Author Topic: Michael Brown - Discuss the facts and the truth  (Read 107763 times)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: Michael Brown - Discuss the facts and the truth
« Reply #1050 on: August 26, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »
what does michael browns juvenile records have to do with an audio recording of the shots?
"

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #1051 on: August 26, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
The guy who recorded "gun shots" was Sype-sexing his girlfriend. He never once paused at the sound of shots. Then he turns tape over a week later. No one on the scene heard more than 6 shots. Wuz up wid dat? There is no way to connect the tape with the event. And then there is the possibility that after Brown barreled toward the cop he had just beaten badly...the cop after firing six times thought "the big guy is still coming for me WTF?"  Then to save himself he fired 4 more times. I know this is just as stupid as the audio in the first place.

Grand Jury tampering by CNN.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #1052 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
what does michael browns juvenile records have to do with an audio recording of the shots?

Everything.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #1053 on: August 26, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »
GF was watching MTV VMAs other night much to my annoyance. Some Hebrew took mic and started talking about Michael Brown and how people in Ferguson were using their voices to protest...

After I got this off my chest gf said I over react about these things and changed channel. Mission accomplished.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1054 on: August 26, 2014, 02:25:15 PM »
In what circumstances if any can juvenile records be unsealed?

This whole mess just shows the gap between blacks and whites. Blacks are secretly very angry at whites in general for something, not sure what.

White people protesting with the blacks in Ferguson  ::)
They don't even realize that most of those Hebrews are not protesting a questionable police shoot, but displaying their hatred for white people.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1055 on: August 26, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »
In what circumstances if any can juvenile records be unsealed?

This whole mess just shows the gap between blacks and whites. Blacks are secretly very angry at whites in general for something, not sure what.

White people protesting with the blacks in Ferguson  ::)
They don't even realize that most of those Hebrews are not protesting a questionable police shoot, but displaying their hatred for white people.

and a desire for discounted goods.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1056 on: August 26, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »

Taleeb Starkes gets it.

ADAM CAROLLA: Taleeb Starkes, good to see you.

TALEEB STARKES: Same here. Thanks for the invite.

CAROLLA: Yeah, so tell us about the book.

STARKES: Well, the book is a result of desperate times causing desperate measures. And at this time black people must confront the subculture that exists within our community. A lot of times we place the appearance of racial solidarity over racial reality and that is to the detriment of the community at large.

CAROLLA: What is your background?

STARKES: I would with juvenile delinquents and dependents and I was born and raised in the conditions that most people use as excuses for their dysfunctional criminal behavior. So I am able to identify it and say that's bullshit. Being poor doesn't excuse poor behavior at no level.

CAROLLA: Well how -- I feel like it is such a hot button issue which is whitey doesn't want to say shit because we'll just be crucified. I mean, I say shit all the time but everybody thinks I'm an asshole already. But there is a lot of people who want to remain on the happy side of this. They're really not saying I believe what they're thinking or they're being truthful. And so white folk are staying out of it, every other color is saying out of it. It's not like the Jews or the Asians are weight in. Whitey is going to stay out of this. So it's the black community, you guys work this out and then if you're a member of the black community and you start speaking out you can get sort of, pardon the pun, blackballed and you can end up with Bill Cosby somewhere. So how do you deal with that?

STARKES: Well, the name-calling, I mean, my wife calls me worse when I don't put down the toilet seat. It doesn't bother me. But here's the problem, this is a black issue and we need to step up and police our own communities. When I was writing the book it was difficult because I knew whenever black pathologies are mentioned, the average black person says, 'Well, what about what people?' So I talk about black crime, 'What about what crime?' Talk about welfare dependency, 'What about white people?'

So, while writing I sort of had to create a white -- I had to separate whites into groups. I had to create whites, wiggers, white trash. And I had to put blacks, blacks [with] black tendencies, and blacks. And so I compared whites-blacks, yes they have problems, we have problems. But the underclass isn't the face of white people. And you know with black people I think it's the opposite, the black underclass is the face of the black race in America.

ALISON ROSEN: That's so interesting, why do you think that is do you think?

STARKES: Because we put like -- we're just sympathizers, naturally. And then you get the race hustlers who come in and key in on that.

CAROLLA: Right. So what you're saying is we have the sort of Honey Boo Boos, but we make fun of the Honey Boo Boos. In the white community we all make fun of their copious use of mayonnaise, which is my rap name anyway, with a Z. But that culture is hillbilly, whitetrash, having sex with your cousin, Deliverance, all that stuff, and Honey Boo Boo, and we make fun of that, but it's not the face of our culture.

STARKES: Exactly.

