Author Topic: RIP - Mike Matarazzo - Sad Day in Bodybuilding  (Read 88512 times)

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
Re: RIP - Mike Matarazzo - Sad Day in Bodybuilding
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2014, 02:11:50 AM »
R.I.P BIG GUY  :'(

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »
Friends & Family for those of you who knew and loved Mike, we will be have a celebration of life memorial on Thursday August 28th. , at River Oak Grace church in Oakdale, 2:00 pm. We would love to have you.
Thank you,
Lacey Matarazzo

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
WTF!  Mike was one of the guys I tried to copy growing up.  Just sad.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
"Mike Matarazzo Being Used As A Martyr In The War Against Testosterone Online" - Jason Blaha

He says he wanted to be respectful but then calls him "Mike Matazorro"  ::) ???

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2014, 05:52:39 AM »
Friends & Family for those of you who knew and loved Mike, we will be have a celebration of life memorial on Thursday August 28th. , at River Oak Grace church in Oakdale, 2:00 pm. We would love to have you.
Thank you,
Lacey Matarazzo

THIS , is what the focus should be right now.

Pushing the envelope to win is what elite/pro level sport is all about.
Mike was a cool , hardcore pro who was very popular with the fans.
Pros like him made being  bodybuilding fan a lot more fun and interesting.
I'm glad I got to see him , doing his thing, in his prime , like many other fans.

It's sad he's gone, but nobody lives forever.

Have a cold one ,up above, with your dad big Mike.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
THIS , is what the focus should be right now.

Pushing the envelope to win is what elite/pro level sport is all about.
Mike was a cool , hardcore pro who was very popular with the fans.
Pros like him made being  bodybuilding fan a lot more fun and interesting.
I'm glad I got to see him , doing his thing, in his prime , like many other fans.

It's sad he's gone, but nobody lives forever.

Have a cold one ,up above, with your dad big Mike.

Nobody lives forever but they're certainly dead forever.  Given the tone of an interview of Mike after all his health problems began, I suspect he would have changed his past if he could.  In his situation, who wouldn't?  Perhaps some hardcore idiots but most people would rather live a long healthy life than a short sordid one. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2014, 11:23:46 PM »
Nobody lives forever but they're certainly dead forever.  Given the tone of an interview of Mike after all his health problems began, I suspect he would have changed his past if he could.  In his situation, who wouldn't?  Perhaps some hardcore idiots but most people would rather live a long healthy life than a short sordid one. 

I am unaware Mike lead a sordid life.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2014, 12:57:42 AM »
a typical MM routine. full of life and fun and vigour.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2014, 03:38:53 AM »
Nobody lives forever but they're certainly dead forever.  Given the tone of an interview of Mike after all his health problems began, I suspect he would have changed his past if he could. 

but then what did he change afterwards?

did he do anything to improve his health or did he just become some fat guy?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »

I agree with you , but here is the dilemma.
If he didn't  take what was required to be a freaky pro BB, would we ever know about him?

It's sad that bodybuilding evolved into one of the least healthy , drug ridden sports, but it has.
I competed over 40 times , didn't get  into many drugs  and stayed healthy.
BUT, I never won any major contest. Hmmmmm?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
I am unaware Mike lead a sordid life.

His drug use/abuse was nothing but sordid.  That is what I would reference in relation to the term. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »
His drug use/abuse was nothing but sordid.  That is what I would reference in relation to the term. 

Hmm, I see drug use as being a poor decision. I have not considered that some folks see it as immoral, dishonorable or sleezy.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2014, 01:01:25 AM »
Hmm, I see drug use as being a poor decision. I have not considered that some folks see it as immoral, dishonorable or sleezy.

I gotta say, Prime....Mike Matarazzo always had that "it" factor when it came to connecting with a crowd.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2014, 08:36:40 AM »
No question about that poly! Mike was a real fan favorite and had a freaky physique with stage charisma.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2014, 12:29:28 PM »
there is likely nothing could have helped Mike live to 60.   some people just won't live long.   some can abuse their organs like crazy and live to their 80's.  even if he lived the life of a health fanatic,  genetic predispositions would have probably resulted in an early demise for Mike.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2014, 05:26:12 PM »

Then we shall have to disagree in as agreeable a manner as possible, my friend.  ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
Rip
One of the true greats...

