Author Topic: Official Baltimore Ravens 2014 thread.  (Read 98960 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Official Baltimore Ravens 2014 thread.
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »
All is set up for the path to the AFCCG with the Pats I predicted in August.
::) Your Ravens aren't nearly as good as in years past.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
::) Your Ravens aren't nearly as good as in years past.

Can't argue that. But the Ravens have a spot in the dance. That's all you can ask for. And ANYTHING can happen.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »
Big game next week Earl.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2014, 07:45:41 AM »
All is set up for the path to the AFCCG with the Pats I predicted in August.

Then NE does a waltz to the Super Bowl.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
S
T
E
E
L
E
R
S....BIG BEN WHAT A YEAR,,THERE SECONDARY ALL PICKUPS/CUTS ARE BRINGING IT..BELL RUNNING/RECIEVING ALL IS IN PLACE...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »
Running is not in place unless Bell isn't hurt.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »
Running is not in place unless Bell isn't hurt.
that was a good shot he took...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2014, 12:29:34 PM »
so it come down to this, a rubber match with the ravens

i look forward to it, bell wasn't a factor at all in the last beatdown the steelers gave them

steelers have improved immensely as the season has gone on, the pass defense is still bad but they have improved now that ike is on the bench, hate to say it but i think troy is washed up and they might be better without him too

E
E

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2014, 04:30:52 PM »
so it come down to this, a rubber match with the ravens

i look forward to it, bell wasn't a factor at all in the last beatdown the steelers gave them

steelers have improved immensely as the season has gone on, the pass defense is still bad but they have improved now that ike is on the bench, hate to say it but i think troy is washed up and they might be better without him too

E

1. Nice try at under selling the importance of Bell if he's not able to play Saturday night. He's a HUGE reason Ben put up career passing numbers this season. He forces defenses to draw single coverage against the wideouts, which allowed Brown to catch a ton of passes this year. Secondly, Bell is an excellent chip blocker against outside speed rushers out of the 3-4 alignment. You guys will be starting an undrafted free agent(who can't block for shit) at RB if Bell can't go. I don't even think the guy went to college. Not having Lagarette Blount anymore is a big loss in depth. He's a proven veteran and now the Pat's go-to RB for the playoffs.

2. The Steelers blowout of the Ravens was almost 2 months ago. The Steelers went 1-2 the remainder of the month against three awful teams. Time to stop living in the past and move on. This is the playoffs. Whole new ballgame.

3. Baltimore has win in Pittsburgh already this year. They did it once and it could happen again if Flacco gets hot.

That being said, Steelers have homefield advantage and the Ravens haven't shown they can win at Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Maybe this is the year that changes. Anything can happen. Just makes me crazy that everytime the Ravens and Steelers meet in the playoffs it's always been at Pittsburgh.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
1. Nice try at under selling the importance of Bell if he's not able to play Saturday night. He's a HUGE reason Ben put up career passing numbers this season. He forces defenses to draw single coverage against the wideouts, which allowed Brown to catch a ton of passes this year. Secondly, Bell is an excellent chip blocker against outside speed rushers out of the 3-4 alignment. You guys will be starting an undrafted free agent(who can't block for shit) at RB if Bell can't go. I don't even think the guy went to college. Not having Lagarette Blount anymore is a big loss in depth. He's a proven veteran and now the Pat's go-to RB for the playoffs.

2. The Steelers blowout of the Ravens was almost 2 months ago. The Steelers went 1-2 the remainder of the month against three awful teams. Time to stop living in the past and move on. This is the playoffs. Whole new ballgame.

3. Baltimore has win in Pittsburgh already this year. They did it once and it could happen again if Flacco gets hot.

That being said, Steelers have homefield advantage and the Ravens haven't shown they can win at Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Maybe this is the year that changes. Anything can happen. Just makes me crazy that everytime the Ravens and Steelers meet in the playoffs it's always been at Pittsburgh.

i think the steelers will be fine without his 20 rushing yards, and with ngata coming back there wasn't going to be much of a running game anyways, i expect ben to throw 50 times on that weak secondary

blount sucked in pittsburgh, no loss

the ravens lost to the texans with a backup qb just two weeks ago, is that recent enough for you?  the steelers play to their competition, in other words they play the bad teams bad and the good teams good, in the playoffs all you play is good teams and they won't need motivation against their most hated rival

the ravens did not win in pittsburgh this year

they always have the playoffs in pittsburgh because they tend to be the better team

E
E

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
i think the steelers will be fine without his 20 rushing yards, and with ngata coming back there wasn't going to be much of a running game anyways, i expect ben to throw 50 times on that weak secondary

the ravens lost to the texans with a backup qb just two weeks ago, is that recent enough for you?  the steelers play to their competition, in other words they play the bad teams bad and the good teams good, in the playoffs all you play is good teams and they won't need motivation against their most hated rival

they always have the playoffs in pittsburgh because they tend to be the better team

E

I stand corrected on the Ravens winning in Pittsburgh. Yeah, the Steelers tend to be the better team which allows them to play their matchups with the Ravens at home for the playoffs.

