Author Topic: The Reason Why Not Having Stress is Fundamental to Dieting Success.  (Read 3689 times)

Uncle Junior

Don't give a monkey fuck what any one says. These are the facts. I speak from personal experience.

Stress is the number 1 reason for dietary failures, especially low carb diets.

Yes if you are a personal trainer or if you have a job that's not mentally as stressful then dieting is not gonna be a huge problem for you.

Even if you do manual labor that's fine you can still eat good cos you are out and about and not getting mind fucked mentally all the time.

If you are under constant pressure mentally, like a stock broker, gambler, investor, drug dealer, saleman or business man and have to make a whole bunch decisions every 2 minutes, people piss you off every 5 seconds, you are always stressed as fuck and NEED sugar...you have NO CHOICE but to have it.

It's impossible to diet under huge mental stress ....especially low carb diets .....just forget about it....it's a myth.

If you say you can do it it's because you never experience that level of mental stress I am talking about. Simple fact of life stated well.

High mental stress is number on reason for dietary failures of low carb diets.

A case in example

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: The Reason Why Not Having Stress is Fundamental to Dieting Success.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:05 AM »
Stress is a personal thing.

It's only affects you to the extent that you let it. Some people can switch off, some can't.

When things stack up - just put them in order and attack them one thing at a time. You can do more than that. Stressing never helps you get through stuff faster.

Meditation, mindfulness, exercise - lot's of different things you can do to either combat stress or not let it in, in the first place.

Chocolate is a good short term cure though...

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:53 AM »
You never 'have' to eat sugar, unless you are having a hypo as a diabetic.

Your lack of self control is sickening to the core of my being.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:05 AM »
Don't give a monkey fuck what any one says. These are the facts. I speak from personal experience.

Yes if you are a personal trainer or if you have a job that's not mentally as stressful then dieting is not gonna be a huge problem for you.

Even if you do manual labor that's fine you can still eat good cos you are out and about and not getting mind fucked mentally all the time.

If you are under constant pressure mentally, like a stock broker, gambler, investor drug dealer, saleman or business man and have to make a whole bunch decisions every 2 minutes, people piss you off every 5 seconds, you are always stressed as fuck and NEED sugar...you have NO CHOICE but to have it.

It's impossible to diet under huge mental stress ....especially low carb diets .....just forget about it....it's a myth.

If you say you can do it it's because you never experience that level of mental stress I am talking about. Simple fact of life stated well.

A case in example

Now I'm hungry...well played

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »

If you are under constant pressure mentally, like a stock broker, gambler, investor, drug dealer, saleman or business man and have to make a whole bunch decisions every 2 minutes, people piss you off every 5 seconds, you are always stressed as fuck and NEED sugar...you have NO CHOICE but to have it.

A case in example

Guess you need to buy some stress balls.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:17:56 AM »
Short of physical trauma, stress is the single most devastating thing on the human body..it affects EVERYTHING negatively

Uncle Junior

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:21:21 AM »
Stress is a personal thing.

It's only affects you to the extent that you let it. Some people can switch off, some can't.

When things stack up - just put them in order and attack them one thing at a time. You can do more than that. Stressing never helps you get through stuff faster.

Meditation, mindfulness, exercise - lot's of different things you can do to either combat stress or not let it in, in the first place.

Chocolate is a good short term cure though...

^ Exactly this, I am up from about 7.00am each morning and I don't sleep till about 4.00am in the morning, total insomniac ....by the end of the day my mind is just fucking racing.....never can switch off.

Only way I know how to switch off is to drink, do bit of gear hear or there (though i've knocked that on the head lately) and fuck whores.

People think I am joking, but I am not, that's how it fucking is.

Peace

Uncle Junior

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 08:23:51 AM »
You never 'have' to eat sugar, unless you are having a hypo as a diabetic.

Your lack of self control is sickening to the core of my being.

Bollox, let's see how much sugar you eat when you get stuck in them books and when your exams come up in medical school.
You wouldn't fucking last 5 minutes mate without it, I'll ask you again then.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:36 AM »
Short of physical trauma, stress is the single most devastating thing on the human body..it affects EVERYTHING negatively

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 08:32:49 AM »

^ Exactly this, I am up from about 7.00am each morning and I don't sleep till about 4.00am in the morning, total insomniac ....by the end of the day my mind is just fucking racing.....never can switch off.

