Author Topic: Black man telling it like it is. At the same time slapping snot out of black  (Read 13394 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Don't you think the police have a real fear of the people as well and good reason for their fear and apprehension?  It's a two way street.

read that to yourself again slowly bro....

Police have a real fear of "The People"..............in general............as a whole............that they are supposed to protect.

Can you see the issue with that?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

read that to yourself again slowly bro....

Police have a real fear of "The People"..............in general............as a whole............that they are supposed to protect.

Can you see the issue with that?

It's common sense.  If you are in a high crime area you're going to be on higher alert. 
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
It's common sense.  If you are in a high crime area you're going to be on higher alert. 

High alert and Fear, they are not equals.

thats common sense

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
High alert and Fear, they are not equals.

thats common sense

Fear of ones safety puts one on high alert.  Why don't the officers and the community engage in an honest dialogue?  Not a monologue where the community spends the entire time vilifying the police but a dialogue where both sides acknowledge they both have problems and find a reasonable solution.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Fear of ones safety puts one on high alert.  Why don't the officers and the community engage in an honest dialogue?  Not a monologue where the community spends the entire time vilifying the police but a dialogue where both sides acknowledge they both have problems and find a reasonable solution.

We all know the answer to that

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
We all know the answer to that

My point is that both sides need to start looking at each other as people not just cops and thugs.  The community must understand that officers see some real shit night after night and overtime their tolerance goes down.  The police have to realize that not all blacks are thugs.
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV

What sort of dialogue?   Who would represent both sides? 

Probably feasible to have worthwhile representatives of the Police but what about for the community? 

Seems like it'd be pretty difficult since "the community" is not a club or organization with a defined hierarchy. 

So, no matter what some designated reps for the community would say, the actual people in the street are going to do what they're going to do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
My point is that both sides need to start looking at each other as people not just cops and thugs.  The community must understand that officers see some real shit night after night and overtime their tolerance goes down.  The police have to realize that not all blacks are thugs.

Da Community is so far down the rabbit hole into oblivion its just easier to police and detain the thugs.  Anytime anyone speaks even a remote semblance of truth to these fools - you get called racist.  FUCK THEM ALL.

This is why no one gives a shit any more.  Al Sharpton lecturing people on race/  really?  Oh fuck that and fuck those idiots like Obama holder et al w their bs. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
        Fear (as you stated)  being the initial feeling towards the people they are ordered to protect will result in rash, rushed and predetermined actions in a situation, that couldve have had a different outcome had cooler heads prevailed.
       As far as dialoge? Until there is a mutual trust from both sides, talks between the sides wont have productive talks....but listen to how we talk about it..."the two sides" ...the Us vs Them ....Its warrented because throughout these communities histories, the police (ones held to a higher standard and paid to uphold the law and protect) have often worked opposite to their duties to the detriment of the same people they are sworn to protect. Alot of these sentiments towards are from baby boomers that are still old enough to remember water cannons and german shepherds

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

Probably feasible to have worthwhile representatives of the Police but what about for the community? 

Seems like it'd be pretty difficult since "the community" is not a club or organization with a defined hierarchy. 

So, no matter what some designated reps for the community would say, the actual people in the street are going to do what they're going to do.

What can be done?  My suggestion is an attempt at a finding a solution where both sides can air their concerns and grievances.
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Im trying to be the voice of reason and speak from the POV of someone that lived in it for most of my life.

In many innercities, the police have earned their distrust because of a myriad of reasons.

Now, im opposed to sharpton and the other baiters and have been extremely outspoken about them.
But the view of the innercity that you have and its structre is different from the actual thing. Ill just chalk it up to you not being a part of it and seeing it first hand.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
        Fear (as you stated)  being the initial feeling towards the people they are ordered to protect will result in rash, rushed and predetermined actions in a situation, that couldve have had a different outcome had cooler heads prevailed.
       As far as dialoge? Until there is a mutual trust from both sides, talks between the sides wont have productive talks....but listen to how we talk about it..."the two sides" ...the Us vs Them ....Its warrented because throughout these communities histories, the police (ones held to a higher standard and paid to uphold the law and protect) have often worked opposite to their duties to the detriment of the same people they are sworn to protect. Alot of these sentiments towards are from baby boomers that are still old enough to remember water cannons and german shepherds

There must be trust built but the responsibility for building that trust isn't the sole responsible of the police.  You're  dismissing the position of law enforcement to quickly.   One solution is to only have black police officers serve black communities and white officers serve white communities but I honestly don't think that would improve condition very much.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

LOL - I am not a baby boomer and the idea of looting and stealing in response to a police situation never dawns on me.  Why is it that not the case in Da hood where thuggies be stealing 40's and TV's?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Im trying to be the voice of reason and speak from the POV of someone that lived in it for most of my life.

