Author Topic: Trying this Arnold Schwarzenegger workout for the next 8 weeks.  (Read 15272 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Re: Trying this Arnold Schwarzenegger workout for the next 8 weeks.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
High volume always worked for me

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »
Volume is just an overall healthy way to train. Thank God I didn't call I to the "Heavy Duty" mindset of the eay to mid 90's. I am NOT saying if doesn't work - I just see a lot of my buddies with tremendous pain and injuries. I am in my 40's and just as full and hard as I was when I was competing in my 20's

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
'As a 250-pound mass monster, the challenge for Arnold was eating nearly 250 grams of protein daily and making sure that his body could use it all'.

according to this he was advocating gram of protein per pound of body weight and about 4000 calories a day.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
I thought millions of people tried Arnold's routine but it didn't do shit for them because of lack or drugs?  ???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
study electricity you fuckin moron!
A

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
I thought millions of people tried Arnold's routine but it didn't do shit for them because of lack or drugs?  ???

It was actually lack of intensity

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:15 PM »
Say what you want about TA but he goes hardcore in the gym you got to respect that.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
That was my split in my teens, could never do that anymore after training 34 yrs straight.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:55:07 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
Say what you want about TA but he goes hardcore in the gym you got to respect that.
Only an idiot thinks a new routine is going to start packing on the bicept inches, TA is not one, you be the judge of this trolling=wasted time

however TA will study electricity when hes old and dying then he will see what hes missing out on  :'(
A

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 03:24:28 AM »
i was lucky that i got to train with MR WORLD 1970 BILL GRANT back in 94,bill trained with arnold alot n showed me the exact workouts they did back in golds in the 70,s. it was basiclly a primary/antoginist type of routine, bill and i would do a set of bench presses super setted with front chins,then incline barbell supersetted with bent rows,then flyes supersetted with low pulley rows ect, yous get the idea. arm day was always supersets of bis n tris also, legs n calves we did alone, it was a hard routine, bill showed me some cool stuff,the thing i loved the most was the tons of stories he used to tell me about arnold,waller,robby,corney ect n the crazy shit that went on in golds back then,i loved it, bill is one of the coolest guys youll ever want to meet
R

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 03:34:06 AM »
i was lucky that i got to train with MR WORLD 1970 BILL GRANT back in 94,bill trained with arnold alot n showed me the exact workouts they did back in golds in the 70,s. it was basiclly a primary/antoginist type of routine, bill and i would do a set of bench presses super setted with front chins,then incline barbell supersetted with bent rows,then flyes supersetted with low pulley rows ect, yous get the idea. arm day was always supersets of bis n tris also, legs n calves we did alone, it was a hard routine, bill showed me some cool stuff,the thing i loved the most was the tons of stories he used to tell me about arnold,waller,robby,corney ect n the crazy shit that went on in golds back then,i loved it, bill is one of the coolest guys youll ever want to meet
can you share these stories?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 03:46:42 AM »
i did read Bill Grant stopped training 6 Days a week like Arnold and the Rest and he dropped down to training 4 days a week because he felt 6 days was too much for him.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 03:57:16 AM »
can you share these stories?

one funny one i remembered really well is about this skinny junkie type dude walked into golds one morning,arnold n bill n the rest of the crew were there training n this junkie says(hey i want to b the best bodybuilder in the world n i have what it takes) so arnold winks at waller n say in his german voice(hey kenny, can u get me the posing oil so we can see what he looks like oiled up posing) waller already knew the deal n smiled, kenny comes back with 10W-40 car motor oil but poured it in a cup so the dude wouldnt catch on. arnold has the guy strip to his underwear n starts loading this guy up with motor oil to the point where it was dripping off him,at this point everyones trying to play it off but they where in tears laughing so hard. anyway the guy posed then arnold said(thats great now go get dressed but dont wipe the oil off cause i might need u to pose again) the guys all happy n leaves the gym never to b seen again
R

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 04:00:57 AM »
 ;D

Arnie was a getbigger, not afraid to own delusionites

Did he ever go into details about drugs and diets?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 04:08:10 AM »
bill said what seperated arnold from everyone else wasnt the drugs,wasnt some secret workout or supplements, it was arnolds ability to train so brutally hard n then keep going on and on and on, he said hed train chest n back with arnold n be spent n arnold would see waller or denny gable come in and do the same chest routine again with those guys who where fresh n burn them out :o, he said arnold was very competetive with his workout partners, for instance if u did one more rep than arnold hed get that look in his eye like (u will never get the better of me again)type of look, n bill said arnold had such a strong determination n hunger it was almost scary,he said the parties they had back then where legendery.
R

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 04:12:58 AM »
Arnold's training routines are still the best!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 04:15:34 AM »
;D

Arnie was a getbigger, not afraid to own delusionites

Did he ever go into details about drugs and diets?

he just said that arnie was a primo freak,loved it. he said that they didnt really use much in the offseason,he said they started using it hard when the 90 day mark hit,when they had 3 months to go they used it. he said they used it to maintain thier muscle when dieting down, i believe bill cause hes a honest,straight up guy. he said they didnt use no where near what these guys use today,not even close. alittle primo,some deca,afew dbol and they where good to go,cyp or suspension was used also,im not 100% sure n dont remember exactly the dosages tho,its been 20 yrs
R

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 04:16:34 AM »
Arnie and TA are real estate moguls in the minds of many

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 04:17:49 AM »

i agree,arnolds numero uno
R

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 04:50:22 AM »
Perfect for AAS users  :) others will burnout fast

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 05:48:12 AM »
Perfect for AAS users  :) others will burnout fast

i agree 100%, thats all it is imo is a recuperation game, whoever can recupe the fastest can train more often n training more often means better gains(providing they r recuping).a guys whos blasting his chest 2 days a week is gonna grow faster than a guy blasting his 1 day a week,providing everythings equal as far as genetics,diet and training intensity, the one guys only hitting his chest 4 days a month while the others getting 8+ days a month,huge difference
R

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 06:01:00 AM »

I've trained that way for several years and I absolutely dig it. There's just one modification. I train in what MuscleMag labeled "Alternates" style.

Simply put, instead of doing antagonistic supersets (i.e. no rest between excercises), I rest about a minute or two between movements.

For example, I'll do incline bench presses, rest 1-2 minutes, then do pull-ups. Next, I'll go for flat bench presses/digs, rest another minutes, then do rows.

Alternates are AWESOME for both getting pumped and moving heavy weight. Of course, if you're crunched for time, antagonistic supersets rule.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »
i agree 100%, thats all it is imo is a recuperation game, whoever can recupe the fastest can train more often n training more often means better gains(providing they r recuping).a guys whos blasting his chest 2 days a week is gonna grow faster than a guy blasting his 1 day a week,providing everythings equal as far as genetics,diet and training intensity, the one guys only hitting his chest 4 days a month while the others getting 8+ days a month,huge difference
True and good post but it depends on many factors. Overlap is a big one. Doing an Arnold type workout only gave me bursitis in my shoulder. if using Basic movements you are hitting it all each day anyway. on say a one muscle a day routine. even squating on leg day.