Author Topic: Jean-Pierre Fux - In the long run, the squat accident saved his life  (Read 45869 times)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Jean-Pierre Fux - In the long run, the squat accident saved his life
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 04:50:32 AM »
In heaven, Kovacs has angels with silk towels wiping his ass!

Love your beautifully cheek-ish attitude.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 06:02:07 AM »
Another guy who's life was saved.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 06:13:13 AM »
Yep. Funny how Dave Palumbo is outliving all these guys.

Dave's not in the best of health but he's eating right and doing a lot of cardio.  He's always been a health nut whereas other guys haven't.  I lot of the death are mainly attributed to a combination of steroids and poor habits such as improper nutrition, smoking, rec drugs, pain meds etc.

Your body can only handle one vice at best....compounding them will lead to an early death
A

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 06:24:28 AM »
Dave's not in the best of health but he's eating right and doing a lot of cardio.  He's always been a health nut whereas other guys haven't.  I lot of the death are mainly attributed to a combination of steroids and poor habits such as improper nutrition, smoking, rec drugs, pain meds etc.

Your body can only handle one vice at best....compounding them will lead to an early death

Being 300lbs doesn't help either.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 06:33:48 AM »

Most importantly he's not trying to walk around looking pro size or anything , that has a lot to do with it

Who's next to go?

Ruhl? Ronnie?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 06:44:17 AM »
40 seems to be the tipping point for the mass monsters. If they're not slimming down and backing off on the drugs by then, they seem to be either busted out or dead a few years after that.

Vince Taylor is pushing 60. He seems to be fine. Dennis James is almost 50, as is Tony Freeman. They seem to be alive and well. And let's not forget Big Louie. He was at his biggest in his 40s, 315 lbs ripped.

Robby Robinson wasn't exactly a shrimp, when he was Masters Mr. Olympia. He looked awesome at 50.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »
what do you mean he's the picture of health. always wondered what his blood pressure was?

His chest in that pic had to be photoshopped. If not, we're looking at an easy 70" right there.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 06:47:25 AM »
Another guy who's life was saved?

Oh the irony on that one..lol

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 07:11:13 AM »
Most importantly he's not trying to walk around looking pro size or anything , that has a lot to do with it

Who's next to go?

Ruhl? Ronnie?

I think the irony will be Ruhl will last to be like 105 and always a monster

Next? Hm.... Hate to say it but it's Ronnie if he tries to stay huge post hip replacement

If he goes down to maybe 220 and lives a normal life for a 5"10" male (even a post BB) he can live a long prosperous life and be a dad  to his 9000 kids

But he's kinda half potato so we'll see

the trainer

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 07:44:57 AM »
Another guy who's life was saved.

This was a mass monster before his time, but remember this is an 80s bodybuilder drugs where not hardcore like the 90s so he would be ok.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 07:48:42 AM »
This was a mass monster before his time, but remember this is an 80s bodybuilder drugs where not hardcore like the 90s so he would be ok.

Tl; DR; fy

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »

Who's next to go?

Ruhl? Ronnie?

Gustavo Badell.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 07:56:36 AM »

He competed until 1993.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »
Vince Taylor is pushing 60. He seems to be fine. Dennis James is almost 50, as is Tony Freeman. They seem to be alive and well. And let's not forget Big Louie. He was at his biggest in his 40s, 315 lbs ripped.

Robby Robinson wasn't exactly a shrimp, when he was Masters Mr. Olympia. He looked awesome at 50.

Vince was big, but he was never huge, huge, and he never really developed the look a lot of the guys get. I'll give you Dennis James, Louie was huge, but he was also a good half a foot taller than the average, he also understood breaks, and got relatively small and lean afterward. Toney sort of is like Louie, he's taller and hasn't been playing the huge game for too long.

It isn't a perfect theory, but it's just what I've seen across all of the strength sports.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 10:20:12 AM »
I'm glad I got a load of injuries in my 20's that fucked up my competitive plans, id of half killed my self to try to get a top 3 finish at best, I know some of my sucessfull palls do bristle everytime one of the pros drop down dead early

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »
 :'(   been there done that. :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 12:44:56 PM »
:'(   been there done that. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jean Pierre? C'est toi?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 01:15:42 PM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
Jean Pierre? C'est toi?
tiens du français

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »
Another mass monster from the 90s. He had to retire from bbing after he blew up his kness on that squat accident  :-X but if he had continued he would probably be dead, or very sick.

Discuss

to put it simply, it was a blessing in disguise.... :D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 03:16:33 AM »
tiens du français

Je parle un petit peau mon amie.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:41 AM »
Gustavo Badell.

Forgot all about him

Would love to see how he and Bertil look nowadays or even guys like mike Francois

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:31 AM »

You sound like the guy who smokes and uses their 75 year old grand ma who smokes as an example of how the health risk is exaggerated. That's rationalization. There are no real studies involving bodybuilders using bodybuilding drugs that exists. All we have is empirical knowledge. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Robby is a freak. He claims he competed in a lot of minor contests while living in Florida before he knew what steroids were. When he moved to California he was introduced to steroids and he claims he only used them for a contest then trained natural. Robby competed at between 200 and 210 at 5'8" most of his career. I know for a few contests he was slightly higher.

Steroids are a risk to health. Will all suffer major health complications? No. Right now law suits are flying concerning ultra low dose testosterone replacement. Ultra low dose compared to what bodybuilders take. They found statistically a much greater incident of heart attack and stroke in older men taking HRT. I know some will argue till their blue in the face that these older men had pre existing heart trouble but they can't argue the clear increase in cardio vascular incidents.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 03:50:18 AM »
You sound like the guy who smokes and uses their 75 year old grand ma who smokes as an example of how the health risk is exaggerated. That's rationalization. There are no real studies involving bodybuilders using bodybuilding drugs that exists. All we have is empirical knowledge. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Robby is a freak. He claims he competed in a lot of minor contests while living in Florida before he knew what steroids were. When he moved to California he was introduced to steroids and he claims he only used them for a contest then trained natural. Robby competed at between 200 and 210 at 5'8" most of his career. I know for a few contests he was slightly higher.

Steroids are a risk to health. Will all suffer major health complications? No. Right now law suits are flying concerning ultra low dose testosterone replacement. Ultra low dose compared to what bodybuilders take. They found statistically a much greater incident of heart attack and stroke in older men taking HRT. I know some will argue till their blue in the face that these older men had pre existing heart trouble but they can't argue the clear increase in cardio vascular incidents.

u know what gets me also oldtimer is u look at some of these mass monsters from the 90,s and even mid 2000,s n some look like they never lifted a weight in their lives,then u look at guys like BILL GRANT and ROBBIE ROBINSON from the 70,s n They look awesome at almost 70, thats the difference from guys who truelly love the sport n guys who do it for other reasons
R