Author Topic: Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart  (Read 9539 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart
« on: August 17, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cops-shoot-and-kill-man-holding-toy-gun-walmart

A young man holding a toy rifle in a Wal-Mart was shot and killed on Tuesday by police in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek, Ohio, according to Raw Story. John Crawford, 22, was carrying a toy gun he picked up in the store, alarming two other shoppers.

LeeCee Johnson, the mother of Crawford’s children, told the Dayton Daily News she was on the phone with him while he was browsing in the store. “We was just talking,” she told the Ohio newspaper. “He said he was at the video games playing videos and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were. And the next thing I know, he said ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him. And I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

CBS reports that two other Wal-Mart customers, April and Ronald Ritchie, saw Crawford walking around the store with what appeared to be a gun and called the police. The police station reports that officers asked Crawford to put down the weapon, and opened fire when he did not comply. He later died of his gun shot wounds at a nearby hospital, where his death was ruled a homicide by the Montgomery County coroner’s office. A request for comment by msnbc to the Beavercreek police department was not immediately returned.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.” Family members could not be reached for comment by msnbc.

Tasha Thomas, who identified herself as Crawford’s girlfriend, told the Dayton Daily News that she drove Crawford to the Wal-Mart and was also in the store, but was in a different aisle from Crawford when the shooting happened. He was not armed when he entered the store, she said. “He did not have any type of gun on him. It’s not fair.”

A relative told the paper the family had contacted the NAACP and the National Action Network, a civil rights group led by MSNBC’s Rev. Al Sharpton.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cops-shoot-and-kill-man-holding-toy-gun-walmart

A young man holding a toy rifle in a Wal-Mart was shot and killed on Tuesday by police in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek, Ohio, according to Raw Story. John Crawford, 22, was carrying a toy gun he picked up in the store, alarming two other shoppers.

LeeCee Johnson, the mother of Crawford’s children, told the Dayton Daily News she was on the phone with him while he was browsing in the store. “We was just talking,” she told the Ohio newspaper. “He said he was at the video games playing videos and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were. And the next thing I know, he said ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him. And I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

CBS reports that two other Wal-Mart customers, April and Ronald Ritchie, saw Crawford walking around the store with what appeared to be a gun and called the police. The police station reports that officers asked Crawford to put down the weapon, and opened fire when he did not comply. He later died of his gun shot wounds at a nearby hospital, where his death was ruled a homicide by the Montgomery County coroner’s office. A request for comment by msnbc to the Beavercreek police department was not immediately returned.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.” Family members could not be reached for comment by msnbc.

Tasha Thomas, who identified herself as Crawford’s girlfriend, told the Dayton Daily News that she drove Crawford to the Wal-Mart and was also in the store, but was in a different aisle from Crawford when the shooting happened. He was not armed when he entered the store, she said. “He did not have any type of gun on him. It’s not fair.”

A relative told the paper the family had contacted the NAACP and the National Action Network, a civil rights group led by MSNBC’s Rev. Al Sharpton.
::)

Uh, thats not a toy.  Not only is it a weapon, it looks like an actual assault rifle.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Did Ron confirm this death?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 01:07:33 PM »
Beavercreek police officers Sean Williams and Sgt. David Darkow responded last Tuesday to a 911 call about a man waving a gun inside the Walmart at 3360 Pentagon Blvd. Police say Crawford, confronted inside the store, did not respond to officers’ demands that he drop the weapon. Crawford was shot in the torso and died. He was carrying an air rifle/pellet gun that he had picked off a shelf from inside the store.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/family-of-man-shot-at-walmart-wants-answers-survei/ngzT4/  

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 01:08:29 PM »

Waiting for confirmation and clarification.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »
I`m on the phone with Ron as I type this.......will update as to his verdict shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
Ronald Ritchie said Crawford "was just waving [the gun] at children and people...I couldn't hear anything that he was saying. I'm thinking that he is either going to rob the place or he's there to shoot somebody.

