Author Topic: Stop telling women "Don't Get Too Muscular"  (Read 14656 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
Re: STOP TELLING WOMEN "DON'T GET TOO MUSCULAR"
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
wow, irrefutable argument.
There's no argument.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »

Out of all those ladies why does Christina look so out of place , is it because she is a female ... oh wait  :-\ ???

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 05:39:30 PM »

I'm all for women making gains and getting in shape..but this shit makes me want to puke

Just my rightful opinion

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »
  This is about women being allowed to make their own decisions and you realizing that unless your opinion is solicited, it is entirely unwelcome and arrogant as fuck for you to impose it
::)
At the end of the day you are going to do whatever the fuck you want , was I arrogant went I told my cousin stop drinking and doing drugs ? BTW she died of heroin overdose .

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »
The percentage of women who men may think is too muscular is under 1 %...

"Too muscular" is also relative...

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »
You are totally right in saying it's there decision to make in how they want to look or what they do to there own selves but no, it is not arrogant for anyone to have an opinion.

On one hand you are saying they can do what they want then on the other hand you say people can't express there opinions and refer to it as arrogant if it does not agree with these ladies
choice to do certain things with there bodies.

It's hypocritical to say these ladies are free to express themselves in a certain way yet others cant express there opinions on it ?
These are ladies getting on stage or having pics and vids shot which makes them open to public opinion if you or they like it or not.  :)
never said people aren't allowed to express their opinions, but to express your opinion to a grown woman who hasn't asked for it?  yeah that's shitty.  Imagine if you went out with your boys, you're minding your business, living your life, and some snarky broad came over to give you her opinion on your body, style, appearance.  That shit would be rude and uncalled for.  But that doesn't happen to men.  It happens to women every single fucking day.

Also, to all the people who can't shut up about women and steroids,  you might consider stepping outside of the bodybuilding bubble for a moment to realize that  women with even a modicum of muscle are being told they're "too muscular" in the real world.  the article doesn't mention competitors, steroids,  or  models at all  because the article is about EVERY woman, EVERY day, ALL of the time.  The article is not addressing this little subculture - we are so small in number that we're sort of irrelevant actually.  I agree, you step on stage or in front of a camera, that is indirectly soliciting opinions.  but going to the gym, minding your own business, and having people on the street constantly offering their opinion?  That's entirely different. And entirely fucked up.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »
We all want attention, whether it be from the opposite sex or the same sex, or both.
We may do things for our self (self attention?), but ultimately we want others to acknowledge what we have done. Our physique is the outward embodiment of what we have shaped and molded, and if no one took notice or complimented us on our hard work, then the true question is what was the point. After all, this is what people SEE.

If a person wants to get "too muscular" and they are a woman and are judged on it, oh well. That is what humans do, and men do because, well it's a woman. And women judge men as well. You never hear a woman say, "don't be too rich"---men get judged by women based upon their accomplishments, their cars, their monetary worth, their looks, etc. And we take it, because it is what it is.

Bottom line, we all make choices, and the consequences and repercussions of said choices are that we get judged on them. You cannot please everybody, if you are happy, truly happy with those choices, and whoever supports you, then that is vindication enough.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:35 PM »
never said people aren't allowed to express their opinions, but to express your opinion to a grown woman who hasn't asked for it?  yeah that's shitty.  Imagine if you went out with your boys, you're minding your business, living your life, and some snarky broad came over to give you her opinion on your body, style, appearance.  That shit would be rude and uncalled for.  But that doesn't happen to men.  It happens to women every single fucking day.

Also, to all the people who can't shut up about women and steroids,  you might consider stepping outside of the bodybuilding bubble for a moment to realize that  women with even a modicum of muscle are being told they're "too muscular" in the real world.  the article doesn't mention competitors, steroids,  or  models at all  because the article is about EVERY woman, EVERY day, ALL of the time.  The article is not addressing this little subculture - we are so small in number that we're sort of irrelevant actually.  I agree, you step on stage or in front of a camera, that is indirectly soliciting opinions.  but going to the gym, minding your own business, and having people on the street constantly offering their opinion?  That's entirely different. And entirely fucked up.

Happens to dudes too.  "Thats too much, it's gross"

who fucking asked you?

I hear you.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »
We all want attention, whether it be from the opposite sex or the same sex, or both.
We may do things for our self (self attention?), but ultimately we want others to acknowledge what we have done. Our physique is the outward embodiment of what we have shaped and molded, and if no one took notice or complimented us on our hard work, then the true question is what was the point. After all, this is what people SEE.

If a person wants to get "too muscular" and they are a woman and are judged on it, oh well. That is what humans do, and men do because, well it's a woman. And women judge men as well. You never hear a woman say, "don't be too rich"---men get judged by women based upon their accomplishments, their cars, their monetary worth, their looks, etc. And we take it, because it is what it is.

Bottom line, we all make choices, and the consequences and repercussions of said choices are that we get judged on them. You cannot please everybody, if you are happy, truly happy with those choices, and whoever supports you, then that is vindication enough.

Pretty much this. Thank you Dr.Parker

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2014, 06:05:36 PM »

Happens to dudes too.  "Thats too much, it's gross"

who fucking asked you?