CAROLLA: But you're saying the subculture in the black community is the face of the culture.

STARKES: Yes, and that's the issue. With that role reversal it's an uphill battle that I'm facing, and I know that, but with Dr. Cosby lending his support for this mission I felt like I was on the right path.

CAROLLA: Why do feel like everyone turned on Bill Cosby so strongly in the black community?

STARKES: Because white people were listening. You're not supposed to say that in front of white people. We're supposed to -- because white people don't know what's happening in our community despite being in the information age and the internet.

CAROLLA: In the black community he was beloved, right? I mean before he got into pull your pants up and speak English, right?

STARKES: Yeah.

CAROLLA: And then everyone just turned on him. I don't know what his status is today.

STARKES: I'm going to venture to say it's the same. If you have a love/hate relationship with Bill Cosby.

###

ADAM CAROLLA: When you had the great Bishop Don Juan's magic wand, and you could just wave it over the black community, what would you wish for?

TALEEB STARKES, AUTHOR: I would want some diversity. There's no diversity in the black community. It's pretty much its just in our DNA to be one way, and if you're not that way, you're not (quote, unquote) "black." And I would start there, because a lot of these kids are so urbanized, if you bring anything new or different outside of sports, hip hop, those two things mainly, you may be frowned upon, and that's what I would change. What I'd like to do is get the kids out, let them see other things. Outside of the city. Again, they're so urbanized, it's foreign.

It worked for me as a kid. I got to see different things: trees, different place, it worked for me.

CAROLLA: Well, how did you get yourself out of that?

STARKES: I moved to upstate New York when I turned 18.

CAROLLA: And saw your first tree? Why is that weed so fat, mommy?

STARKES: I got to see different people. And then you realize that another part of you has to be developed. Mentally. And you're not challenged in the inner city, except staying alive, maybe.

CAROLLA: So, what does "whitey" do about all this? No one wants to talk about anything, no one wants to judge. No one wants to point any fingers. Everyone just kind of sits back. Again, you'll be crucified. And this notion, that I think is sort of racist, just conceptually, of you can't talk about a group unless you're a member of that group. I don't understand that in of itself feels racist. You're allowed to have opinions about any group that you like, including your own, but not just including your own. There's negative and positive things that people have about Asians and Hispanics and Blacks and Jews, and I don't get it, we're not entitled to express those. Why you have to just simply comment on your own. By the way, as a white person, our own is boring, we'd much rather pick apart others.

STARKES: When Eric Holder said we've become a nation of cowards, blah blah blah, we need to talk about race more. The NAACP applauded that. You guys don't want an actual conversation, you guys want a monologue.

CAROLLA: Who is 'you guys'?

STARKES: The NAACP. And everyone that applauded that statement he made. You guys don't want a conversation, because with that comes some ugly truths, some statistics, some hate crime facts, et cetera. And they don't want that. They want a monologue, they want control of the dialogue, and Eric Holder, his speech put him in the drivers seat, as far as being the official race hustler in my mind.

CAROLLA: Are we moving in the wrong direction. I think all of us, I speak for all white people, when we elected Obama, we all felt like okay good, now we can put this ugly chapter behind us, because were certainly progressive enough to elect the first black president, and now they'll be no more cries of racism, and I feel like the last six years or so, seven years, it felt like either we're moving backwards, or there's just more news.

STARKES: Listen. White people are inherently racist. Even the "hope and change" whites with the bumper stickers on the car, and "we love Obama." As seen with the Ferguson riots, whenever the black people have this spontaneous combustion, the "hope and change" whites, the other white liberals, you're targeted because you're white, and that's just what it is. And I always wondered, with the teachers in inner cities, they walk such a fine line, because they are one action away from being called racist. If you tell a kid "sit down" too harshly, you know, the parent that never came to the PTA meeting will be there like "why you tryin' to tell me son to sit down with that kind of authoritative tone?" That's kind of. "What is he a boy to you? Is he, you're a racist!" (Adam Carolla Show, August 18, 2014)
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1057 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
Great interview big Adam Corolla fan. Sad a lot of blacks will dismiss the author as an Uncle Tom.  They need people like him.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1058 on: August 26, 2014, 03:09:32 PM »
Great interview big Adam Corolla fan. Sad a lot of blacks will dismiss the author as an Uncle Tom.  They need people like him.

Its a great interview.  I agree on every point.   
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #1059 on: August 26, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
Taleeb Starkes gets it.

STARKES: Well, the book is a result of desperate times causing desperate measures. And at this time black people must confront the subculture that exists within our community. A lot of times we place the appearance of racial solidarity over racial reality and that is to the detriment of the community at large.