"He didn't really want to be looked at and when people did look at him, he was pointing the gun at them. He was pointing at people. Children walking by," Ronald Ritchie said.

The station reports that police arrived and told Crawford to put the weapon down. The Ritchies said two shots were fired, knocking the suspect backward. When Crawford reportedly tried to get up, he was tackled by an officer who then handcuffed him and turned him on his back.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/source-walmart-gunman-was-carrying-toy-rifle/

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »
lol very good.

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
Walmart stocks these and their own employees cant recognize them? If they're so concerned why not keep these " realistic looking" toys under lock and key so that a customer would have to ask an employee to retrieve one?  His family should be suing walmart.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 01:31:13 PM »
Walmart stocks these and their own employees cant recognize them? If they're so concerned why not keep these " realistic looking" toys under lock and key so that a customer would have to ask an employee to retrieve one?  His family should be suing walmart.
???

For what, pointing a realistic looking gun (which is a weapon) at customers, children and the cops and then refusing to drop it when ordered to do so?

At some point people have to take responsibility for their actions.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »

This.  How the fuck they let him walk around the store with an air gun or pellet rifle?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »
This.  How the fuck they let him walk around the store with an air gun or pellet rifle?
What genius thinks that is a good idea?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »

In NH, we have open carry. I see people walking around with guns on their hips at Walmart all the time. And nobody gets killed. It's like magic!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »
In NH, we have open carry. I see people walking around with guns on their hips at Walmart all the time. And nobody gets killed. It's like magic!

Yep. Should only if shot if pointed at someone in an aggressive manner.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »
I clicked the link but found this story more interesting. Now that is a getbigger, plain and simple.

http://www.thefix.com/content/oregon-man-does-meth-masturbates-and-resists-arrest?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=The%20Fix%20CPC
O

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
I clicked the link but found this story more interesting. Now that is a getbigger, plain and simple.

http://www.thefix.com/content/oregon-man-does-meth-masturbates-and-resists-arrest?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=The%20Fix%20CPC

Haha! That proud look in his booking photo is a classic. Getbigger for sure.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:56:43 PM »
Robin Williams, Michael Brown, Mike Matarazzo, and now this guy. It's been a rough fuckin week.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »

it does makes people a little itchy though.  A bunch of dudes with fanny packs and side holsters all eyeballing each other, waiting for one of them to make a move so they can stand their ground or be a hero.

I like concealed carry for 100% of the population.  I dislike 1-2 dudes carrying a gun around in the store,  making a spectacle of themeslves.

Oh, and this 22 year old "kid", totally justified shoot.  

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »
Robin Williams, Michael Brown, Mike Matarazzo, and now this guy. It's been a rough fuckin week.
Dont forget halos cat.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
Guy deserved it. I'm surprised they make these guns look nearly identical to the real thing. As a kid in the early 90's, I remember playing with toy guns and even they had orange tips to show that they weren't real. Why aren't these bb and pellet guns more closely regulated especially when there's even more dumb asses in this world than ever?

Dont forget halos cat.

PIP   :'(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »
Guy deserved it. I'm surprised they make these guns look nearly identical to the real thing. As a kid in the early 90's, I remember playing with toy guns and even they had orange tips to show that they weren't real. Why aren't these bb and pellet guns more closely regulated especially when there's even more dumb asses in this world than ever?
PIP   :'(

I'm pretty sure there would be conservative groups saying they dislike that level of govt regulation of toys.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »

PIP   :'(

I think they make the air rifles look like real guns because they pretty much are real guns and can kill.  :-X

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »
it does makes people a little itchy though.  A bunch of dudes with fanny packs and side holsters all eyeballing each other, waiting for one of them to make a move so they can stand their ground or be a hero.

But somehow that never happens here. Nobody "eyeballs" anybody. It's just the way it is.