Author Topic: Supplements for the Natural  (Read 5491 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Supplements for the Natural
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:11:07 AM »
This thread is for supplements that can be used by people who want to stay natural. 
If you know of a supplement that has worked for you, it's legal in the Natural BB world, send it to a moderator for review and it will be posted.  Any articles describing how it works will be ideal.

I have listed a few really basic supplements to get it started.  If you have anything to add, please PM a moderator.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
Re: Supplements for the Natural
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:14:44 AM »
CREATINE

Most people will say that bodybuilding supplements are vital to any bodybuilder's training program. Among the top of the bodybuilding supplements is creatine. Bodybuilder's believe that supplementing creatine into their diet helps them achieve bigger strength gains. Creatine is one of the most widely used and sought after bodybuilding supplements. As a bodybuiler I consistently interact with people supplementing their diet with creatine.

So what is creatine anyway?

Creatine is already inside each of us. Creatine is produced by the liver, kidneys and pancreas. Creatine is responsible for the energy inside the muscles. Once inside the muscles it is converted to creatine phosphate and eventually in to adenosine triphosphate (more commonly referred to as ATP). ATP is the muscle's energy source and is responsible for the contraction of the muscle. Once this energy has been exerted (muscle contraction) then ATP becomes ADP. This is when creatine phosphate and ADP create ATP and the cycle begins again.

So why take creatine?

It is believed that creatine is stored inside our muscles. Our creatine storage is not at full capacity so by supplementing with creatine you can "fill" your muscular storage system and as a result experience more muscular energy.

Where can it be found?

Creatine can be found in fish and meat. Although it occurs naturally in the body and can be found in our foods the quantity is still limited. That is why supplementing your creatine supply is becoming essential for athletes of all kinds. Any athlete that has more muscular energy is at an advantage. [More Information]

Article Written by: Brad Belanger
Brought to you by Naturalmuscle.CA

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 08:24:04 AM »
GAKIC
                  This s**t has worked for me and I am as skeptical as anyone on this board, and I know when s**t doesn't work for me.  This is real.

The complete GAKIC formula delivers superior results
Because GAKIC is completely revolutionary, odds are you may be hearing it’s name for the first time. GAKIC is chemically known as glycine-l-arginine-alpha ketoisocaproic acid. The amazing effects seen with GAKIC can't be caused by taking glycine, arginine, or KIC on their own.
After years of scientific scrutiny, researchers believe that one of the key mechanisms responsible for the performance-enhancing effects of GAKIC is the removal of fatigue toxins such as ammonia. These toxins build up when you do a set, and when they reach a critical level, your body “hits the wall”.  With decreased fatigue toxin levels, you can perform more work, and push yourself harder than you normally would. This translates into better muscular gains as your training intensity and strength improve over time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAKIC can help remove the fatigue toxin ammonia during intense exercise.
During intense exercise, various energy-producing metabolic pathways can lead to increases in the fatigue toxin ammonia. A buildup of ammonia in muscle cells interferes with normal muscle metabolism and limits muscular power output.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAKIC is a cutting-edge pre-workout supplement that
can help you immediately increase muscle power and
strength and decrease fatigue.
That’s where GAKIC comes in. GAKIC helps you immediately increase muscular power and strength and decrease fatigue. This can allow you to train harder than ever before. GAKIC works in part because of its ability to remove ammonia. The figure below shows how the components of GAKIC™ can be used by a special enzyme in the body called l-leucine dehydrogenase to eliminate ammonia through the formation of the important branched-chain amino acid l-leucine. With decreased fatigue toxin levels, you can perform more work – resulting in better workouts, and bigger, stronger muscles.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:17:54 PM »
I tried GAKIC it worked for like a few days then i got weaker than before i started! its wierd stuff i wouldnt use it again!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 07:54:35 AM »
Been on it for 6 weeks, still working for me.  I cycle it though, 3 weeks on 2 weeks off.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 05:16:26 AM »
The thing I always wonder about supplements like GAKIC and creatine is do they help you gain more
muscle or is the strength gain purely temporary while you are using the supplement (ie. do they accelerate
your gains)? I tried creatine and I found that I was a little stronger on it (maybe could push for one more
rep) but in the long term I felt that there were no extra gains - I didn't grow faster because of it.

shaun

• Getbig II
  • www.idfa.ca
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 01:17:40 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Supplements that I take on a regular basis are: Creatine, Glutamine, Tribulus, ZMA, Whey Protein.   I also take a multivitamin, vit C, and vit E every morning. 

When preparing for shows or looking to get lean I do use a fat burner as well.   Usually an ephedrine free version.

Shaun
Shaun Campbell, IDFA.ca

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 11:10:08 AM »

I am currently taking gakic and size on from gaspari nutrition and my strength has gone through the roof and i am also getting insane pumps.

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »
I am currently taking gakic and size on from gaspari nutrition and my strength has gone through the roof and i am also getting insane pumps.

Judging by your avataar it's also given you a servere case of gyno!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 07:43:23 AM »
I liked the BSN Nitrix, made good gains in size and strength.

Always a good feeling when neighbors ask "Are you working out?"

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 10:12:28 PM »
Welcome to the board Shaun!
"Shut the F up and train"

shaun

• Getbig II
  • www.idfa.ca
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »