 reps warmup @ 50% of max.

10 reps on a 1:2  (positive: negative ratio)

8 reps

6 reps

4 reps

Max

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:57:12 PM »
On this topic the question of frequency? Do you guys train more when on cycle? Evryday or even

TWICE A DAY?

Fomer pro can't rememebr if it was levron or flex talked about doing 2 workouts(with weights) a day same bodyparts

Low reps in the am and high reps in the pm

When using massive doses can the body take that kind of abuse?

Can you overtrain on 3+ grams?

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:04:37 PM »
On this topic the question of frequency? Do you guys train more when on cycle? Evryday or even
TWICE A DAY?
Fomer pro can't rememebr if it was levron or flex talked about doing 2 workouts(with weights) a day same bodyparts

All I'm going to say is that I think it's fine to add some volume while 'on'.  That said, I believe some people take it way too far (re: frequency/volume, etc) and end up not doing much better (gains wise) than without drugs. 

k9

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 03:00:26 PM »
Everyone's different.  Your age, genetics, length of training, etc. all make a difference in how you need to train.  I've tried everything but the only thing I've found that really works for me is hitting each bodypart once a week.  Maybe twice on a single weak area.  I do a warm up set (or two if my shoulders are involved) and then do a set of 10 with a weight I can handle for 12, a set of 10 with a weight I can handle for ten, and one or two sets of 6 with a weight I can only handle for about 4 and then need help from my partner for the last two.  The only thing I do differently when off or on is that I do more total set when on.  When off: 8-9 sets for samller bodyparts, 12-15 for larger.  When on: 12-15 for smaller bodyparts, 18-21 for larger.  Hope this helps you bro.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 01:32:16 AM »
TWICE A DAY?

No.

I train one bodypart per week regardless on or off.

The intensity and form I use drain me enough that more than that would be overtraining.  I train for strength, so there is no such thing as a "light day".  No point.

It's either all out or not at all. 

If I was on 3G per week, I'd probably do longer workouts, because the cortisol damage would be virtually null from all that anabolic support.

As is I'm happy with keeping to one hour increments, keeps the momentum (and I'm not using anything close to 3G).

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...