Author Topic: Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart  (Read 9537 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 03:37:59 PM »
But somehow that never happens here. Nobody "eyeballs" anybody. It's just the way it is.

I have sat thru plenty of concealed weapons courses with friends over the years, along with my own.  There are always a few people in class saying "Can I shoot someone if..." and delivering many scenarios.  They don't think first about avoiding the situation, negotiating a retreat, etc.  They just want a permission slip to shoot people.

In FL, too many people are blood thirsty.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 03:39:11 PM »
Waiting for confirmation and clarification.

Where's his wikipedia page and I will edit it.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »
I have sat thru plenty of concealed weapons courses with friends over the years, along with my own.  There are always a few people in class saying "Can I shoot someone if..." and delivering many scenarios.  They don't think first about avoiding the situation, negotiating a retreat, etc.  They just want a permission slip to shoot people.

Took my test at the gun show in West Palm. You walk out of there wanting to carry just from the amount of semi-retarded morons in there taking and passing that easy ass test. You could never do open carry in FL. Too many minorities.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
Took my test at the gun show in West Palm. You walk out of there wanting to carry just from the amount of semi-retarded morons in there taking and passing that easy ass test. You could never do open carry in FL. Too many minorities.

yeah, it's like the average IQ in the room is 90 when getting a permit.  Always full of elderly and hillbillies.  And the instructors just don't emphasize "get out of danger" and instead emphasize "here are 8 scenarios where you can waste a dude".

everyone is just dying for a chance to stand their ground.  crazy dangerous.  No way would I open carry.  I could go for my buzzing cell phone and some redneck idiot in line who's been eyeballing me might shoot me... and say "He was reaching, I feared for my life", and he'd probably WALK in florida.  :(

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »
I have sat thru plenty of concealed weapons courses with friends over the years, along with my own.  There are always a few people in class saying "Can I shoot someone if..." and delivering many scenarios.  They don't think first about avoiding the situation, negotiating a retreat, etc.  They just want a permission slip to shoot people.

LOL, I used to teach that course in FL. Yeah, the folks in NH aren't like that.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »
I`m on the phone with Ron as I type this.......will update as to his verdict shortly.

Thanks for your patience.
Hahahaha! :D
Thank you for your cooperation.

the trainer

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
Did Ron confirm this death?

Ron just replied to my PM he is on the phone with the ohio attorney general office he will be making a statement shortly.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »
Betting the surveillance tapes somehow get lost or where not recording at the time of the incident.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »
???

For what, pointing a realistic looking gun (which is a weapon) at customers, children and the cops and then refusing to drop it when ordered to do so?

At some point people have to take responsibility for their actions.

Sorry Adonis...but this one's a bit shaky unlike Michael Brown's case.  If he's in a section near the toy guns, why would an officer not ask an employee whether he had a toy gun or not or why wouldn't customer report it to an employee.  Somewhere in communicating, this conclusion would have been more likely. 

In this case, I'm going to have to call it an unwise and hasty shoot

In this case....I consider it a very hasty shoot
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cops-shoot-and-kill-man-holding-toy-gun-walmart

A young man holding a toy rifle in a Wal-Mart was shot and killed on Tuesday by police in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek, Ohio, according to Raw Story. John Crawford, 22, was carrying a toy gun he picked up in the store, alarming two other shoppers.

LeeCee Johnson, the mother of Crawford’s children, told the Dayton Daily News she was on the phone with him while he was browsing in the store. “We was just talking,” she told the Ohio newspaper. “He said he was at the video games playing videos and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were. And the next thing I know, he said ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him. And I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

CBS reports that two other Wal-Mart customers, April and Ronald Ritchie, saw Crawford walking around the store with what appeared to be a gun and called the police. The police station reports that officers asked Crawford to put down the weapon, and opened fire when he did not comply. He later died of his gun shot wounds at a nearby hospital, where his death was ruled a homicide by the Montgomery County coroner’s office. A request for comment by msnbc to the Beavercreek police department was not immediately returned.

The Ohio Attorney General’s office has said that the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/Pellet rifle, also known as a “variable pump air rifle.” Family members could not be reached for comment by msnbc.

Tasha Thomas, who identified herself as Crawford’s girlfriend, told the Dayton Daily News that she drove Crawford to the Wal-Mart and was also in the store, but was in a different aisle from Crawford when the shooting happened. He was not armed when he entered the store, she said. “He did not have any type of gun on him. It’s not fair.”

A relative told the paper the family had contacted the NAACP and the National Action Network, a civil rights group led by MSNBC’s Rev. Al Sharpton.

Lol, he was wrappin on the phone with his baby mamma while his girl was a few isles over. We will miss this getbigger.