STARKES: I would with juvenile delinquents and dependents and I was born and raised in the conditions that most people use as excuses for their dysfunctional criminal behavior. So I am able to identify it and say that's bullshit. Being poor doesn't excuse poor behavior at no level.

CAROLLA: Well how -- I feel like it is such a hot button issue which is whitey doesn't want to say shit because we'll just be crucified. I mean, I say shit all the time but everybody thinks I'm an asshole already. But there is a lot of people who want to remain on the happy side of this. They're really not saying I believe what they're thinking or they're being truthful. And so white folk are staying out of it, every other color is saying out of it. It's not like the Jews or the Asians are weight in. Whitey is going to stay out of this. So it's the black community, you guys work this out and then if you're a member of the black community and you start speaking out you can get sort of, pardon the pun, blackballed and you can end up with Bill Cosby somewhere. So how do you deal with that?

STARKES: Well, the name-calling, I mean, my wife calls me worse when I don't put down the toilet seat. It doesn't bother me. But here's the problem, this is a black issue and we need to step up and police our own communities. When I was writing the book it was difficult because I knew whenever black pathologies are mentioned, the average black person says, 'Well, what about what people?' So I talk about black crime, 'What about what crime?' Talk about welfare dependency, 'What about white people?'

So, while writing I sort of had to create a white -- I had to separate whites into groups. I had to create whites, wiggers, white trash. And I had to put blacks, blacks [with] guy tendencies, and guys. And so I compared whites-blacks, yes they have problems, we have problems. But the underclass isn't the face of white people. And you know with black people I think it's the opposite, the black underclass is the face of the black race in America.

STARKES: Because we put like -- we're just sympathizers, naturally. And then you get the race hustlers who come in and key in on that.

CAROLLA: Right. So what you're saying is we have the sort of Honey Boo Boos, but we make fun of the Honey Boo Boos. In the white community we all make fun of their copious use of mayonnaise, which is my rap name anyway, with a Z. But that culture is hillbilly, whitetrash, having sex with your cousin, Deliverance, all that stuff, and Honey Boo Boo, and we make fun of that, but it's not the face of our culture.

CAROLLA: But you're saying the subculture in the black community is the face of the culture.

STARKES: Yes, and that's the issue. With that role reversal it's an uphill battle that I'm facing, and I know that, but with Dr. Cosby lending his support for this mission I felt like I was on the right path.

CAROLLA: Why do feel like everyone turned on Bill Cosby so strongly in the black community?

STARKES: Because white people were listening. You're not supposed to say that in front of white people. We're supposed to -- because white people don't know what's happening in our community despite being in the information age and the internet.

CAROLLA: In the black community he was beloved, right? I mean before he got into pull your pants up and speak English, right?

CAROLLA: And then everyone just turned on him. I don't know what his status is today.

STARKES: I'm going to venture to say it's the same. If you have a love/hate relationship with Bill Cosby.

###

ADAM CAROLLA: When you had the great Bishop Don Juan's magic wand, and you could just wave it over the black community, what would you wish for?

TALEEB STARKES, AUTHOR: I would want some diversity. There's no diversity in the black community. It's pretty much its just in our DNA to be one way, and if you're not that way, you're not (quote, unquote) "black." And I would start there, because a lot of these kids are so urbanized, if you bring anything new or different outside of sports, hip hop, those two things mainly, you may be frowned upon, and that's what I would change. What I'd like to do is get the kids out, let them see other things. Outside of the city. Again, they're so urbanized, it's foreign.

It worked for me as a kid. I got to see different things: trees, different place, it worked for me.

STARKES: I got to see different people. And then you realize that another part of you has to be developed. Mentally. And you're not challenged in the inner city, except staying alive, maybe.

CAROLLA: So, what does "whitey" do about all this? No one wants to talk about anything, no one wants to judge. No one wants to point any fingers. Everyone just kind of sits back. Again, you'll be crucified. And this notion, that I think is sort of racist, just conceptually, of you can't talk about a group unless you're a member of that group. I don't understand that in of itself feels racist. You're allowed to have opinions about any group that you like, including your own, but not just including your own. There's negative and positive things that people have about Asians and Hispanics and Blacks and Jews, and I don't get it, we're not entitled to express those. Why you have to just simply comment on your own. By the way, as a white person, our own is boring, we'd much rather pick apart others.

STARKES: When Eric Holder said we've become a nation of cowards, blah blah blah, we need to talk about race more. The NAACP applauded that. You guys don't want an actual conversation, you guys want a monologue.

