Author Topic: Thought i should comment on the ALS hysteria nonsense  (Read 1307 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Thought i should comment on the ALS hysteria nonsense
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:32:17 AM »
straight from the ALS website

"While there is not a cure or treatment today that halts or reverses ALS,here is one FDA approved drug, riluzole, that modestly slows the progression of ALS as well as several other drugs in clinical trials that hold promise"

seems like another scam/ money pit to get endless amounts of money. preys on guilty whites who have a decent heart to give money but have zero brains or intuition/motivation in finding a solution

one of those diseases where you will always get ambiguous ways to try and fight it or just accept it, without looking at dietary /lifestyle choices first

A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Thought i should comment on the ALS hysteria nonsense
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »
If people want to give to charity, great, but all this ice bucket challenge shit is bizarre and childish.  I do like the ones where a weakling dude drops the entire huge bucket on someones head instead of just the water.  Comedy gold.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 06:47:30 AM »
If people want to give to charity, great, but all this ice bucket challenge shit is bizarre and childish.

It's also wildly successful and raised 15 x the money they received last year.

Nothing wrong with having some fun at the same time.

Y

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:51:17 AM »
You truly are a sad example of the Great American Loser. You've no degree nor any truly marketable skills and I am not convinced that you are even gainfully employed - yet you live this fantasy of being an intellectual out on a board totally unrelated to your subject matter. Because you have a Masters in "copy and paste" engineering, you cannot possibly spend time on a board related to the subject that you have randomly decided to be a "fantasy expert" in...
Why not get off your ass and actually do something productive in life?
I know that you are weak and I sincerely feel regret that I have to be so in your face - but I am trying to help you man.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 06:53:00 AM »
out of the millions they are projected to recieve how many hundreds of dollars will go to heme-iron studies

i wouldnt give my money unless it had a voice in the "stud dies"
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 06:53:12 AM »
It's also wildly successful and raised 15 x the money they received last year.

Nothing wrong with having some fun at the same time.

Except that actually is something wrong with it.  It's just the new way to take a selfie.  Ego driven like everything else.   

Good for them though, raising the money.  Keep funding that endless research that hasn't cured anything in the last 100 years.  Yay science!

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »
out of the millions they are projected to recieve how many hundreds of dollars will go to heme-iron studies

start a catchy youtube meme to raise awareness of heme iron mr falcone

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 06:57:07 AM »
If people want to give to charity, great, but all this ice bucket challenge shit is bizarre and childish.  I do like the ones where a weakling dude drops the entire huge bucket on someones head instead of just the water.  Comedy gold.

I do think we have this dumbass fascination with "causes". I cannot figure out how in the hell I am going to help Steve Gleason if I dump a bucket of ice on my skull??? Or how wearing pink socks and gloves in the NFL is somehow going to help titty cancer??
I am ALL FOR trying to help. I had someone very close to me die when we were only 15 from colon cancer but this was many years ago and with current technology she would have made a full recovery. So advances are being made. It's just stupid to think filming ice on my head is the answer!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 07:00:31 AM »
It's for a good cause seems to excuse a lot of idiocy these days.  Maybe this will pay off and they will start curing some of this shit, I don't know.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 07:00:51 AM »

Yeh - THATS what we need. Marty Champions out there with copy and paste research!!

Not an original thought in you...

Well it's that time (have to open the office - that happens 5 times a week FYI Marty. Just in case you are confused). So now you have the floor for the rest of the day to pontificate.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 07:02:42 AM »
Except that actually is something wrong with it.  It's just the new way to take a selfie.  Ego driven like everything else.   

Good for them though, raising the money.  Keep funding that endless research that hasn't cured anything in the last 100 years.  Yay science!

x2 - obvious self worship

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 07:27:13 AM »

I think to most it's just stupid fun.  Plus the kids get into it and have a good time.

But, to your second point, do you believe they should just give up and accept defeat on this?
Y

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 07:29:19 AM »
I think to most it's just stupid fun.  Plus the kids get into it and have a good time.

But, to your second point, do you believe they should just give up and accept defeat on this?

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking". -Yamamoto Tsunetomo