Author Topic: Dubai: A Second Home for Indians  (Read 2486 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Dubai: A Second Home for Indians
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:27:33 PM »
DUBAI, UAE, July 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ Indian citizens living in Dubai tell Vision how their community is creative, active, and growing at a remarkable pace By Heba Hashem; Vision.ae

Dubai's largest expat community is made up of Indians - nearly 1.5 million according to the Indian Consulate. While the majority come to Dubai seeking better opportunities, additional factors are making them comfortable enough to call it their second home.

"I was very keen to move to a global exhibitions marketplace to add value to my professional career.

Dubai has world-class MICE facilities and that was my key motivation," says Anu Bhatnaga, a PR strategist who moved to Dubai from New Delhi in 2003.

Since then, Anu has led and contributed to substantial projects, including an outreach campaign for diabetes prevention, in which she played a catalysing role by raising awareness of the disease at a national level. "Living in Dubai inspires me to push myself more. I've been blessed to pursue a great career and hobbies in a vibrant, multicultural and extremely safe city," notes Anu.

Moving to Dubai was easier for Veathika Jain, a media professional who was headhunted by Arabian Radio Network in Mumbai. "My parents have been in Dubai for the last 14 years, so I already knew the place." That was eight years ago. Today, Veathika runs Dubai Dates - a video blog showcasing all types of events from around the city - after working with Martha Stewart Weddings magazine and Zee TV.

"The best things about Dubai are the greenery, cleanliness and infrastructure. It's also easy to visit India as the distance is short - you're anywhere in the country in 2-3 hours." Meanwhile, Sunita Sharma, who originates from Rajasthan, also moved to Dubai for the "life style and fortunes," but what kept her in the city for 15 years was the vibrant mix of cultures.

"I got to know India better living here as I met people from different states. I also made friends with different nationalities and the one-world one-family concept is part of my life now. Never did I feel that I was away from my country."

Some Indians plan to stay in Dubai indefinitely, but some have others aspirations. "We don't have plans now to move back to India, but we may move to another country to gain international exposure," says Veathika

https://www.zawya.com/story/Dubai_A_Second_Home_for_Indians-ZAWYA20140716074436/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Dubai: A Second Home for Indians
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
curry coons  bitch about being treated like shit in the UAE yet they have a fucking caste system in their culture

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
WELCOME BACK!

thx

what's crazy is how you never forget gb lingo or fucking bb'ing culture. scarred forever

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 12:50:11 AM »
1MR kill any Indian topic shit.

:)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 01:19:44 AM »
Jesus guys whats with the hatred for Indians some amazing people amoung them.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 01:37:02 AM »

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 03:01:05 AM »
if 1.5 million vs 2 million Dubai native arabs.. I can see very soon clashes between these 2.. Indians are being mistreated in Dubai right now,  and will soon retaliate against arabs. this is a win-win situation for many  8) 8)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 05:21:33 AM »
This thread doesn't make any sense.  This is getbig.  Therefore, Dubai is in India.  Hope this helps.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »
if 1.5 million vs 2 million Dubai native arabs.. I can see very soon clashes between these 2.. Indians are being mistreated in Dubai right now,  and will soon retaliate against arabs. this is a win-win situation for many  8) 8)

Agreed. I'm personally long on the MattT Dubai, India REIT. And I just put tens of millions in client money into Dubai, India munis rated AAA and still paying well into double digit interest.

Win-win, I tell you!
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »
Dubai, India FTW!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 02:31:22 PM »

"Fighting" Pakis  ;D no way Jose  :D
Cockroach race & nothing else.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 05:26:19 PM »
Dubai: population 3,500,050.

2 million Arabs
1.5 million Indians
50 getbiggers on business trips...

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »
Dubai: population 3,500,050.

2 million Arabs
1.5 million Indians
50 getbiggers on business trips...

After just 1 rape a la Paki style population would dramatically drop to 2 000 050  ;D

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 12:45:37 AM »
curry coons  bitch about being treated like shit in the UAE yet they have a fucking caste system in their culture

Yup - must be quite a bitch going from top of the shitheap to the bottom.

Karma, eh?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »
Trump is getting in on the action also:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/donald-trump-trump-tower-mumbai-modi-government-lodha-concierge-services/1/376750.html

I'll let the billionaires like teh Donald and his silent partner MattT take much of the risk on the brick and mortar - I'll be content to just ride their coattails buying a little bit of any paper they may issue.
A