Author Topic: DOJ (Eric Holder) urged Ferguson Police not to release Brown robbery tape  (Read 4956 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
What difference does it make if he was an angel or not?

What matters is whether or not Wilson had just cause to shot him.

I would disagree.  If the cop knew this guy to be violent, it would contribute to whether or not he needed to use the force used.

Not sure releasing the tape was smart though.  I don't know if everyone is just taking it for gospel that it is Brown on the tape, or if that's been conclusively established.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Have they confirmed the guy on tape was Brown?
his families lawyer has said it was...his accomplice in the robbery who is they guy that said brown was on his knees with his hands in the air when they officer shot him at close range said it was them....

although the autoposy showed that there was no powerd residue on brown, that he was not shot in the back and that apparently his hands were not raised when he was shot all of which his accomplice has said he was an eye witness to.

So who knows if he is credible or not ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V

completely agree, my post was to point out the stupidity in malberts post.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

good point there.

and wilson's statement cannot "evolve" and still be considered credible.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
There was some claim that he was attempting to go for the officer's weapon.  I remember hearing that before the video was leaked.  Not sure if it is true or not, but if were... well when you try to seize a police officer's gun, well....  things just aren't going to go very well for either of you afterwards.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

I disagree.  I think it was the right move to release the tape.  Those in the media advocating on behalf of Brown were attempting to poison the well of public perception by creating a false narrative.  The video squashed that.  As for the rioters, they are going to loot no matter what.  This isn't about justice for them, its about stealing.  They don't care what really happened. They aren't looking for a reason but an excuse.

I agree.  It doesn't justify an improper shooting, but it's all part of the story, just like the contention that he was a "gentle giant," and the pictures of him in his graduation gown.