Author Topic: DEUTERONOMY 4:16  (Read 10537 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
DEUTERONOMY 4:16
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
" So do not corrupt yourselfs by becoming an idol or image of any shape, whether male or female "......................Bo dybuilding ??????

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: DEUTERONOMY 4:16
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »
" So do not corrupt yourselfs by becoming an idol or image of any shape, whether male or female "......................Bo dybuilding ??????

Bodybuilding itself isn't sinful, but you can quickly introduce elements into that can make it so (ex: illegal drug use/addiction, adultery, homosexuality).

Further, if you worship only at the narcissistic alter of yourself I can easily see bodybuilding becoming idolatrous as it takes the focus off of God.

Philippians 4:13
13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Hebrews 12:11-12
11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.  12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.

1 Corinthians 9:27
27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

1 Timothy 4:8
8 Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
Bodybuilding itself isn't sinful, but you can quickly introduce elements into that can make it so (ex: illegal drug use/addiction, adultery, homosexuality).

Further, if you worship only at the narcissistic alter of yourself I can easily see bodybuilding becoming idolatrous as it takes the focus off of God.

Gotcha..................So its saying don't let it corrupt you and LEAD YOU TOO those type of things, correct ?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 05:47:31 AM »
Gotcha..................So its saying don't let it corrupt you and LEAD YOU TOO those type of things, correct ?

That's how I take it.  Much like there's nothing sinful about consuming alcohol, but there is with drunkeness.....fine line sometimes.   Two glasses of wine in one person and they're fully sober.  Two glasses in another and they're inebriated.