There is supposed to be a 100% chance of rain for the game. That might hurt both teams' passing games but Pittsburgh more so if Bell is unable to play. I can't wait. Every Ravens/Steelers playoff matchup tends to be a very good game. I hope Ngata is ready to dominate and I hope the 19 sack combo of Dumervill/Suggs is ready to hunt!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »
I stand corrected on the Ravens winning in Pittsburgh. Yeah, the Steelers tend to be the better team which allows them to play their matchups with the Ravens at home for the playoffs.

There is supposed to be a 100% chance of rain for the game. That might hurt both teams' passing games but Pittsburgh more so if Bell is unable to play. I can't wait. Every Ravens/Steelers playoff matchup tends to be a very good game. I hope Ngata is ready to dominate and I hope the 19 sack combo of Dumervill/Suggs is ready to hunt!

They had 29 sacks. Still, I am cautiously optimistic about this game. I don't expect the Ravens to win, but it won't shock me if they do.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
You bitches better get ready for that Patriot ass whoopin next week.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
complete domination by the Ravens' pass rush!! Suggs dominated as usual against the Steelers! Bring on the Pats!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2015, 06:15:57 AM »
You bitches better get ready for that Patriot ass whoopin next week.

:D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2015, 07:24:57 AM »
The pass rush needs to do the same thing to have any chance next week.
Y

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:42 AM »

the ravens lost to the texans with a backup qb just two weeks ago, is that recent enough for you?  the steelers play to their competition, in other words they play the bad teams bad and the good teams good, in the playoffs all you play is good teams and they won't need motivation against their most hated rival

E

;D

Flacco is 10-4 in the playoffs. The guy just gets it done. Seven wins on the road in the playoffs. SEVEN.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2015, 11:55:05 AM »
;D

Flacco is 10-4 in the playoffs. The guy just gets it done. Seven wins on the road in the playoffs. SEVEN.

why are you smiling about that?  you said they won in pittsburgh this season BEFORE LAST NIGHTS game and i pointed out you were wrong, winning last night doesn't make you right

the RAVENS are 10 - 4 in the playoffs with flacco at qb, that was a defensive win so don't give him all the credit

ben playing like shit had more to do with it than flacco playing decent

i'm not complaining about the refs, even though you guys would if it was the other way around

E
E

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2015, 12:15:23 PM »
why are you smiling about that?  you said they won in pittsburgh this season BEFORE LAST NIGHTS game and i pointed out you were wrong, winning last night doesn't make you right

the RAVENS are 10 - 4 in the playoffs with flacco at qb, that was a defensive win so don't give him all the credit

ben playing like shit had more to do with it than flacco playing decent

i'm not complaining about the refs, even though you guys would if it was the other way around

E

I know, it just think it's funny that you took the time to explain that.

Flacco played efficient. Two TD passes, no picks. But yes...the front seven of the Ravens made life hell for Ben.

Question...when Ben got knocked out of the game because of the concussion protocol, do you think they should have let the backup finish the drive they were on? I do.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
i think ben should've sat out, you don't go from woozy and dazed to being ready to compete in an nfl game within 2 minutes

gradkowski looked sharp and the game was already over, it was a stupid move that just added more salt on the wounds

where the hell is guts?

E
E

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
i think ben should've sat out, you don't go from woozy and dazed to being ready to compete in an nfl game within 2 minutes

gradkowski looked sharp and the game was already over, it was a stupid move that just added more salt on the wounds

where the hell is guts?

E

That's me. I'm GUTS...I just changed my handle. Got sick at looking at it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2015, 02:02:25 PM »
That's me. I'm GUTS...I just changed my handle. Got sick at looking at it.

wtf your old handle is better than this one

i hope to give you a "nevermore" 2 weeks from now, hopefully they knock off the pats next week

oh yeah one more thing, FUCK YOU

E
E

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
wtf your old handle is better than this one

i hope to give you a "nevermore" 2 weeks from now, hopefully they knock off the pats next week

oh yeah one more thing, FUCK YOU

E

LOL...feels good to be on this side of the win column for once.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »
guts was a better name.
Y

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »
guts was a better name.

I'm beginning to think so too