STARKES: The NAACP. And everyone that applauded that statement he made. You guys don't want a conversation, because with that comes some ugly truths, some statistics, some hate crime facts, et cetera. And they don't want that. They want a monologue, they want control of the dialogue, and Eric Holder, his speech put him in the drivers seat, as far as being the official race hustler in my mind.

CAROLLA: Are we moving in the wrong direction. I think all of us, I speak for all white people, when we elected Obama, we all felt like okay good, now we can put this ugly chapter behind us, because were certainly progressive enough to elect the first black president, and now they'll be no more cries of racism, and I feel like the last six years or so, seven years, it felt like either we're moving backwards, or there's just more news.

STARKES: Listen. White people are inherently racist. Even the "hope and change" whites with the bumper stickers on the car, and "we love Obama." As seen with the Ferguson riots, whenever the black people have this spontaneous combustion, the "hope and change" whites, the other white liberals, you're targeted because you're white, and that's just what it is. And I always wondered, with the teachers in inner cities, they walk such a fine line, because they are one action away from being called racist. If you tell a kid "sit down" too harshly, you know, the parent that never came to the PTA meeting will be there like "why you tryin' to tell me son to sit down with that kind of authoritative tone?" That's kind of. "What is he a boy to you? Is he, you're a racist!" (Adam Carolla Show, August 18, 2014)
I agree and I have been saying this.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #1060 on: August 26, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »
archer likes to "advocate for personal responsibilty"

everything he posts is about what black people should do

clearly archer is a hebrew!!

"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1061 on: August 26, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »
archer likes to "advocate for personal responsibilty"

everything he posts is about what black people should do

clearly archer is a hebrew!!

I'm Taleeb Starkes
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1062 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »
I agree and I have been saying this.

"TALEEB STARKES, AUTHOR: I would want some diversity. There's no diversity in the black community. It's pretty much its just in our DNA to be one way, and if you're not that way, you're not (quote, unquote) "black." And I would start there, because a lot of these kids are so urbanized, if you bring anything new or different outside of sports, hip hop, those two things mainly, you may be frowned upon, and that's what I would change. What I'd like to do is get the kids out, let them see other things. Outside of the city. Again, they're so urbanized, it's foreign."

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this was that scene in the Chris Rock movie I Think I Love My Wife where the character played by Kerry Washington accuses Chris Rocks character of having Ni#@#er ears when she goes through the music on his Ipod.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #1063 on: August 26, 2014, 05:08:46 PM »
"TALEEB STARKES, AUTHOR: I would want some diversity. There's no diversity in the black community. It's pretty much its just in our DNA to be one way, and if you're not that way, you're not (quote, unquote) "black." And I would start there, because a lot of these kids are so urbanized, if you bring anything new or different outside of sports, hip hop, those two things mainly, you may be frowned upon, and that's what I would change. What I'd like to do is get the kids out, let them see other things. Outside of the city. Again, they're so urbanized, it's foreign."

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this was that scene in the Chris Rock movie I Think I Love My Wife where the character played by Kerry Washington accuses Chris Rocks character of having Ni#@#er ears when she goes through the music on his Ipod.
I agree but disagree.
Black folk are very diverse. From the Northern, Southern, Mid-West, West, East, different styles, and dialects and thinking. Add in the African, Latin, Caribbean, and you have differences as well. And let's not go into the diverse hues. In some instances black people are monolithic, in others not so much.

Add in the fact that the black urban trends are what young America as whole tend to follow, and that pretty all popular music today can trace it's roots to black music, and that jazz is hailed as the first true original American musical form, I'd say that it is the black culture that has taught America how to diversify.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1064 on: August 26, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »
I agree but disagree.
Black folk are very diverse. From the Northern, Southern, Mid-West, West, East, different styles, and dialects and thinking. Add in the African, Latin, Caribbean, and you have differences as well. And let's not go into the diverse hues. In some instances black people are monolithic, in others not so much.

Add in the fact that the black urban trends are what young America as whole tend to follow, and that pretty all popular music today can trace it's roots to black music, and that jazz is hailed as the first true original American musical form, I'd say that it is the black culture that has taught America how to diversify.

Good points.  I agree with you on this.
A

cjn1717

• Getbig II
« Reply #1065 on: August 26, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »
Taleeb Starkes gets it.

So, while writing I sort of had to create a white -- I had to separate whites into groups. I had to create whites, wiggers, white trash. And I had to put blacks, blacks [with] guy tendencies, and guys. And so I compared whites-blacks, yes they have problems, we have problems. But the underclass isn't the face of white people. And you know with black people I think it's the opposite, the black underclass is the face of the black race in America.

