Author Topic: Stop telling women "Don't Get Too Muscular"  (Read 14644 times)

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
Stop telling women "Don't Get Too Muscular"
« on: August 23, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
 I'm just going to leave this right here and go prepare myself for the onslaught of ignorance.

http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/an-open-letter-to-everyone-who-has-told-women-dont-get-too-muscular/

An Open Letter to Everyone Who Has Told Women “Don’t Get Too Muscular”

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: STOP TELLING WOMEN "DON'T GET TOO MUSCULAR"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »
Tony used to be my strength coach. Sharp guy.

I got through to my wife years ago. She now trains hard and has real muscles.

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:57:53 PM »
I'm just going to leave this right here and go prepare myself for the onslaught of ignorance.

http://www.tonygentilcore.com/blog/an-open-letter-to-everyone-who-has-told-women-dont-get-too-muscular/

Don't you chase women too?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »

Not ignorance Lob.... I like an in shape woman, nicely toned....it's very sexy.  but there is a tipping point that is going to turn off the majority of men. I agree its high douchebaggery to tell someone what to do with their  body. but if a woman takes herself to the extreme end of the spectrum she needs to realize she is marginalizing herself from the vast majority of men

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
Say what you want but she is awesome when fronting ACDC

O

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »

Brian Johnson  ;D

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »
Not ignorance Lob.... I like an in shape woman, nicely toned....it's very sexy.  but there is a tipping point that is going to turn off the majority of men. I agree its high douchebaggery to tell someone what to do with their  body. but if a woman takes herself to the extreme end of the spectrum she needs to realize she is marginalizing herself from the vast majority of men

the same could be said about men who bodybuild, but more importantly,  women don't need men to help us "realize"  things.  We're not children. We also don't do everything for the purpose of attracting dudes.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »
Don't you chase women too?
I have no idea how your question pertains to the matter at hand

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
Lob, I don't take advices from this man.

did you even click the actual link?  The article is written by a woman.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »
the same could be said about men who bodybuild, but more importantly,  women don't need men to help us "realize"  things.  We're not children. We also don't do everything for the purpose of attracting dudes.

Agreed.  Guilty on women meeting a man to help them realize...my bad.

we are on the same page. I don't train for women, and I realize that my look  probably turns off a lot of women.

that being said, I didn't write a blog to complain about it .  if you don't give a fuck, just don't give a fuck...that's my M.O.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 05:18:22 PM »
Everyone has a right to their body, do what pleases you. But anything beyond around here I can't support. It'd be like a man taking estrogen hormones.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Whatever you say, "Butch"
wow, irrefutable argument.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 05:19:09 PM »
the same could be said about men who bodybuild, but more importantly,  women don't need men to help us "realize"  things.  We're not children. We also don't do everything for the purpose of attracting dudes.

The same could be said about men and is said by both men and women. The difference is if a woman takes an abundance of male hormones they begin turning into men physically. Not unlike if a man takes female hormones and begins growing breasts etc.

However my position is to each his own and everyone is free to have their own opinion on muscularity.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
::)

Nothing like a fineeeee looking Women with hairy pits  :o

Do you think she has hairy nipples to  :o :P

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »

;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 05:21:54 PM »
Tony is a good researcher, writer, marketer and from what I hear a good trainer. He's part owner of Cressy Performance. I know Eric and he's good as well but there is always that question in the back of my head about how both he and Cressy, with really little hands on experience gets degree and started out as writers instead of trainers. Somewhere along the lines there's that lack of hands on experience.  

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »
My gf's old friend did a physique show or whatever class it was here couple years ago. Her first show. Took more juice than I ever took to be about 90lbs on stage. Finally got my gf to realise all girls in mags are photo shops and drugs.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »
Everyone has a right to their body, do what pleases you. But anything beyond around here I can't support. It'd be like a man taking estrogen hormones.
That's just it-  suggesting that women do or do not do things,  lest they lose your valuable and incomparable support, is shitty.  This is not about what you're attracted to or not attracted to.  This is about women being allowed to make their own decisions and you realizing that unless your opinion is solicited, it is entirely unwelcome and arrogant as fuck for you to impose it

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »

No one is forcing anyone to do anything, least of all how they choose to make themselves look.  No, women are not children and neither are men, that is the realm of girls and boys and while we often behave like we're kids in reality we're kidding no one.

And yes, women don't do everything for the purpose of attracting dudes but when you get right down to it, what is the point of repelling us?  Unless of course that is the point.

I have never understood a woman that hates men trying to look like one via male hormones and weight training.  Deep voice?  Check?  Have to shave?  Check.  Male pattern baldness?  Check. No breasts?  Check.  Shenis?  Check.  

It is indefensible and yet...

Surely you are above this?   There is right and wrong and good and bad.  Then there's just plain disgustingly fugly.  That would describe a woman on male hormones.  It's not all fifty shades of gay.  Even if some people think there's at least fifty.  Only a total emasculated schome would find a harmonized woMan "attractive".

Do as you please, say what you want but do not expect to be lauded for this one.  

Be well.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »
No one is forcing anyone to do anything, least of all how they choose to make themselves look.  No, women are not children and neither are men, that is the realm of girls and boys and while we often behave like we're kids in reality we're kidding no one.

And yes, women don't do everything for the purpose of attracting dudes but when you get right down to it, what is the point of repelling us?  Unless of course that is the point.

I have never understood a woman that hates men trying to look like one via male hormones and weight training.  Deep voice?  Check?  Have to shave?  Check.  Male pattern baldness?  Check. No breasts?  Check.  Shenis?  Check.  

It is indefensible and yet...

Surely you are above this?   There is right and wrong and good and bad.  Then there's just plain disgustingly fugly.  That would describe a woman on male hormones.  It's not all fifty shades of gay.  Even if some people think there's at least fifty.  Only a total emasculated schome would find a harmonized woMan "attractive".

Do as you please, say what you want but do not expect to be lauded for this one.  

Be well.
TRUTH! X a billion!
H

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 05:32:35 PM »
That's just it-  suggesting that women do or do not do things,  lest they lose your valuable and incomparable support, is shitty.  This is not about what you're attracted to or not attracted to.  This is about women being allowed to make their own decisions and you realizing that unless your opinion is solicited, it is entirely unwelcome and arrogant as fuck for you to impose it

If deterring a female I care about from turning herself into a drag queen makes me an arrogant fuck so be it.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »
You are totally right in saying it's there decision to make in how they want to look or what they do to there own selves but no, it is not arrogant for anyone to have an opinion.

On one hand you are saying they can do what they want then on the other hand you say people can't express there opinions and refer to it as arrogant if it does not agree with these ladies
choice to do certain things with there bodies.

It's hypocritical to say these ladies are free to express themselves in a certain way yet others cant express there opinions on it ?
These are ladies getting on stage or having pics and vids shot which makes them open to public opinion if you or they like it or not.  :)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 05:34:43 PM »

O

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »
We are peeps Lob, but I'm not following you here.

you start a thread basically asking for opinions, and then it's "fuck you, who asked you?"