Author Topic: Cheapest bodybuilding foods? What you guys buy when on budget?  (Read 8746 times)

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
Re: Cheapest bodybuilding foods? What you guys buy when on budget?
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »
Real question

No TA answer

How do you guys cook lentils to make them alright?

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 01:38:48 PM »
I usually eat your mom's pussy when I'm broke.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 01:43:27 PM »

I just had a thought.

'foods on a budget'?

like you can easily buy enough chicken breast to fulfill your protein requirements for an entire week for 40$. a 20lb bag of white potatoes is like 5-10$. a huge 20lb bag of jasmine rice which would easily last you a couple months is 15$.

how in THE FUCK can you not afford 50$ a week TO FEED YOURSELF?

do you not have a fucking job? if you can't afford 50$ to eat a week you'd best take a look at your life and make some serious adjustments cause your way behind the curve. the problem isn't not being able to afford good foods. that's the result of a bigger problem w your life.

lol Jesus Christ.
b

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 01:52:26 PM »
Real question

No TA answer

How do you guys cook lentils to make them alright?
I used to make a tomato based soup for lentils. Tomato paste, onions, garlic, chili powder(can get 2lbs from amazon), pepper flakes. Whatever you want to put in for flavor.
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:05 PM »
Try to live with 10 dollars for a week!

just kiddin, ofc I can buy good food for cheap in big packs, I have my connections, but still I like to explore some new cheap food ideas. Why spend more money on some food when you can get some stuff way cheaper and even better. I simply like to buy lot of stuff for as little as possible, always feel good. Dat dere Jew.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 01:56:13 PM »
I just had a thought.

'foods on a budget'?

like you can easily buy enough chicken breast to fulfill your protein requirements for an entire week for 40$. a 20lb bag of white potatoes is like 5-10$. a huge 20lb bag of jasmine rice which would easily last you a couple months is 15$.

do you not have a fucking job? if you can't afford 50$ to eat a week you'd best take a look at your life and make some serious adjustments cause your way behind the curve. the problem isn't not being able to afford good foods. that's the result of a bigger problem w your life.

lol Jesus Christ.

Sometimes shit hits the fan in your life with medical bills and or legal issues. Or the company you've worked for for 10 years decides to downsize or cut back your hours. I know youre single with no children but most people around here have families and stuff so its different than just feeding and looking out for yourself .
A

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »

just kiddin, ofc I can buy good food for cheap in big packs, I have my connections, but still I like to explore some new cheap food ideas. Why spend more money on some food when you can get some stuff way cheaper and even better. I simply like to buy lot of stuff for as little as possible, always feel good. Dat dere Jew.

I understand this.

b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
I just had a thought.

'foods on a budget'?

lol Jesus Christ.

Ebby body wan be a bodybuilduh, nobuddy wanna eat no boring-ass food.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »
Sometimes shit hits the fan in your life with medical bills and or legal issues. Or the company you've worked for for 10 years decides to downsize or cut back your hours. I know youre single with no children but most people around here have families and stuff so its different than just feeding and looking out for yourself .

dude. seriously. if you have kids and a family you have a responsibility to be able to afford their upkeep. or else you shouldn't be having kids and a family.

I wasn't born w a silver spoon in my mouth. my dad worked hard his whole life. when the prime rate went thru the roof in the 80's my folks were in pretty dire straits. id hear then talking at night when I was in bed. breaks my heart to this day. cause I know the sacrifices they made to make sure we all ate well. and provide me w the things I needed in life to succeed.

I understand short term bad times. I've seen them. but if your chronically unable to buy yourself wholesome good foods to feed yourself or your family then you need to look at the bigger picture cause the problem like I said isn't not being able to eat well- that's the result of a much bigger problem.  

bro if you chronically cannot afford $50 a week to eat, or a multiplier of that to feed your family well you need to sort your shit out.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »
dude. seriously. if you have kids and a family you have a responsibility to be able to afford their upkeep. or else you shouldn't be having kids and a family.

