Author Topic: Vet turned away from Six Flags for "offensive" shirt!  (Read 6988 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Vet turned away from Six Flags for "offensive" shirt!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »
Six Flags has a dress code that applies to all visitors, veterans or not. As a veteran I do not expect to be exempt from the rules for everyone else.

I'm also a veteran and this is open to interpretation. The shirt was not vulgar or offensive and raised money for veterans.

DRESS CODE
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Six Flags strictly enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics is not permitted, and shirts cannot be turned inside-out as a solution. Bathing suits may be worn only in waterpark areas. Bikini/bathing suit tops must be covered up while in the theme park. Sheer, mesh, and see-through clothing cannot be used as a cover up over bathing suits. Park admission may be denied if clothing is deemed by management to be inappropriate. Shirt, shoes, and a bottom (shorts, pants, skirt, etc) must be worn at all times in the theme park.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 02:45:30 PM »
I'm also a veteran and this is open to interpretation. The shirt was not vulgar or offensive and raised money for veterans.

DRESS CODE
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, Six Flags strictly enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing with rude, vulgar or offensive language or graphics is not permitted, and shirts cannot be turned inside-out as a solution. Bathing suits may be worn only in waterpark areas. Bikini/bathing suit tops must be covered up while in the theme park. Sheer, mesh, and see-through clothing cannot be used as a cover up over bathing suits. Park admission may be denied if clothing is deemed by management to be inappropriate. Shirt, shoes, and a bottom (shorts, pants, skirt, etc) must be worn at all times in the theme park.

You sort of contradicted yourself there. You say, "Its open for interpretation," then say, "Its NOT offensive." The problem is that since its open to interpretation, it may be offensive to others, even if it is not offensive to you. As such, since it is a privately owned park, the last person to have a say is the manager or whoever runs the park. I am not saying I agree or disagree with such a stance. But it is what it is. Its a privately owned corporation. That's the beauty of capitalism. If you do not agree with the rules or standards of one business, you're free to go elsewhere.
X

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »
You sort of contradicted yourself there. You say, "Its open for interpretation," then say, "Its NOT offensive." The problem is that since its open to interpretation, it may be offensive to others, even if it is not offensive to you. As such, since it is a privately owned park, the last person to have a say is the manager or whoever runs the park. I am not saying I agree or disagree with such a stance. But it is what it is. Its a privately owned corporation. That's the beauty of capitalism. If you do not agree with the rules or standards of one business, you're free to go elsewhere.

I agree with you on your point.  It just seems to me these issues are resolved based on the political correctness of the day and that's what gnaws at me.  It's NJ and I can just imagine the number guidos wandering around with gold chains and wife beaters which I deem offensive. ;D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »
im boycotting six flags

epic_alien

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 03:29:48 PM »
all of you are missing the point. they didn't let him in cause he was mexican!! brown pride!!

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »
all of you are missing the point. they didn't let him in cause he was mexican!! brown pride!!

The fat bastard probably stole the shirt from his employer's laundry basket so he could strut around in a homo erotic manner at the park for the day.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »
I agree with you on your point.  It just seems to me these issues are resolved based on the political correctness of the day and that's what gnaws at me.  It's NJ and I can just imagine the number guidos wandering around with gold chains and wife beaters which I deem offensive. ;D

Well, I think their rationale was the gun on the shirt, which may imply violence to some (again, I do not think it insinuates violence, just trying to "understand" how the corporation may see it). Gold chains and a wife beater are less likely to cause a reaction that indicates violence.
X

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 01:56:05 PM »
We all know that if it had been something pro-muslim, pro-911, anti-American, kill whitey, etc, on the shirt, no one would have said shit. And anyone who would have would have been crucified in the media, fired, sued, charged with hate crimes, etc.

We all have to be tolerant of everything that is not only NOT pro-white, pro-American or Israel, pro-US military, pro-Christian or Jewish, etc, but also of everything in paragraph 1 that is actually AGAINST these things.

If you ARE pro-any of these in paragraph 2(even if you're NOT ANTI-anything in paragraph 1), you're a hate mongerer, intolerant, etc, etc.
A

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 04:55:25 PM »
im boycotting six flags

I'm boycotting fat Mexicans.