###

Wow, those were great points. I'm going to be looking into getting book. Until more black people step out and go against the grain,Blacks will continue to live a mediocre subpar existence, it sounds rough but the truth hurts. (The grain being 94% vote democrat) (again not saying republicans are better but you can't do much worse then what democrats have gotten blacks for 40+ years) simply astounding no one has stopped and pumped the brakes and surveyed where they are economically, financially, etc..) just lock step LOCK STEP no questions asked behind leaders that have fucked them up,down,left,right, and around again. Convinced them without any searching done on their own part of the "racist" Republican being the only true Republican. It's like an entire culture has been brainwashed. I just finished Dr. Ben Carson's book and I already bought his second, will be looking at this guys book next. I swear Amazon used books is the shit, I get hardcovers for pennies never more than $2 - $4.00. If more give it a little time and they will drop. Always perfect condition. Sorry for horrible spelling I fucking hate typing on iPads

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1066 on: August 27, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »
I agree but disagree.

You also can't say that white culture is/was monolithic, especially at the early stages of the country.  European music comes in a wide variety of flavors.   Greek folk music is vastly different than Irish folk music in structure and sound.  By folk I am referring to traditional music not the limp wristed 60's variety that most associate with the word folk today. The music of the bourgeois European Americans like opera and waltzes was not the music of the people.    In fact, the traditional folk music from Appalachia has a lot in common with the blues.

Another thing to consider is that nothing is created in a vacuum.  Blacks weren't brought to this country strumming guitars singing Crossroads  They were greatly influenced by the instruments and music, particularly gospel, that they encountered.  Like everything these new sounds were filtered through their culture to become something, different, new and original but also carried with it the deep musical traditions of their ancestors.

A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1067 on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:03 AM »
You also can't say that white culture is/was monolithic, especially at the early stages of the country.  European music comes in a wide variety of flavors.   Greek folk music is vastly different than Irish folk music in structure and sound.  By folk I am referring to traditional music not the limp wristed 60's variety that most associate with the word folk today. The music of the bourgeois European Americans like opera and waltzes was not the music of the people.    In fact, the traditional folk music from Appalachia has a lot in common with the blues.

Another thing to consider is that nothing is created in a vacuum.  Blacks weren't brought to this country strumming guitars singing Crossroads  They were greatly influenced by the instruments and music, particularly gospel, that they encountered.  Like everything these new sounds were filtered through their culture to become something, different, new and original but also carried with it the deep musical traditions of their ancestors.

I have to add that the best parts of diversity are food and music. 
A

cjn1717

• Getbig II
« Reply #1068 on: August 27, 2014, 01:42:54 PM »

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1069 on: August 27, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »
Low IQ monkey shot and killed.

What's the issue?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #1070 on: August 27, 2014, 01:55:24 PM »
Low IQ monkey shot and killed.

What's the issue?

PETA called in Al Sharpton.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #1071 on: August 27, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
I agree but disagree.
Black folk are very diverse. From the Northern, Southern, Midlie-West, West, East, different styles, and dialects and thinking. Add in the African, Latin, Caribbean, and you have differences as well. And let's not go into the diverse hues. In some instances black people are monolithic, in others not so much.

Not really,  I have a teenage daughter, she informs me that only the hoodlums listen to hip hop these days. Kids are into pop music right now, its a wimpy cycle,  like the mid 70s

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #1072 on: August 28, 2014, 03:28:18 AM »
Not really,  I have a teenage daughter, she informs me that only the hoodlums listen to hip hop these days. Kids are into pop music right now, its a wimpy cycle,  like the mid 70s
remember how biased many teenagers are...

You know that Pop is more crossover than anything. Rihanna, JLo, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry all have pop songs, that you would hear on hip hop stations, and vice versa.
And many of the pop singers have collabs with hip hop/r&b stars or even connections with them. And check their iPods, surprise, surprise. Hell, even Usher is now considered "pop" (and Justin Timberfake), and Usher is the one responsible for Bieber.
You probably already know that pop music is where the money is at---mass appeal
Even EPMD had a song called "Crossover".

When kids go to college, Bob Marley becomes all the rage...people become "conscious" and the pop stars are dropped because "they aren't real" and people start analyzing their "lyrics" which have no "meaning", so then they start listening to the rapper Common or Talib Kweli and how they tap into the "realness".
The common theme now, is people listening to 90s hip hop, because current hip hop sucks---they sing rap now, and in general their lyrics suck.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1073 on: August 29, 2014, 10:24:29 AM »
Not really,  I have a teenage daughter, she informs me that only the hoodlums listen to hip hop these days. Kids are into pop music right now, its a wimpy cycle,  like the mid 70s
Interesting that she's hanging out with black guys.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #1074 on: August 29, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »