Author Topic: Dorian Yates on Arnold Schwarzenegger  (Read 12743 times)

AmonRa

Dorian Yates on Arnold Schwarzenegger
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

Cliffs for getbiggers who are busy making millions.

1.Arnold talks shit about Dorian in magazines and criticizes the new standards.

2.Dorian responds.

3.Comments are in Dorian's favor or so he says.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Arnold Dorian. Dorian Flips It.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:27:23 AM »
THE HAIRLINE ON THAT GUY AT THE INTRO WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
Didn't watch, but I'm pretty sure Arnold is winning.  ;D
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
Dorian alpha as fuck.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
Dorian may be alpha, but Arnold has been winning for years.

For so many years that it doesn't matter if he's losing today or onwards.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »
mentzer wasnt going to win anyways

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
Alpha vs alpha

Tough call

Both did it there way and succeeded.

Both have valid points.

I still think Arnold harbors some dislike for Mentzer and his ideas and Dorian is a natural extension of that. Dorians build and training were an evolution of Mike and his ideas.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »
Alpha vs alpha

Tough call

Both did it there way and succeeded.

Both have valid points.

I still think Arnold harbors some dislike for Mentzer and his ideas and Dorian is a natural extension of that. Dorians build and training were an evolution of Mike and his ideas.
but getbig said mentzer built his muscles in his late teens early 20's using conventional volume routines and only much later invented HIT theories to complement the nautilus business plan

?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
Dorian alpha as fuck.

Yup.  If they had competed against each other, Arnold's mind games would have had no effect on Dorian.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
but getbig said mentzer built his muscles in his late teens early 20's using conventional volume routines and only much later invented HIT theories to complement the nautilus business plan

?
Mentzer i cant comment on as i dont know, Dorian did volume in the beginning. He didnt go to a HIT style until much later, he built the bulk of his mass using volume. Even then, he used much greater volume than Mentzer ever advocated.

As I said he was an evolution of mentzers ideas.

But, his theories and build (both had that dense, stocky,  more torso than arms look) were similar to mentzers and Arnold did not approve of Mentzers physique or his training, so I could see how it could taint his views.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 01:45:17 PM »
Mentzer i cant comment on as i dont know, Dorian did volume in the beginning. He didnt go to a HIT style until much later, he built the bulk of his mass using volume. Even then, he used much greater volume than Mentzer ever advocated.

As I said he was an evolution of mentzers ideas.

But, his theories and build (both had that dense, stocky,  more torso than arms look) were similar to mentzers and Arnold did not approve of Mentzers physique or his training, so I could see how it could taint his views.
mentzer had some crazy arnold rants during his seminars

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 02:59:02 PM »
mentzer had some crazy arnold rants during his seminars

Mentzer was the first Professor of Bro-Science.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
Mentzer was the first Professor of Bro-Science.
i always get suspicious when people try to scientifically formulate a bodybuilding system

ben pakulski and layne norton also make me suspicious for this reason

both so fucking smart and both have subpar arms

i keep telling people

bodybuilding is closer to witchcraft than to science

there are no answers only questions

the more you think the more confusion accumulates and clarity continues to elude you

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
i always get suspicious when people try to scientifically formulate a bodybuilding system

ben pakulski and layne norton also make me suspicious for this reason

both so fucking smart and both have subpar arms

i keep telling people

bodybuilding is closer to witchcraft than to science

there are no answers only questions

therefore dont think but do

Good to have you back at Getbig Broseph.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »
Good to have you back at Getbig Broseph.
without getbig i am lost at sea

a sea of misinformation of what bodybuilding truly is

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 04:06:56 PM »
without getbig i am lost at sea

a sea of misinformation of what bodybuilding truly is

& U "live" in Havana too ?, just like Leopold did :D senor imitacion (!?)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
Watch pumping iron, then get back to me.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »
Arnold wasn't the only saying Dorian's look hurts bodybuilding. Many were saying it and still do.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »
Mike and Arnold never had a rivalry. That's the first time Mike and Arnold competed in the same contest.

Arnold did criticized modern bodybuilding back in the 1990s , he attacked the way the guys dressed in the striped leotards and multi-print genie pants ,   Arnold actually criticized Sly Stallone in print as well for dressing like a clown with his full length fur coats as well.

