Author Topic: Ebola - The Worlds Largest Petridish  (Read 7093 times)

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
Re: Ebola - The Worlds Largest Petridish
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »
I had to type that last post three times to get n iger to show up wtf

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 08:09:07 AM »
I had to type that last post three times to get n iger to show up wtf

It's not a word, it's an insult. In getbiggish it's referred to as "Hebrewia"

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
It's not a word, it's an insult. In getbiggish it's referred to as "Hebrewia"
they could change the name I guess to be more PC.  I would say they could call it nigeragua but it's kinda taken

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: The Worlds Largest Petridish
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 04:38:52 PM »
A condom will save each of them.

Look, airborne, low latency, high infectability, high "walking contagious" period, high lethality. Think smallpox. A man infected with weaponized smallpox (of which the Soviets made thousands of liters) could walk through a major airport with the sniffles and infect hundreds.

Bloodborne pathogens will never make the list.

You think all hookers require the use of condoms?

How does that prevent transmission via saliva?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 04:42:40 PM »
You think all hookers require the use of condoms?

How does that prevent transmission via saliva?

Fucking every transmission vector with enough vigor to break skin isn't a terribly efficient way of spreading a bioweapon.

Saliva would be a problem *if* you have an open sore in your mouth or stomach. Otherwise, the virus wouldn't survive the digestive tract.

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 05:25:56 PM »
Fucking every transmission vector with enough vigor to break skin isn't a terribly efficient way of spreading a bioweapon.

Saliva would be a problem *if* you have an open sore in your mouth or stomach. Otherwise, the virus wouldn't survive the digestive tract.
Your making it sound like this shit is hard to catch as aids, I'm not buying it.

Granted maybe the tampon point is an exaggeration, but I think its alot easier than you believe.

just look at all the docs catching the shit.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 07:02:53 PM »
Your making it sound like this shit is hard to catch as aids, I'm not buying it.

Granted maybe the tampon point is an exaggeration, but I think its alot easier than you believe.

just look at all the docs catching the shit.

It is blood born purely, but there is some speculation that it can live in an aerosolized mist for about 2 minutes. Allowing for inhalation. Now it still needs to find an open wound of some type. Docs typically catch it because they are treating the sick with needles and doing autopsies on the dead, as well as handling the dead.

People who die of Ebola and all hommorhagic fevers typically do so in a hellish way, frequently sloughing off their entire GI tract and shitting it out in a gout of viral blood, bleeding out immediately. The hospital wards that these doctors live and work for 12 hours a day are literally worse than a charnel house, floors awash is viral blood. That's how they catch it. That is not practical for a bioweapon: to require 3" of viral blood on the floor.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2014, 07:08:24 PM »
Docs typically catch it because they are treating the sick with needles and doing autopsies on the dead, as well as handling the dead.

Yeah, but how? Are they inhaling it or is it getting into wounds or something? If they're following proper medical practices and all, can it get them? Rubber gloves, masks,etc..?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
Yeah, but how? Are they inhaling it or is it getting into wounds or something? If they're following proper medical practices and all, can it get them? Rubber gloves, masks,etc..?

There is a reason that USAMRIID mandates Level 5 biohazard suits for all strains of Ebola.

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »
There is a reason that USAMRIID mandates Level 5 biohazard suits for all strains of Ebola.
That doesnt really answer the question.

How are these people catching it so often, rubber boots, and a pair of glooves would seem to be enough.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »

How are these people catching it so often, rubber boots, and a pair of glooves would seem to be enough.

Yeah, on one hand they're saying it's not a threat but on the other they're mandating bio hazard suits?

???

What are doctors doing that's infecting them?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »
God forbid we "discriminate" to keep this disease from spreading. When I fly I want to sit between two Liberians.  ;D

Aberdeen health scare as passenger quarantined
Last updated Sun 24 Aug 2014

A British Airways flight at Aberdeen has been held on the runway for several hours after one passenger fell ill aboard the plane.

Local health officials in face masks and protective clothing boarded the plane from Heathrow to assess the condition of the poorly passenger.

http://www.itv.com/guy-quarantined/

MikMaq

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2014, 07:59:03 PM »
God forbid we "discriminate" to keep this disease from spreading. When I fly I want to sit between two Liberians.  ;D

Aberdeen health scare as passenger quarantined
Last updated Sun 24 Aug 2014

A British Airways flight at Aberdeen has been held on the runway for several hours after one passenger fell ill aboard the plane.

Local health officials in face masks and protective clothing boarded the plane from Heathrow to assess the condition of the poorly passenger.

http://www.itv.com/guy-quarantined/
Cant wait for flu season to start.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:51 AM »

Most of the doctors aren't catching it, despite being foot deep in viral blood. Level I or II seems to be mostly good enough: keep it out of you mouth and eyes and no do posed open wounds.

Mistakes happen in wards of dying people. That's how they get it. In the real world, folks wouldn't be anywhere near a dying infected man.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:36 AM »
Yeah I hope none of that will come up in the north, I would hate to take time off from training :(

MikMaq

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »
Most of the doctors aren't catching it, despite being foot deep in viral blood. Level I or II seems to be mostly good enough: keep it out of you mouth and eyes and no do posed open wounds.

Mistakes happen in wards of dying people. That's how they get it. In the real world, folks wouldn't be anywhere near a dying infected man.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ebola-outbreak-canadians-pulled-from-sierra-leone-lab-1.2746945

Check that out, most of us that have actually worked real jobs, know its pretty dam easy to keep yourself clean.

I've worked around manure, bird shit, sewage, concrete, racoon shit, you name it, never had a problem keeping dirt away from my skin, so you really gotta brake that down for me.

Either your leaving something out, or these mofos are the most useless group of workers that have ever tread D Ert.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
You're posting some good stuff, Lungrenisback.
A