Author Topic: Michael Brown - Discuss the facts and the truth  (Read 107235 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Michael Brown - Discuss the facts and the truth
« Reply #675 on: August 19, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »
i said i dont know what the video shows.  But if he DID pay, and some little mean store owner accused him, blocked path, whatever... well, personally, I could see myself getting hot fast with the owner.   You don't accuse me of that, right after I just paid you for cigars.

So - can we all agree he bought SOME items there?  Or is that entire video of him at the counter transacting, faked?  What's the latest?

I don't know if he bought some items there?   How can you know that?  You didn't see it. 
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #676 on: August 19, 2014, 05:57:36 PM »
I was accused of stealing once at Target, and I was PISSED.   "the cashier (an elderly woman who was new at her job) got confused and thinks she gave you change for $100 instead of change for a $10... do you mind stepping back inside while we investigate this?"

My blood was boiling.   "Pull the video.  Pull it now.  Get her over here, pull the video, and I want to see it now.  Charge me or apologize, and quickly".  If I wasn't with the wifey, I may have kept walking and made them tackle me for the false charge.  They gave me a sweet gift card for my trouble :)

Turns out she was confused and they train them to panic/accuse when they cannot remember if they just handed out a pile of 1s versus 20s...  

Now, I'm just a normal, well-mannered old dude with buzzed head and fanny pack full of kindness... but try that on a kid, and I can see it escalating fast.

I dunno what this video shows... dunno if dude stole, don't care.  I"m just saying if someone accuses me, blocks my exit, and I'm innocent, yet it may get physical fast.  

I represented a few clients who were wrongly accused of shoplifting. Average €10k per case. I'm talking security guard or staff member pulling someone aside openly and calling them a thief or implying it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #677 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:18 PM »
I don't know if he bought some items there?   How can you know that?  You didn't see it.  

I dont know that.   I've made that clear.  

But at :36, it does look like the shopkeeper is casually holding currency in his hand after giving dude some items form behind the counter.  Casually walks past them talking.  Doesn't look like a guy in the middle of a strongarm robbery... certainly Brown would have snatched that cash out of hand if that were the case?

Someone doesn't add up here.    If dude is robbing the place, why does he pay for "some"?   Why does he let cashier walk past with handful of cash, why does cashier keep handing him things?  His friend is macking on the girl with a belly and a kid in the store.  Doesn't look like mid-robbery behavior from anyone on that film.  And since the police already changed one big item, I dunno...

I'm sure there is an explanation, but "Dude walked in, beat up/robbed" just doesn't fit here.  Maybe they had a disagreement on items, cost, cash transacted, etc.   I dunno.   it's not the standard robbery, i'd guess.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #678 on: August 19, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »
I dont know that.   I've made that clear.  

But at :36, it does look like the shopkeeper is casually holding currency in his hand after giving dude some items form behind the counter.  Casually walks past them talking.  Doesn't look like a guy in the middle of a strongarm robbery... certainly Brown would have snatched that cash out of hand if that were the case?

Someone doesn't add up here.    If dude is robbing the place, why does he pay for "some"?   Why does he let cashier walk past with handful of cash, why does cashier keep handing him things?  His friend is macking on the girl with a belly and a kid in the store.  Doesn't look like mid-robbery behavior from anyone on that film.  And since the police already changed one big item, I dunno...

I'm sure there is an explanation, but "Dude walked in, beat up/robbed" just doesn't fit here.  Maybe they had a disagreement on items, cost, cash transacted, etc.   I dunno.   it's not the standard robbery, i'd guess.

You can't assume he would have taken the cash.  You can't make assumptions about a persons motivations and actions to fit your theory.   
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #679 on: August 19, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »
You can't assume he would have taken the cash.  You can't make assumptions about a persons motivations and actions to fit your theory.   

No, but I also cannot *assume* michael brown robbed that store and that man, either.

The shopkeeper said the man shot wasn't the same guy, right?  He was probably mistaken, but already we have a guy with some confusion or other reason not to be credible.

Nothing on that video looks like a robbery.  Even the exchange at the door could be anything.  At the very least, this video makes us need to ask twice, EXACTLY what happened at the door?

Did the police ever release anything besides that video?  Details?   LOL if they release THIS video only, the story is "Customers wait in line then check out mama while waiting".   Seriously, dude walks by with a handful of cash?

I can't assume to know ANYTHING about this "robbery".  None of us can. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #680 on: August 19, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »
No, but I also cannot *assume* michael brown robbed that store and that man, either.

The shopkeeper said the man shot wasn't the same guy, right?  He was probably mistaken, but already we have a guy with some confusion or other reason not to be credible.

Nothing on that video looks like a robbery.  Even the exchange at the door could be anything.  At the very least, this video makes us need to ask twice, EXACTLY what happened at the door?

Did the police ever release anything besides that video?  Details?   LOL if they release THIS video only, the story is "Customers wait in line then check out mama while waiting".   Seriously, dude walks by with a handful of cash?

