Author Topic: Anyone heard of this?  (Read 1803 times)

Razzor

• Getbig II
  • Get it up..keep it up!
Anyone heard of this?
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:48:28 AM »
Someone just told me the Goalie from the NHL team in Arizona, tested positive for propecia during his Olympic drug testing, and they are saying that this is now a drug that many pro athletes are using as a masking agent, any truth to that??

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone heard of this?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 11:12:53 AM »
Hmm....

I heard on the radio this morning that a top skulling Olympian (I think, have to look it up) was banned today for taking a hair loss treatment drug.  And yes, they alluded to it being used to mask steroid use.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 11:44:45 AM »
Someone just told me the Goalie from the NHL team in Arizona, tested positive for propecia during his Olympic drug testing, and they are saying that this is now a drug that many pro athletes are using as a masking agent, any truth to that??

I live in Phoenix and I've heard nothing about this.

Was it Cujo?

I'll be sure to ask Wayne Gretzky about this when he has time.... ::)

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Razzor

• Getbig II
  • Get it up..keep it up!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »
not sure who it was, just was told someone from the Pheonix team who is on the olympics tested positive for it, as a masking agent, first time I had heard of them using that for a masking agent...amazing what they figure out certain substances are good for other than their primary function...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 11:48:43 AM »
not sure who it was, just was told someone from the Pheonix team who is on the olympics tested positive for it, as a masking agent, first time I had heard of them using that for a masking agent...amazing what they figure out certain substances are good for other than their primary function...

Well if you don't have specifics, how do you expect anyone else to know?

If I live in Phoenix and I don't know why would anyone else magically know?

Those type of details aren't usually revealed.

DIV

Razzor

• Getbig II
  • Get it up..keep it up!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »
http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000000703

Okay here it is, if anyone is interested, basically, he's not in the olympics, was way off, but in doing some research, here is the real deal if anyone is interested.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 12:10:12 PM »
Here's what I was talking about.  A U.S skeleton competitor who was set to compete in the Turin games was banned for taking finasteride.

http://articles.news.aol.com/sportsevent/article.adp?id=20060210100609990022

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 01:11:08 AM »
Here's what I was talking about.  A U.S skeleton competitor who was set to compete in the Turin games was banned for taking finasteride.
http://articles.news.aol.com/sportsevent/article.adp?id=20060210100609990022

^Ok........now I did hear about this, yes.  It's minor, he just got clipped because they consider it a masking agent.

no big deal.

DIV