Also, to all of you calling it a toy, it was an air rifle, which is a weapon. Dude was pointing  it at people like a jackass, and while he didn't think he'd be shot over it, he was trying to make a spectacle and paid the ultimate price.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »

Lol, he was wrappin on the phone with his baby mamma while his girl was a few isles over. We will miss this getbigger.

Also, to all of you calling it a toy, it was an air rifle, which is a weapon. Dude was pointing  it at people like a jackass, and while he didn't think he'd be shot over it, he was trying to make a spectacle and paid the ultimate price.

Where did you read he was waiving it at people?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 05:52:12 PM »
Where did you read he was waiving it at people?

The CBS article.
Ronald Ritchie said Crawford "was just waving [the gun] at children and people...I couldn't hear anything that he was saying. I'm thinking that he is either going to rob the place or he's there to shoot somebody.

"He didn't really want to be looked at and when people did look at him, he was pointing the gun at them

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
The CBS article.
Ronald Ritchie said Crawford "was just waving [the gun] at children and people...I couldn't hear anything that he was saying. I'm thinking that he is either going to rob the place or he's there to shoot somebody.

"He didn't really want to be looked at and when people did look at him, he was pointing the gun at them

Thanks. Damn what an idiot.  ???

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 06:05:29 PM »
A guy here got busted a couple years back for waving a water pistol about in a betting shop. He covered orange on nozzle with black tape. If you are that stupid you deserve the consequences.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »
Ban Wal-marts? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:24 PM »
LOL, I used to teach that course in FL. Yeah, the folks in NH aren't like that.

oh that's awesome!  Did you frequently hear that in FL?  A bunch of obama-hating people with dental issues, curious about ten scenarios in which they could put 11 rounds into a human being?   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
curious about ten scenarios in which they could put 11 rounds into a human being?   

Sick... lol

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 08:35:17 PM »

Sorry Adonis...but this one's a bit shaky unlike Michael Brown's case.  If he's in a section near the toy guns, why would an officer not ask an employee whether he had a toy gun or not or why wouldn't customer report it to an employee.  Somewhere in communicating, this conclusion would have been more likely. 

In this case, I'm going to have to call it an unwise and hasty shoot

In this case....I consider it a very hasty shoot

Repetitively redundant, bro.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
yeah, it's like the average IQ in the room is 90 when getting a permit.  Always full of elderly and hillbillies.  And the instructors just don't emphasize "get out of danger" and instead emphasize "here are 8 scenarios where you can waste a dude".

everyone is just dying for a chance to stand their ground.  crazy dangerous.  No way would I open carry.  I could go for my buzzing cell phone and some redneck idiot in line who's been eyeballing me might shoot me... and say "He was reaching, I feared for my life", and he'd probably WALK in florida.  :(

Unlike here in the bay where the hypothetical class (lol) would contain an anti-gun actor with multiple felonies, a handful of gun grabbing politicians and millionaire anti gun campaigners and two of the sheriffs BFFs  :-\

The alternative to Cletus and Jethro having a CCW is a lot worse

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 03:15:07 AM »
Hahaha good. What a fucking idiot.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 03:17:14 AM »
If i'm walking around a supermarket, with my 4 year old and 18 month old children and wife, and some dickhead is walking around with an imitation rifle pointing it at people, as soon as the police come and shoot him I will be much happier.

If the gun was real or not after he died - I don't give a shit. Doesn't change how threatened I felt when he was waving it at my fucking kids.

What an absolute penis.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 03:22:56 AM »
oh that's awesome!  Did you frequently hear that in FL?  A bunch of obama-hating people with dental issues, curious about ten scenarios in which they could put 11 rounds into a human being?  

Not really, I used to teach private and semi-private courses. I did it as a "community service" and only charged the $12 for the NRA course materials. So, I got to pick and choose who I taught.

Did the same thing in MA when I lived there. Been too busy since moving to NH, but I still maintain my instructor's rating.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 06:19:03 AM »
cops got a split second sometimes to make a decision that can mean them going home n seeing their kids n wife or getting carried away in a bodybag to the morgue, its not like they have time to walk over there n look at the weapon n say oh ok,its only a BB GUN or whatever. when it comes down to u getting shot or them, trust me,its gonna b them if u can help it.
R

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »
cops got a split second sometimes to make a decision that can mean them going home n seeing their kids n wife or getting carried away in a bodybag to the morgue, its not like they have time to walk over there n look at the weapon n say oh ok,its only a BB GUN or whatever. when it comes down to u getting shot or them, trust me,its gonna b them if u can help it.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.  :-\

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 07:43:53 AM »
Can't fix stupid.