Author Topic: have you ever been best man  (Read 2215 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: have you ever been best man
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 05:08:23 AM »
I'm in the exact same boat. Other than my parents and brother, I know about 10 people I'd invite and I doubt they'd all show up haha. My gf on the other hand has a huge family who all live across North America, mostly Canada.
So once the day comes I'll personally know about 15 people and the other 100 will be complete strangers to me.

You think that's a frightening prosepct?  Wait until you've been married about 20 years and find that the woman you married has also become a complete stranger to you.
~

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:59 AM »
Yes... I've done my best to convince men not to get married.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 05:17:08 AM »
I've been best-man three times.  Open with a joke.   Say a few nice things about the groom, maybe tell a story about your friendship.   Talk about when he met the woman hes marrying.  Wish them luck.   Disperse jokes throughout the speech, the number is at the discretion of the person.
A

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 06:14:28 AM »
You think that's a frightening prosepct?  Wait until you've been married about 20 years and find that the woman you married has also become a complete stranger to you.

Damn... that's depressing.
Also, I'm not afraid that most of my wedding attenders will be strangers (to me), just saying how if you have a small family and a tight-knit group of friends its hard to fill up an auditorium with people you know.

Oh and this is all obviously hypothetical, I'm not even engaged to my current gf, just saying that IF we were to get married that would be the case.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 06:17:53 AM »
Non off my friends havemarrage, they are all over 35 now...I cant be friend with normal people, just cant....they are to regular in their brain, boring fuckers!

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »
ive never been best on anything

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
Yes, I have.  And I knew full well in advance that my buddies Wife had a lot of attractive friends in attendance.  I wrote a best man speech that was guaranteed to get the girls laughing their ass off, and it worked.  I had lots of people coming up to me after my speech saying it was hilarious.  One of them being the woman who is now my girlfriend, whom I've been with a long time.   Make a woman laugh, and your desirability factor goes up big time.  Weddings are a perfect opportunity to hook up if you make yourself stand out.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
i dont want to make women laugh.

im not a clown.

how about women make themselves laugh? is that asking too much of a woman?are we men here for their amusement?

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
i dont want to make women laugh.

im not a clown.

how about women make themselves laugh? is that asking too much of a woman?are we men here for their amusement?

you actually are a clown

i'm on to you. ALL of your posts suck.

and your signature reeks of gay

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
you actually are a clown

i'm on to you. ALL of your posts suck.

and your signature reeks of gay

there is no fooling you