Author Topic: Trying this Arnold Schwarzenegger workout for the next 8 weeks.  (Read 15275 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Trying this Arnold Schwarzenegger workout for the next 8 weeks.
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 06:37:12 AM »
True and good post but it depends on many factors. Overlap is a big one. Doing an Arnold type workout only gave me bursitis in my shoulder. if using Basic movements you are hitting it all each day anyway. on say a one muscle a day routine. even squating on leg day.

true bro, im not gonna lie when i was doing that routine i always felt overtrained slightly, now i more or less do a routine like this where i rest good n recup

monday-chest-tris-calves-abs
tues    -back-bis
wed     -legs-calves-abs
thurs    -delts-traps
friday    -off
saturday -off 
sunday   - repeat mondays workout

ill tell ya ive been growing better than ever with this routine-i do 4 sets per exercise with 4 exercises on each muscle,except on back and legs i do 5 to 6 exercises cause i feel them muscles need slighly more volume,intensity stays high on everything,that never changes
R

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 06:46:16 AM »
true bro, im not gonna lie when i was doing that routine i always felt overtrained slightly, now i more or less do a routine like this where i rest good n recup

monday-chest-tris-calves-abs
tues    -back-bis
wed     -legs-calves-abs
thurs    -delts-traps
friday    -off
saturday -off 
sunday   - repeat mondays workout

ill tell ya ive been growing better than ever with this routine-i do 4 sets per exercise with 4 exercises on each muscle,except on back and legs i do 5 to 6 exercises cause i feel them muscles need slighly more volume,intensity stays high on everything,that never changes
Yes more realistic for most of us. I can only talk for myself.. hitting each muscle twice a week is too much. i get problems in my shoulders. however some can do it.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 06:54:59 AM »
same here donny,my right delt was getting banged up in rotater area,elbows hurt bad,lower back.i know i got alot of miles on this old body here,i started messin with weights when i was 10yrs old,didnt know what the hell i was doing but i still tried to lift :D i got 39 yrs under my belt of liftin :o, when i was in my 20,s i used to get away with it for a few months but not now, to draining on the nervous system also,it rocks your adrenals to the point of no return,u feel like a zombie after awhile on them crazy routines training to much
R

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 07:08:30 AM »
same here donny,my right delt was getting banged up in rotater area,elbows hurt bad,lower back.i know i got alot of miles on this old body here,i started messin with weights when i was 10yrs old,didnt know what the hell i was doing but i still tried to lift :D i got 39 yrs under my belt of liftin :o, when i was in my 20,s i used to get away with it for a few months but not now, to draining on the nervous system also,it rocks your adrenals to the point of no return,u feel like a zombie after awhile on them crazy routines training to much
;D i hear you.. you are a good guy. looking forward to hearing your stories.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »
Following the arnold program,

I'm hoping to get a maid, then impregnate that maid.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 07:22:42 AM »
Make sure its an ugly one, ones like in american wedding aren't allowed

Simple Simon

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 07:24:02 AM »
Why do they have to write the same routine out 8 times?
Its the same workout schedule each week
Epic page filling of peace.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »

It's never too early to go Jeep Wrangler shopping. 16 years will fly by faster than you think

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 07:29:40 AM »
'As a 250-pound mass monster, the challenge for Arnold was eating nearly 250 grams of protein daily and making sure that his body could use it all'.

according to this he was advocating gram of protein per pound of body weight and about 4000 calories a day.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
bill said what seperated arnold from everyone else wasnt the drugs,wasnt some secret workout or supplements, it was arnolds ability to train so brutally hard n then keep going on and on and on, he said hed train chest n back with arnold n be spent n arnold would see waller or denny gable come in and do the same chest routine again with those guys who where fresh n burn them out :o, he said arnold was very competetive with his workout partners, for instance if u did one more rep than arnold hed get that look in his eye like (u will never get the better of me again)type of look, n bill said arnold had such a strong determination n hunger it was almost scary,he said the parties they had back then where legendery.

I could never believe this whole "Arnold's brutally hard training" thing. There are accounts of Arnold being humbled while training with Jones in Florida, he couldn't take the workouts. There is also a quote from Arnold himself saying if he ever had to train like Viator, he'd quit bbing and take up skiing or something like that.

What separated Arnold from the rest were his genes and drugs though, Platz probably trained 10x harder than him and what did that do for Tom? Same with Viator.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 09:26:35 AM »
I could never believe this whole "Arnold's brutally hard training" thing. There are accounts of Arnold being humbled while training with Jones in Florida, he couldn't take the workouts. There is also a quote from Arnold himself saying if he ever had to train like Viator, he'd quit bbing and take up skiing or something like that.

What separated Arnold from the rest were his genes and drugs though, Platz probably trained 10x harder than him and what did that do for Tom? Same with Viator.
Gironda called him a fat fuck. i think Gironda humbled him.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »

It gave Platz the FREAKIEST LEGS ever seen on a human being. And of course, there are those who feel he got ROBBED in 1981 at the Olympia, placing 3rd behind Dickerson and Columbu.

He later ended up making much coin at the WBF's Director of Talent Deveolpment and commentator at both championships.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »

You nailed it here.  Accounts of Arnold's "brutal" training is more mythology than fact.  Arnold trained brutally L-O-N-G, but not as hard as most people think.  Platz trained waaaay harder than Arnold ever did.  

No matter how young you are, forget about training twice a day, 20 sets per body part if you're a natty... you will not make it past 2 weeks without getting totally burned out.   I tried it many times in my 20's.  I burned out after 2-3 weeks even though my diet and sleep were spot on.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »
You nailed it here.  Accounts of Arnold's "brutal" training is more mythology than fact.  Arnold trained brutally L-O-N-G, but not as hard as most people think.  Platz trained waaaay harder than Arnold ever did.  

No matter how young you are, forget about training twice a day, 20 sets per body part if you're a natty... you will not make it past 2 weeks without getting totally burned out.   I tried it many times in my 20's.  I burned out after 2-3 weeks even though my diet and sleep were spot on.  

Why would you copy Arnold's volume when you're nowhere as big as he is?

Volume-wise, you should have done a third of that (sets-wise), once a day. Depending on how long you'd been training, you could have stuck with the traditional 3-days-a-week, whole-body routine.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »
Why would you copy Arnold's volume when you're nowhere as big as he is?

Volume-wise, you should have done a third of that (sets-wise), once a day. Depending on how long you'd been training, you could have stuck with the traditional 3-days-a-week, whole-body routine.

Because Musclemag and Arnold told me to.   ;D

30 years training under my belt... and I've done and seen it all.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 10:49:59 AM »

It won`t really matter to be honest with you. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »
I prefer Arnold's High volume training is over 40 years.
today's pic prove what i claim.http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=117526.msg7662838;boardseen#new

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
training every muscle group TWICE a week.(abs 4-6 times a week)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 11:07:30 AM »
training every muscle group TWICE a week.(abs 4-6 times a week)
Absolutely impressive as always!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
Are you taking your dbols?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
Reverse pyramids were always my mainstay for putting on mass.

the trainer

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
Muscle center always talk about training but never about his roid stack I wonder why that is.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »
Muscle center always talk about training but never about his roid stack I wonder why that is.

Punishable by death in his country.  :-X

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:19 PM »
just a quick note, i used to talk to casey viator  through email quite a bit , i asked him about  arnolds pre contest training here is his  exact quote.

arnolds pre contest training was brutal, super intense  and would kill most people , including pros

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
As if some magic routine actually existed.
Of course not.  Its just fun to take on the challenge.