Author Topic: I hate "rest days"  (Read 8840 times)

the trainer

Re: I hate "rest days"
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 09:12:16 AM »
Even though I need them more than ever. Between the high(er) volume workouts and the various parts breaking down, one rest day for every three of training is a requirement for me.

I know it's a good thing, but I just want to train, train, train. It's an illness.

Maybe I will do some "active recovery" like conditioning stuff! Yeah!

Plenty of things for you to do on rest day, go shopping for new disco thong and purse, buying grapefruit at the supermarket, buying stuffing to put into your thong to appear big, posting craiglist ads for bathroom hook ups, so you should be very busy on rest day.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 09:14:31 AM »
An off-day "bonus" workout if you just feel like going to the gym when you're not scheduled to :

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/3067/screw-cardio---do-complexes-on-your-rest-day/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »
Plenty of things for you to do on rest day, go shopping for new disco thong and purse, buying grapefruit at the supermarket, buying stuffing to put into your thong to appear big, posting craiglist ads for bathroom hook ups, so you should be very busy on rest day.

I'll save foozle the trouble:  the post above sucks.
Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 09:23:04 AM »

I'm sorry, what?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:30 AM »
The wife and I set up a brutal circuit in our driveway.

I was pretty pumped that I could hang with her. Her conditioning is vastly better than mine.

The driveway slopes down to the street about 250m from the house. You can see a bit of "the meadow" that is my front yard.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »

I was pretty pumped that I could hang with her. Her conditioning is vastly better than mine.

The driveway slopes down to the street about 250m from the house. You can see a bit of "the meadow" that is my front yard.
You are a cool dude aj. I am man enough to admit that I was wrong about you.

Where you a sheep at the beginning? Probably.

Did you forge your own path? Absolutely.

Can I borrow $20 bucks?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2014, 12:59:47 AM »
You are a cool dude aj. I am man enough to admit that I was wrong about you.

Where you a sheep at the beginning? Probably.

Can I borrow $20 bucks?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 02:48:04 AM »

have you ever considered never logging into getbig again? Just curious.

whitewidow

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 03:18:09 AM »
If you hate rest days -don't rest! I and many others work-out everyday! we believe it's a better way to burn bodyfat, we will take it easy 1 or 2 days a week and lift for full body muscle pumps and practice posing. You can work-out 7 days a week with no issues especially since you take a small amount of anabolics(you won't go catabolic) . I can't take a day off myself,I at least have to do a light full body workout and also train stubborn areas and fine tune areas and practice poses. No such thing as over-training when on cycle even if it is a light cycle.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 03:31:34 AM »
If you hate rest days -don't rest! I and many others work-out everyday! we believe it's a better way to burn bodyfat, we will take it easy 1 or 2 days a week and lift for full body muscle pumps and practice posing. You can work-out 7 days a week with no issues especially since you take a small amount of anabolics(you won't go catabolic) . I can't take a day off myself,I at least have to do a light full body workout and also train stubborn areas and fine tune areas and practice poses. No such thing as over-training when on cycle even if it is a light cycle.

^ This

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »
I usually rest on hate days.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2014, 03:58:55 AM »

Well I didn't rest, the 40 minutes on that circuit was pure hell.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2014, 04:00:15 AM »
i used to hate them to bro but when u get my age n the old joints n bones ache alot u appreciate them alot more ;)
R

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2014, 04:01:21 AM »
if you don't want or need rest days you ain't training hard enough. end of story.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2014, 04:05:15 AM »

Forge my own path? I am a bodybuilder on a bodybuilding website. Admittedly, I still suck at it. Hardly avant garde here.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2014, 04:24:55 AM »
when i was younger id take advantage of my rest days n do what id call active rest,go mountain climbing,ride youe mountain bike thru the hills n hard trails,go hiking ect,u burn fat n alot of times n aint peoples bodies burning out from lifting,its being in the gym everyday day in n day out, believe it or not we all hit a point in our lives where we just get aggitated from never taking days off from gym,mentally u start to feel like a slave to the gym and instead of enjoying going to the gym u hit a point where u feel like its a job n thats when u know u need 1 day off aweek or even 2,i was the same way in my younger days,i felt like i was shrinking on my days off, i felt guilty like i fucked a broad behind my wifes back or something, it got crazy. all im saying is do what makes u happy n if u dont feel mentally or phsically burned out i guess your ok, be careful tho cause if u r looking to make it for the long haul n keep doing these for the next 30yrs or so dont burn yourself out, sometimes to much motivation backfires n is almost as bad as not enough, theres was a point in my life back in the 90,s where i couldnt take a day off n it hurt me bad,mentally n phsically, dont look at a day off as something negative, just remember n remind yourself that nice, new and thick muscle fiber is growing in your body n u r getting stronger by that
R

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2014, 05:24:08 AM »
when i was younger id take advantage of my rest days n do what id call active rest,go mountain climbing,ride youe mountain bike thru the hills n hard trails,go hiking ect,u burn fat n alot of times n aint peoples bodies burning out from lifting,its being in the gym everyday day in n day out, believe it or not we all hit a point in our lives where we just get aggitated from never taking days off from gym,mentally u start to feel like a slave to the gym and instead of enjoying going to the gym u hit a point where u feel like its a job n thats when u know u need 1 day off aweek or even 2,i was the same way in my younger days,i felt like i was shrinking on my days off, i felt guilty like i fucked a broad behind my wifes back or something, it got crazy. all im saying is do what makes u happy n if u dont feel mentally or phsically burned out i guess your ok, be careful tho cause if u r looking to make it for the long haul n keep doing these for the next 30yrs or so dont burn yourself out, sometimes to much motivation backfires n is almost as bad as not enough, theres was a point in my life back in the 90,s where i couldnt take a day off n it hurt me bad,mentally n phsically, dont look at a day off as something negative, just remember n remind yourself that nice, new and thick muscle fiber is growing in your body n u r getting stronger by that

Haha! I love the cheating analogy. It's just like that!

I am just not capable of zero movement rest unless I am sick. I really should get my Stumpy out for a spin. I need to tune it and put my knobbies back on.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2014, 11:38:54 AM »
Even though I need them more than ever. Between the high(er) volume workouts and the various parts breaking down, one rest day for every three of training is a requirement for me.

I know it's a good thing, but I just want to train, train, train. It's an illness.

Maybe I will do some "active recovery" like conditioning stuff! Yeah!

then dont rest. keep training. the body will adapt.
b

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »

Your wife squirts on the driveway, or your power steering fluid is leaking. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
Your wife squirts on the driveway, or your power steering fluid is leaking. 
Lol!!!

What normal person has pallets in the backyard?

Aj is like Mel Gibson for the doomsday preppers.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »
Lol!!!

What normal person has pallets in the backyard?

Aj is like Mel Gibson for the doomsday preppers.

Haha! It's the front of the house. Those were for my winter pellets so yes, a bit of prep.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »
Haha! It's the front of the house. Those were for my winter pellets so yes, a bit of prep.
Colonial style house? You would be living my dream bro.

The rural New England area is still largely intact.

You want to retire in bliss? Retire to New England.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »
Colonial style house? You would be living my dream bro.

The rural New England area is still largely intact.

You want to retire in bliss? Retire to New England.

Yep, colonial. This pic is from the winter.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
that is a pretty picture

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »
Yep, colonial. This pic is from the winter.

Oh lawd!!!!!

I can see it now.......aj wrapped  in just abearskin rug, as I slowly descend down the staircase.

"There will be fireworks tonight" I think to myself.

Little did we know that South Korea, had control over aj's chest region.