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »
there is likely nothing could have helped Mike live to 60.   some people just won't live long.   some can abuse their organs like crazy and live to their 80's.  even if he lived the life of a health fanatic,  genetic predispositions would have probably resulted in an early demise for Mike.
Wrong. Steroids killed Mike Matarazzo in what should have been the prime of his life.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »
Bodybuilding is marketed as a healthy endeavor. But, it is an extreme lifestyle sport---where massive amounts of foods, drugs, dieted and muscle turns it into an unhealthy endeavor. PIP Mike Matarazzo.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »
Bodybuilding is marketed as a healthy endeavor. But, it is an extreme lifestyle sport---where massive amounts of foods, drugs, dieted and muscle turns it into an unhealthy endeavor. PIP Mike Matarazzo.

I think this is the ideal time to bring up the ironic nature of bodybuilding and health.
Fans cheer loud and long for freaks. No extreme  drugs and prep regimes = NO FREAKS ( as we know it).

I've been a long time advocate for awarding classic physiques with good definition as the ideal.
I see no reason why we need male MPD models in surf shorts standing on stage with their hand on their hip.
Nor do we need figure and bikini babes strutting around either.

We simply need male and female bodybuilders , doing actual poses and being judges on who has the best overall physique.
Freaky size and grainy hardness should never be the key to winning a physique contest.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »
meat won't kill u, saturated fat won't kill u = fact, there are populations on earth living almost exclusively on animal protein and fat and rarely display heart issues

things take a 180 degree turn when carbs are included in the upper equation which spike insulin levels, now that can cause havoc on your system, insulin is the most powerful hormone in the body and can fuck u up pretty bad : high blood pressure, high LDL, low HDL, high triglycerides, insulin resistance etc

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2014, 11:53:30 PM »
meat won't kill u, saturated fat won't kill u = fact, there are populations on earth living almost exclusively on animal protein and fat and rarely display heart issues

things take a 180 degree turn when carbs are included in the upper equation which spike insulin levels

that - and the fact that farmed animals are fed shit and that low quality crap is then fed to humans. Nutrition and genetics need to match. It makes as much sense for humans to eat wheat as it is for rhinos to eat chocolate. Poor quality fats and shit carbs is what makes people fat, U.S. being the flag ship in this regard.

how many people here know that 'Atlantic salmon' is another name for farm fed salmon that is extremely poor in quality compared to wild caught salmon

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2014, 01:08:27 AM »
that - and the fact that farmed animals are fed shit and that low quality crap is then fed to humans. Nutrition and genetics need to match. It makes as much sense for humans to eat wheat as it is for rhinos to eat chocolate. Poor quality fats and shit carbs is what makes people fat, U.S. being the flag ship in this regard.

how many people here know that 'Atlantic salmon' is another name for farm fed salmon that is extremely poor in quality compared to wild caught salmon

correct, sadly almost everything raised is fed utter crap (corn, soy, animal biproducts ) and this alters fat and meat composition of the animals and fish we consume

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »
I think this is the ideal time to bring up the ironic nature of bodybuilding and health.
Fans cheer loud and long for freaks. No extreme  drugs and prep regimes = NO FREAKS ( as we know it).

I've been a long time advocate for awarding classic physiques with good definition as the ideal.
I see no reason why we need male MPD models in surf shorts standing on stage with their hand on their hip.
Nor do we need figure and bikini babes strutting around either.

We simply need male and female bodybuilders , doing actual poses and being judges on who has the best overall physique.
Freaky size and grainy hardness should never be the key to winning a physique contest.

The promoters may feel differently. Seems like they are searching for ways to attract a larger and broader audience. A narrower focus on bodybuilding competitions may be good for the sport aspect of bodybuilding, but probably wouldn't bring in the crowds the way the "circus" it has become does.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »
The promoters may feel differently. Seems like they are searching for ways to attract a larger and broader audience. A narrower focus on bodybuilding competitions may be good for the sport aspect of bodybuilding, but probably wouldn't bring in the crowds the way the "circus" it has become does.

The new format with a 100 different divisions does get a lot more paid entrants in contests.
BUT it does very little to promote BB as a sport.
Regardless of what format they use, I'll always enjoy good bodybuilding match ups.
BUT have very little interest in swimsuit , beauty contests like bikini and MPD.