He really didn't ' attack ' Dorian , he commented on ' This guy who is the current Mr Olympia The guy from England  ' He didn't even bother to mention Dorian by name , he said he wins the contest and goes back to England not to be seen again until next year. He felt the current Mr Olympia wasn't doing enough to promote the sport like he did. Which was kinda of true but Dorian was much more reserved than Arnold but Dorian had a point Arnold was sorta out of touch with the modern scene he flew into the Arnold Classic once a year made an appearance and jettisoned off back to Hollywood.

Arnold never specially commented on Dorian's physique and it being the harbinger of the beginning of the end of bodybuilding. Arnold always gave compliments to others , Sergio specifically. The biggest slight is he didn't know who Dorian was or he did and decided not to mention his name.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »
Arnold wasn't the only saying Dorian's look hurts bodybuilding. Many were saying it and still do.

He never said that. At all.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
Didn't watch, Dorian was superior bodybuilder, Arnold can't talk shit about someone bigger and leaner and he espoused such standards. If you want to talk aesthetics Serge would've won a few Sandows.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
Mike and Arnold never had a rivalry. That's the first time Mike and Arnold competed in the same contest.

Arnold did criticized modern bodybuilding back in the 1990s , he attacked the way the guys dressed in the striped leotards and multi-print genie pants ,   Arnold actually criticized Sly Stallone in print as well for dressing like a clown with his full length fur coats as well.

He really didn't ' attack ' Dorian , he commented on ' This guy who is the current Mr Olympia The guy from England  ' He didn't even bother to mention Dorian by name , he said he wins the contest and goes back to England not to be seen again until next year. He felt the current Mr Olympia wasn't doing enough to promote the sport like he did. Which was kinda of true but Dorian was much more reserved than Arnold but Dorian had a point Arnold was sorta out of touch with the modern scene he flew into the Arnold Classic once a year made an appearance and jettisoned off back to Hollywood.

Arnold never specially commented on Dorian's physique and it being the harbinger of the beginning of the end of bodybuilding. Arnold always gave compliments to others , Sergio specifically. The biggest slight is he didn't know who Dorian was or he did and decided not to mention his name.

Exactly right. His main issue with Dorian was he wasn't a natural promoter of like  Arnold was. of course, Arnold being Arnold...he had to use slightly condescending language....LOL

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
A couple of points. When Mike was down and out it was Arnold who helped him financially.

Like Jeff Everson wrote, "Until Pigs fly you don't have to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder."
Some of the biggest dopes on earth are successful bodybuilders. They couldn't tell you what they did last workout or why.  

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 06:54:58 PM »
A couple of points. When Mike was down and out it was Arnold who helped him financially.

Like Jeff Everson wrote, "Until Pigs fly you don't have to be a scientist to be a bodybuilder."
Some of the biggest dopes on earth are successful bodybuilders. They couldn't tell you what they did last workout or why.  

Flex Wheeler comes to mind , Dorian recalled sharing a hotel with him once and Flex was lamenting on how he wish he could get back into the same shape as a previous contest and Dorian asked what he did different from one year to the next and Flex commented like " I don't know " in juxtaposition to Dorian who was a meticulous record keeper , recorded every work-out , took pictures of himself at different times pre-contest and compared them to the previous year and weighed and measured all of his food to the ounce. I think Dorian knew that Flex wouldn't ever beat him knowing that.

And I recall reading a story about Dorian's first trip to Venice Golds and after reading for years in the magazines about how hard-core these guys were and how all these pro trained like animals and when he went he couldn't believe how pathetic the pros were and he said to himself " I'm going to murder all of these guys on stage. "

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00:13 PM »
Flex Wheeler comes to mind , Dorian recalled sharing a hotel with him once and Flex was lamenting on how he wish he could get back into the same shape as a previous contest and Dorian asked what he did different from one year to the next and Flex commented like " I don't know " in juxtaposition to Dorian who was a meticulous record keeper , recorded every work-out , took pictures of himself at different times pre-contest and compared them to the previous year and weighed and measured all of his food to the ounce. I think Dorian knew that Flex wouldn't ever beat him knowing that.

And I recall reading a story about Dorian's first trip to Venice Golds and after reading for years in the magazines about how hard-core these guys were and how all these pro trained like animals and when he went he couldn't believe how pathetic the pros were and he said to himself " I'm going to murder all of these guys on stage. "

Yep.

My favorite scene in pumping iron ?  when Arnold is doing donkey calf raises with those two bimbos on his back...obviously for the camera. and Arnold says, and you can see he'sNOT  happy.."I can't concentrate with all this bullshit going on."