In many innercities, the police have earned their distrust because of a myriad of reasons.

Now, im opposed to sharpton and the other baiters and have been extremely outspoken about them.
But the view of the innercity that you have and its structre is different from the actual thing. Ill just chalk it up to you not being a part of it and seeing it first hand.

I grew up in the inner city and my brother become an officer in that very community.   Police officers do use inappropriate levels of force.  I don't think anyone can argue they don't but many of these officers have seen and heard horrible things and over time they lose tolerance for it.  It's not easy keeping the peace in the inner city.
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
There must be trust built but the responsibility for building that trust isn't the sole responsible of the police.  You're  dismissing the position of law enforcement to quickly.   One solution is to only have black police officers serve black communities and white officers serve white communities but I honestly don't think that would improve condition very much.

i think more real accountability is the start. Its not about "black cops and white cops" There are really good white cops and bad black cops and vice versa. But there just needs to be more GOOD COPS and top down accountability. Like cops actually being held to the same standards they hold the community they patrol. When 6 officers (of all races) beat to death a homeless man on camera, and get off scott free, its instills distrust of police and the system as a whole

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

i didnt see this post earlier,,,but i totally agree

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
i think more real accountability is the start. Its not about "black cops and white cops" There are really good white cops and bad black cops and vice versa. But there just needs to be more GOOD COPS and top down accountability. Like cops actually being held to the same standards they hold the community they patrol. When 6 officers (of all races) beat to death a homeless man on camera, and get off scott free, its instills distrust of police and the system as a whole

A viable solution.  I'll be real forthcoming and give an honest opinion.  I think the criteria by which police officers are chosen has a lot to do with it.  Police work attracts a lot of authoritarian types, of all races.  Many of them have a military background and that can effect the way they see the world and in turn how they behave towards others.  One of my first suggestions would be not to measure previous military experience to heavily in hiring police officers.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

How about less thugs and better citizens?  :D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
A viable solution.  I'll be real forthcoming and give an honest opinion.  I think the criteria by which police officers are chosen has a lot to do with it.  Police work attracts a lot of authoritarian types, of all races.  Many of them have a military background and that can effect the way they see the world and in turn how they behave towards others.  One of my first suggestions would be not to measure previous military experience to heavily in hiring police officers.

lol this was actually what i was going to say. Police selection, their extreme responsibility, and training could improve.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
lol this was actually what i was going to say. Police selection, their extreme responsibility, and training could improve.

I also believe it does come down to training and selection.   It is also my opinion that being in extreme and unpredictable situations can heighten their need for control.  More mental services should be made available for police officers to manage job stress
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV

No, you're right.  I grew up in Alameda, CA just over the bridge from Oaktown but not close enough to really know what's going on.  (I'm assuming that watching all 5 seasons of The Wire isn't enough either, lol.)

To be more clear about what I was getting at with my earlier post, my fairly uninformed opinion is that folks who live the inner city life should be heard but I don't think that there's any way to have a representative of that side commit to any course of action.

On the police side, sure, it IS feasible to have them agree to a course of corrective action.  (Although getting all people down to the street level to adopt new guidelines or the like would probably be very difficult for many departments.)

Police do have a kind of shitty job not least of which is because they have to be around depressing shit a lot, I think.  Not sure how you'd alleviate that aspect, though.  Maybe rotate them in and out of the shittiest parts of the city to work?  I don't really know.

I do agree with some others that accountability and closer supervision in the form of body cameras sounds like a promising way to get improved performance from police.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Not a bad point. But between the two, the  responsibility to treat the other in a professional manner falls on the police. A citizen can run their mouth  off all day long at an officer, doesn't mean it's right, but the officer should never return the favor. Having said that, until the community addresses their issues while asking the police to address theirs, the us against them mentality of both sides will likely not go away anytime soon, which is sad. the majority of both sides want the same thing. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
dude my mom grew up in a time when just about all of america was anti-japanese and I dont have any issues dealing with authority or anyone else.

Sooner or later people need to grow the fuck up and realize that no matter what happended 100, 50, 20, 10 years ago it doesnt justify your bad behavior.

The cops should not be held any any higher standard than citizens in the way they interact with one another. One persons bad actions doesnt justify your bad actions. This should go both ways and the cops need to abide by it as well.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

The cops should not be held any any higher standard than citizens in the way they interact with one another. One persons bad actions doesnt justify your bad actions. This should go both ways and the cops need to abide by it as well.

Of course police should be held to a higher standard. They are authority figures and representatives of the law whose job is to serve, protect and maintain the peace. Any authority figure is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Of course police should be held to a higher standard. They are authority figures and representatives of the law whose job is to serve, protect and maintain the peace. Any authority figure is supposed to be held to a higher standard.

Until da community honestly deals w its dysfunctions and bullshit - nothing will improve.   Same bs for generations