I wasn't born w a silver spoon in my mouth. my dad worked hard his whole life. when the prime rate went thru the roof in the 80's my folks were in pretty dire straits. id hear then talking at night when I was in bed. breaks my heart to this day. cause I know the sacrifices they made to make sure we all ate well. and provide me w the things I needed in life to succeed.

I understand short term bad times. I've seen them. but if your chronically unable to buy yourself wholesome good foods to feed yourself or your family then you need to look at the bigger picture cause the problem like I said isn't not being able to eat well- that's the result of a much bigger problem.  

bro if you chronically cannot afford $50 a week to eat, or a multiplier of that to feed your family well you need to sort your shit out.

Like cancel his broadband.   ;D

Please.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »

Yeah bro for me its a short term thing. A series of unfortunate events. Bad timing. Ill be alright.

But i try to have some sympathy for others who suffer long term.  
A

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »
Can be tight if you're relying on a student loan, don't want to risk going anabolic working a part-time job!

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2014, 02:18:29 PM »
Like cancel his broadband.   ;D

Please.

I actually live fairly frugal regardless of my financial situation. Im a simple guy. Even with food im a meat and potatoes type.

Oh and i don't even have cable. I need internet for my work tho.
A

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
Yeah bro for me its a short term thing. A series of unfortunate events. Bad timing. Ill be alright.

But i try to have some sympathy for others who suffer long term.  

I hope things work out for you and you get everything squared away.
b

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
Thanks man.
A

Pneumothorax

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 05:02:37 PM »
Fat free or low fat refried beans/black beans. $.80, 66.5 carb,24.5 protein, 0 fat, per can.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
frozen tillapia in bulk is really cheap

that w/ brown rice from one of the huge 10 lb bags was a staple of my nutrition in college

i literall'y would buy the big thing of baby spinach and at teh end of every meal shove two handfulls in my mouth (like junior does with cock) for my "greens"
Hahahahaha!

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2014, 06:16:08 AM »

High school student  ;D I was doing my best to get food in in high school on, sometimes, less than 10 bucks a week. Eggs eggs and more eggs. SO many eggs......

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2014, 07:07:19 AM »
I just had a thought.

'foods on a budget'?

lol Jesus Christ.

Good point...

However, lets say I was a med student, working a part time bar job (which I probably shouldn't be) trying to pay a good percentage of my tuition fees as I go along.

That leaves me (hypothetically speaking) maybe $20 a week to eat.

Add on top that this imaginary person might be on 500mg test a week, so that complicates things also.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2014, 07:11:35 AM »
I used to make a tomato based soup for lentils. Tomato paste, onions, garlic, chili powder(can get 2lbs from amazon), pepper flakes. Whatever you want to put in for flavor.

Thank you sounds good

I've been on a cooking spree lately

Clean as fuck diet

Almost paleo actually

Going to try this lentil concoction tonight wolfox  I have all the ingredients and am going to make a mushroom type of paste my girl is amazing at that literally tastes like beef (no homo; obligatory) to go w/ it

We cook as a team meaning as things simmer I get my cock sucked

Oh

And of course 4 chicken breasts stir fry Marinated then dipped in whole wheat flour

Then stir fried in a pan already sautéed in onions and sesame oil

NO HOMO

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:07 AM »
Nothing homo about being able to cook bro.

If that were the case, True Adonis would have died of aids by now

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »
Good point...

However, lets say I was a med student, working a part time bar job (which I probably shouldn't be) trying to pay a good percentage of my tuition fees as I go along.

That leaves me (hypothetically speaking) maybe $20 a week to eat.

Add on top that this imaginary person might be on 500mg test a week, so that complicates things also.

:D

hows the studies going bro? keep at it dude. good things ahead. nothing worth while comes without sacrifice.
b

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »
When I was ballin had fillet/sirloin steak and chicken fillets. Now I take round steak mostly and roast whole chickens. Steak is €9.99/kg (grass fed organic - all butcher beef here is) and chicken is probably raped by farmer in a cage cos it costs €7 for 2.2kg. Also get Iberian parma ham for €1.89 per 100g from local coffee shop.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Pah! The idea of a getbigger having to budget for food is laughable!