I hear you.
Dude, I clearly forgot that men hate being told they shouldn't tell women what to do. Especially by women. I was expecting a lot of "back to the kitchen"  shit, but not THIS level of ignorance.
 I'm tapping out on this one. Wow.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »
Pretty much this. Thank you Dr.Parker
enzo, did you read the article at all, or are you just responding to what you think it says?  Because steroids are so far outside the scope of this... you're really not even responding to what has been presented.
 Anyway, I said I was tapping out, so before I become Booty and leave the same thread ten times,  I'm really out.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
enzo, did you read the article at all, or are you just responding to what you think it says?  Because steroids are so far outside the scope of this... you're really not even responding to what has been presented.
 Anyway, I said I was tapping out, so before I become Booty and leave the same thread ten times,  I'm really out.

It's a lofty read so I skimmed. But I'll go back over it

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 06:12:27 PM »
Dude, I clearly forgot that men hate being told they shouldn't tell women what to do. Especially by women. I was expecting a lot of "back to the kitchen"  shit, but not THIS level of ignorance.
 I'm tapping out on this one. Wow.
I remember we had a convo about something similar and you handed me my lunch...in a Peanuts lunchbox.
I have never verbally told a woman in the gym, outside of the gym, etc to "not get too muscular", as it was never my place to do so, or solicited. Giving unsolicited opinions to a person, a woman on what she should or should not do, can be understandably aggravating.  

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 06:16:19 PM »
As long as women does not take male hormones then there is no way she can look "too muscular". Problem with androgens is that they make you look like a man. And it's not a matter of muscles or definition anymore. You look like a man because... well, physiologically, you are a man without a dick. Or even a superman, if you take more than average man produces.

With all due respect Lobstah, I do not think this article applies to IFBB pro. You shouldn't be surprised that men usually are not into the type of physique you have. But hey, that's what you do for a living and you are quite succesful at it so why on earth would you give a fuck.

From my experience, average female works out 10x harder than average male and they quickly surpass males in certain exercises. It is hillarious to watch a "big" guy struggle with half rep 1 plate squats with "chick pad" on the barbell and then some small girl take the pad off (LOL) and do full warmup squats with same weight.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 06:19:35 PM »
I've never understood why any straight woman would want muscles. Ends up looking like a bulldyke.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »
After reading the whole article I actually agree with the message. Like others stated, it's hormones in a female body I don't agree with.

Personally I'd never walk up to a random and give them my thoughts on their appearance, I'd be banned from Walmart  :-X

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »

Also, to all the people who can't shut up about women and steroids,  you might consider stepping outside of the bodybuilding bubble for a moment to realize that  women with even a modicum of muscle are being told they're "too muscular" in the real world. the article doesn't mention competitors, steroids,  or  models at all  because the article is about EVERY woman, EVERY day, ALL of the time.  The article is not addressing this little subculture - we are so small in number that we're sort of irrelevant actually.  I agree, you step on stage or in front of a camera, that is indirectly soliciting opinions.  but going to the gym, minding your own business, and having people on the street constantly offering their opinion?  That's entirely different. And entirely fucked up.

Tell that to the crossfit accountants

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
Here's a pic of her -

Just giving it a read through, I doubt she was talking about the anaconda clitted beasties that roam the IFBB shows. Just a shoehorned article meant to sell product.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
Everyone is free to do as they please in life.

However, if one ends up looking like an abomination, then it is only human nature to be judged.

The hardcore women bodybuilders basically turn into men due to hormone usage.

To anyone outside of that little circle, they look repulsive.

Do you not see some of the pics in this thread Lobstah?

They literally look like men in drag.

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »
Here's a pic of her -

Just giving it a read through, I doubt she was talking about the anaconda clitted beasties that roam the IFBB shows. Just a shoehorned article meant to sell product.

Patchouli oil and hairy armpits. YUCK!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »

To be fair I haven't read the article,  I was basing it off the opinions we give on the pics posted of heavily enhanced females that we see posted on BB sites/forums , so apologies - I will read the article  :)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: Stop telling women "Don't Get Too Muscular"
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
hahaha, none of us read the article  ;D
O

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
No one has the right to tell someone else what is too muscular and what is just fine.  That being said, the opinions of many are expressed, and yes, it is different if one is in the industry on what is muscular, and one that is just from the mainstream.

Our friends not in this industry think Nicole Wilkins and Eric Stern are way too muscular and jacked up.  They also think some local figure competitors are that way too.  Hell, some think the bikini competitors are too muscular, because they don't look like the Playboy model next door.

But for many in the industry, the women bodybuilders whose voice has changed, who outmuscles guys and who just live for the gym and being bulky and 'manly' is just where it goes too far. No, you may not like that, but alas, there is rarely any sponsors or people who want to see that now, and less and less competitions.  The Arnold dropped its Ms. International, and I think just 3-4 total contest a year now are held, whereas on a local level, they are gone.  It is too 'muscular' and not enough interest.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:35 PM »
hahaha, none of us read the article  ;D

Not true.  We also read Lobstah's words.  They said so much more and in turn, we commented.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »

Our friends not in this industry think Nicole Wilkins and Eric Stern are way too muscular and jacked up.  T

:D