Only way I know how to switch off is to drink, do bit of gear hear or there (though i've knocked that on the head lately) and fuck whores.

People think I am joking, but I am not, that's how it fucking is.

Peace

At a guess - you probably also have trouble doing just one thing at a time. So you might be writing an email to someone, editing a word document, doing the crossword, texting someone and surfing for a place to go for dinner all at the same time.

In a way, life effectively passes you by when you do this.

There are mindfulness techniques that would help - but most of the books on mindfulness are hocus.

One of them is to bring yourself right to this moment and just be there. So - next time you go for a coffee. Sit in the coffee shop. Take a minute to think how comfortable (or not) the chair you are sitting on is. Take time to feel all the sensations in the shop - the sounds, the smells, the sights. Have a look at the people around you.  Instead of whirling shit around your head, for once - actually just be there.

Taste your coffee - but really taste it how it feels in your mouth - how it feels going down blah blah blah. You get the idea.

It's not so much a method to take your mind of the other stuff - but really a method to just bring yourself into the here & now and just 'be' for a while. Time slows down a ton when you do this and it is a pleasant way to de-stress.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 08:39:38 AM »
Stress = lack of self discipline?  :-\

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 09:06:08 AM »
brutal excuses to bail on diet after 1 week.

pussy

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »
brutal excuses to bail on diet after 1 week.

pussy

bail?

A calorie is just a calorie, right?

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 09:21:51 AM »
Any kind if stress releases cortisol into the blood... bad for dieting, training etc....
i

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:11 AM »
bail?

I don't subscribe to that

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 09:53:26 AM »
I don't subscribe to that

Mr TA will have a word with you soon enough.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
bail?

;D

I see what you did there.
Mwah
x0x0

Uncle Junior

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »
At a guess - you probably also have trouble doing just one thing at a time. So you might be writing an email to someone, editing a word document, doing the crossword, texting someone and surfing for a place to go for dinner all at the same time.

In a way, life effectively passes you by when you do this.

There are mindfulness techniques that would help - but most of the books on mindfulness are hocus.

One of them is to bring yourself right to this moment and just be there. So - next time you go for a coffee. Sit in the coffee shop. Take a minute to think how comfortable (or not) the chair you are sitting on is. Take time to feel all the sensations in the shop - the sounds, the smells, the sights. Have a look at the people around you.  Instead of whirling shit around your head, for once - actually just be there.

Taste your coffee - but really taste it how it feels in your mouth - how it feels going down blah blah blah. You get the idea.

It's not so much a method to take your mind of the other stuff - but really a method to just bring yourself into the here & now and just 'be' for a while. Time slows down a ton when you do this and it is a pleasant way to de-stress.

Spot on with the multi-tasking analysis, I literally do 7 things on the net at once, I am pretty good at it too. My mind is pretty sharp like that from all the hours of practice from online pokers, I used to play 16 tables at once sometimes....the brain power it takes is fucking phenomenally draining but whats more draining is the emotional rollacoaster. People here think I am bi-polar cos I melt like fuck sometimes or am just super happy etc, what they don't see is whats going on my computer screen, my mood over the years has become entirely dependent on results. If I am winning I am king of the world, if I am losing everyone can go fuck off.
Really not a nice person to be around when I am losing....lol

Some of my friends are into doing meditation and yoga and stuff like that, personally don't think it suits my character but will try anything for the hell of it. Prefer sitting in steam bath with a double vodka redbull getting a blowie....my kind of meditation  ;D

On a serious side I love traveling, I love the spirituality of some places in the world, really rejuvenates me sometimes just to be in a different environment than in from of a computer screen all day all night.

Half the weird shit I do on here is for stress relief and to not make me go bonkers.
I should quit this shit but I make too much money from it so can't
I am definitely heart attack dead pool candidate by 45 not cos of drugs and shit but cos of fucking stress.

This used to be sooooo me, still is a bit from time to time....lmao  ;D