I could just as easily argue Brown does not demonstrate the normal body language for the theory he paid for the cigars.  He never gestures toward the direction of the register or requests validation from the cashier that he paid for the cigars.  Neither does the shop keeper ask any other person whether Brown paid for the cigars.   The store isn't that large and its likely the exit is close to the register.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: August 19, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

LOL!   He'll nearly beat a cop to death, he'll shake down an old man for cigars... but a handful of cash and he calmly looks at the booty instead?  Then, he doesn't steal that cash, only a pack of cigars?

This is fishy.  No, we can't "assume", but until we see an official report on that robbery (it's been 10 or 11 days now?), I don't even know if we can accurately call it a robbery.  Are the police even calling it that?  Where's the report?  What did he steal?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »
???
Where did it say anywhere that the officer accosted Mike Brown?   ???  ???  ???  ???

You need to look up accosted.  ::)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2014, 06:30:51 PM »
LOL!   He'll nearly beat a cop to death, he'll shake down an old man for cigars... but a handful of cash and he calmly looks at the booty instead?  Then, he doesn't steal that cash, only a pack of cigars?

This is fishy.  No, we can't "assume", but until we see an official report on that robbery (it's been 10 or 11 days now?), I don't even know if we can accurately call it a robbery.  Are the police even calling it that?  Where's the report?  What did he steal?

He was there for cigars not cash.  He probably assumed he could get in and out quick.  Why draw more attention to yourself by taking the cash..  
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #684 on: August 19, 2014, 06:33:44 PM »
He was there for cigars not cash.  He probably assumed he could get in and out quick.  Why draw more attention to yourself by taking the cash.. 

hey, I don't claim to know what is happening there.  All I'm saying it, there's "Gimme the money in the register" and "Here's my cash, gimme ten of them, I'm in a rush dick, come on".   Not cool, but not putting a gun in face and taking the register.

In this case, is this SHOPLIFTING and not robbery? 

Again, not defending, just asking for police report on this.   Seems sketchy.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #685 on: August 19, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »

Everything always seems fishy to you. Would you admit maybe you want things to be fishy?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #686 on: August 19, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »

He was there for cigars not cash.  He probably assumed he could get in and out quick.  Why draw more attention to yourself by taking the cash..  

LOL
O

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:15 PM »

LOL

I was demonstrating how easily it is to speculate and interpret events to fit the story you want to believe.  You fail to understand the flow of the conversation between 240 and I.
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #688 on: August 19, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »
That's all you need, huh?

I'm taking in all information about what's going on.

I have already gone on record as stating I have no idea if the shooting was good or not.

It's very possible that he did commit a crime, but it's also possible he did not.

Remember, this is the same video footage that was presented as him being a criminal, it's just more of it.

You guys can make whatever decisions you like, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just looking at all sides.

I haven't heard any official report about the Officer's orbital bone, but there is still a ton of people saying it was broken.

It may have been, but I read it like everyone else.

All of the information is viable.

Any of you making snap judgments sadden me.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #689 on: August 19, 2014, 06:48:19 PM »
I was demonstrating how easily it is to speculate and interpret events to fit the story you want to believe.  You fail to understand the flow of the conversation between 240 and I.

No I didn't. You criticised him for making assumptions and then did exactly that yourself. You weren't giving him an objective demonstration of anything. You didn't demonstrate anything except hypocrisy.
O

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #690 on: August 19, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »
No I didn't. You criticised him for making assumptions and then did exactly that yourself. You weren't giving him an objective demonstration of anything. You didn't demonstrate anything except hypocrisy.

I wasn't being a hypocrite at all.  As I said, I could just as easily argue a particular point to fit the narrative of my choice.   240 was giving his theory and I came up with alternative theories to his in order to show how easy it is to conform the narrative to ones particular views.  I thought it was obvious but I guess I was wrong.

A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #691 on: August 19, 2014, 07:14:52 PM »
I wasn't being a hypocrite at all.  As I said, I could just as easily argue a particular point to fit the narrative of my choice.   240 was giving his theory and I came up with alternative theories to his in order to show how easy it is to conform the narrative to ones particular views.  I thought it was obvious but I guess I was wrong.

Which is pretty much what you've done the whole time. It's very clear where you stand and if anybody suggests anything that jars with your view you start calling them biased, when in fact you're the one that is biased and making assumptions - you've already got this thing banged to rights and are ready to close the file.

Ergo, I called you a hypocrite.
O

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #692 on: August 19, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »

This should help.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: August 19, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: August 19, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: August 19, 2014, 09:09:23 PM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #696 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »
Is Gov Nixon a retard?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »

Where the hell did you get that idea from?  ???  ???  ???  ???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:52 PM »

Then he didn't pay for his cigars? But that objective website insisted he did.

So ... now what?

Any of you making snap judgments sadden me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #699 on: August 19, 2014, 09:18:07 PM »
The friend with Mike Brown already said that the cigerillos were stolen and it was Mike Brown.  The attorney for Mike Brown`s family confirmed it was him.  The Police confirmed it was him.  Eyewitnesses in the store confirmed it was him.  The store owner confirmed it was him.  The video confirmed it was him.

What more do you need?  Seriously.  Nobody involved in the case is doubting that Mike Brown was involved in the strong armed robbery.  Only morons are doubting it.  Seriously, why do that?