Author Topic: Cheapest bodybuilding foods? What you guys buy when on budget?  (Read 8757 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cheapest bodybuilding foods? What you guys buy when on budget?
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
date cougars.  become their cub.   let them feed you.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 09:56:57 PM »
For one thing...The whole protein thing is fucking completely out of control...I will say that. Protein is by far the most expensive macro.

IT ALL STEMS FROM THE FART POWDER ILLUMINATI! 10 SCOOPS A DAY!!!
  ::) ::)

I know guys who are 200+ lbs and LEAN who don't even get 1g/lb. When they tell me their diet it's maybe 100-150g of quality protein per day.

It all stems from this "bulking" mindset...If you are gaining more than 1-2lbs per month you're getting fat. That is 12-24lbs in a year. 120-240lbs of muscle in 10 years..get real. You're a fatass. No one needs to be eating to gain fucking 1lb per week...Jesus you will be obese in 1 year.

Getting big is about CALORIES...Not fucking 500g of protein a day. 100g of protein will be completely spared by 800g of carbs in a day...where as 100g of carbs won't spare 800g of protein. Some of those aminos WILL be converted to glucose, so why eat it? Carbs are metabolic jet fuel (t3, leptin, ghrelin, etc.) Protein is for repairing tissue etc...

You can easily eat 200g of protein 400g carbs and 100g fat a day for <$10. That is 3,300 cals a day. If you need more than that drink a couple extra glasses of milk.

I like this post. As much stupid crap I see on these boards, luckily, I don't think I see to much of the "ermehgawd MO PROTEIN" I see elsewhere. Be careful saying it's about calories though, that sets some people in to thinking "yeah a calorie is just a calorie". Oh god...that road of stupid. And then the IIFYM retardation... You almost never see top tier amateurs spouting off that nonsense, and certainly none of the pros.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »
For one thing...The whole protein thing is fucking completely out of control...I will say that. Protein is by far the most expensive macro.

IT ALL STEMS FROM THE FART POWDER ILLUMINATI! 10 SCOOPS A DAY!!!
  ::) ::)

I know guys who are 200+ lbs and LEAN who don't even get 1g/lb. When they tell me their diet it's maybe 100-150g of quality protein per day.

It all stems from this "bulking" mindset...If you are gaining more than 1-2lbs per month you're getting fat. That is 12-24lbs in a year. 120-240lbs of muscle in 10 years..get real. You're a fatass. No one needs to be eating to gain fucking 1lb per week...Jesus you will be obese in 1 year.

Getting big is about CALORIES...Not fucking 500g of protein a day. 100g of protein will be completely spared by 800g of carbs in a day...where as 100g of carbs won't spare 800g of protein. Some of those aminos WILL be converted to glucose, so why eat it? Carbs are metabolic jet fuel (t3, leptin, ghrelin, etc.) Protein is for repairing tissue etc...

You can easily eat 200g of protein 400g carbs and 100g fat a day for <$10. That is 3,300 cals a day. If you need more than that drink a couple extra glasses of milk.

When in doubt, start with 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and adjust as necessary.

As for being on a budget, I'm always on one. Shopping at military commissaries, you can get meat (beef, in particular) fairly cheap. Also, learning how to combine certain veggies and grains to make complete proteins will save you a bundle.

And, of course, getting protein powders on clearance sale doesn't hurt either.  ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »
Oats, eggs, chicken breast, frozen veges, tuna, rice

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 02:42:40 AM »
Cheap rice (as in, £0.40 per KG) just needs a bit more washing.

Whole eggs (30 for £2.50 in Aldi)

Skimmed milk powder shakes (eggs, Milk, Powder, Cheap hot chocolate mix).

Whole milk (£1 4 litres Aldi)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 03:19:28 AM »
I catch my own fish  :D
Occasionally I would exchange booze for wild goats/deer meat with farm friends .........
+ I would smuggle fruit from other states  ;D

Local cops love my "presents" ( ;D) in liquid form too ..............

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 03:38:58 AM »
grits/oatmeal/rice n tuna in water worked well was i was low on coin, i had a girl i was fucking that worked in vitamin shoppe back in the day n she,d give me loads of shit for free at the end of every month,protien bars,protien powders ect. she had away of covering it all so no one would miss it on inventory
R

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 03:41:25 AM »
Oats, eggs, chicken breast, frozen veges, tuna, rice

:D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 03:49:08 AM »

the chicken breast can get alittle costly on a budget but if u know where to shop u can get it fairly cheap, my dad used to go to a butcher freind of his n bring me back 40lb bags of chicken breast for 20 bucks :o,thats not bad at all imo
R

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 03:51:41 AM »
date cougars.  become their cub.   let them feed you.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 03:57:18 AM »

i had a chubby broad whos father owned a deli n in those yrs i never had to worry bout protien,shed bring me those big round butterball turkey breast thingys,loads of the leftover meatballs,chicken parm,tuna ect, everyone needs to have a chubby girl on the side, we used to smoke tons of weed n eat that great food,then i had to pay the piper n fuck her n she always wanted me to lick her snatch :'( but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do
R

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 04:00:32 AM »
the chicken breast can get alittle costly on a budget but if u know where to shop u can get it fairly cheap, my dad used to go to a butcher freind of his n bring me back 40lb bags of chicken breast for 20 bucks :o,thats not bad at all imo

Yeah, fish is def not cheap unless you're living in the right area, but this wasn't the reason why I was laughing  ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 04:01:53 AM »
i had a chubby broad whos father owned a deli n in those yrs i never had to worry bout protien,shed bring me those big round butterball turkey breast thingys,loads of the leftover meatballs,chicken parm,tuna ect, everyone needs to have a chubby girl on the side, we used to smoke tons of weed n eat that great food,then i had to pay the piper n fuck her n she always wanted me to lick her snatch :'( but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

So the old saying goes...

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 04:36:58 AM »

Hahaha classic

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »
Broke as fuck right now so im on a chicken, rice and beans diet.
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
Bodybuilding food can cost a lot of money, we basically eat way more food than we would if we were not training. In my case its like 4x more food. What you guys buy when you are on budget?

lentels , rice,tuna and bananas.
F

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 12:48:26 PM »
Cheap rice (as in, £0.40 per KG) just needs a bit more washing.

Whole eggs (30 for £2.50 in Aldi)

Skimmed milk powder shakes (eggs, Milk, Powder, Cheap hot chocolate mix).

Whole milk (£1 4 litres Aldi)

I've been buying alot of the frozen cod from aldi £2.79 I think, cottage cheese 64p a pot ( tasty as fuck ), tuna under £1 a tin..... Eggs from corner shop £2.30 for 30... Aldi is the best thing going fir bodybuilders on a budget

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 12:50:15 PM »
No idea of the cost as my personal shopper buys my food, personal chef cooks it and my personal money manager pays the bills.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »
frozen tillapia in bulk is really cheap

that w/ brown rice from one of the huge 10 lb bags was a staple of my nutrition in college

i literall'y would buy the big thing of baby spinach and at teh end of every meal shove two handfulls in my mouth (like junior does with cock) for my "greens"

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 12:52:49 PM »
I don't know. I've never been on a food budget.

What kind of budget are we talking about? Enough for bulk chicken breasts? Or do you have to settle for chicken asses?

8)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
lentels , rice,tuna and bananas.

I forgot all about lentils. Straight up wonder food. Go buy these now.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 01:27:58 PM »
Yeah i forgot about lentils.
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »
Yeah i forgot about lentils.
Yes, Streisand acted her socks off.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »
A

Simple Simon