Author Topic: is it possible to shame people into learning new tasks  (Read 3428 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
is it possible to shame people into learning new tasks
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
like electricity?
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: is it possible to shame people into learning new tasks
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »
 ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
what does it take though, everyone seems to be on this life path of talking about social issues. I dont want people to be like that

an "honest" man posting about social issues day in and day out on getbig, is he really being an 'honest' man in doing so? avoiding a deep discussion like electricity like the plague?
A

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »
like electricity?

What is the best way to learn?

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:50:14 PM »
hahaha

Marty you're like Russel Crowe from a beautiful mind

I have a funny feeling teh falcon is actually a genius

should have applied yourself to basketball you could have been one of those smart white players with the jump shots. you could play for utah or something

responding to your message now btw

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »
You should not have to shame people into liking something. Inspire them or make it interesting enough that they would like it. If they don't no loss.

Your diatribes hardly invite fence sitters into studying electricity. You started lifting cos you saw Arnold, not from some Mike Mentzer rant. Think about it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 09:52:42 PM »
We mostly just shame fat people; and mostly fat women at that.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »
What happens when we switch  oracle electrodes 8) versions and create Electric Fusion systems based on 4way grounding? 8) Do we need to adapt any frequency that's generated by the sequence controller?
Or does it fall under atomic fusion?

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:20 PM »
Did it work on you? Do you have a MSc in electro physics yet?  >:(

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
Marty you're like Russel Crowe from a beautiful mind
LOL

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »
You should not have to shame people into liking something. Inspire them or make it interesting enough that they would like it. If they don't no loss.

Good luck raising kids....

MikMaq

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 10:52:36 PM »

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 10:56:44 PM »
The fun part with autists with "special interests" are that they are still retarded. They cannot connect the dots between different parts of their chosen subject, thus they are still rambling morons when compared to an educated professional in the same subject.
Autists can only assimilate facts, but they cannot gain any remarkable level of knowledge. Hence, they will at most be a parrot citing wikipedia, no more no less.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:09 PM »

Is your special interest men in thongs? 

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:51 PM »

Don't fool yourself, we're all here for that reason.

MikMaq

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:11 PM »
The fun part with autists with "special interests" are that they are still retarded. They cannot connect the dots between different parts of their chosen subject, thus they are still rambling morons when compared to an educated professional in the same subject.
Autists can only assimilate facts, but they cannot gain any remarkable level of knowledge. Hence, they will at most be a parrot citing wikipedia, no more no less.
I'll agree to a point, 99 percent of autistic folks have to rely on self education, and therefore will not have a range of depth equal to traditionally educated folk..

But I think your completely clueless on the depth of knowledge.

Autistic folk are shit at communicating, so a massive of information isn't able to slip through in a short conversation. Most of us are very challenged by the idea of sharing knowledge beyond the use of adjective noun  type sentence.

Most of the autistic folk I've met have a wide array of knowledge that completely outstrips the averages persons. It's just our understanding is built from a completely different perspective. It's like a deaf person telling you, you breath too heavy.

It's actually quite trippy if you don't understand how often autistic folk play dumb. It's a coping strategy you have to have. Autism is often not pretty, it's really hard to accept that it's a disorder than can effect people like yourself.  So people need to re-enforce the notion that these people are not intelligent humans like themselves.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 11:09:31 PM »
Don't fool yourself, we're all here for that reason.

Agreed. Just wondering if there is something else in his life we don't know about.  But I'm betting men in thongs is the one.  :D

MikMaq

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »
Social darwinism I guess in simplest terms.

I'm quite obsessed with the fact real life, and I mean the real world that we all live in, is evolution running at full steam.

Unfortunately most of ya'll have a piss poor understanding of how the shit works.

Ironically it's my obsession with social biology that gives me some pretty unique insights into people. It's really a fucking nightmare to talk to folk that have to pretend we live in some PC caring paternalistic world. This unhinged antisocial environment is refreshing, I feel like I get to be around normal folk without all the lies the rest of the population covets.

I love getbig, because ya'll seem to embrace the idea it's just one big competition to stomp eachother out.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 11:16:29 PM »
I'll agree to a point, 99 percent of autistic folks have to rely on self education, and therefore will not have a range of depth equal to traditionally educated folk..

But I think your completely clueless on the depth of knowledge.

Autistic folk are shit at communicating, so a massive of information isn't able to slip through in a short conversation. Most of us are very challenged by the idea of sharing knowledge beyond the use of adjective noun  type sentence.

Most of the autistic folk I've met have a wide array of knowledge that completely outstrips the averages persons. It's just our understanding is built from a completely different perspective. It's like a deaf person telling you, you breath too heavy.

It's actually quite trippy if you don't understand how often autistic folk play dumb. It's a coping strategy you have to have. Autism is often not pretty, it's really hard to accept that it's a disorder than can effect people like yourself.  So people need to re-enforce the notion that these people are not intelligent humans like themselves.

But, I might add, I've encountered plenty of people with asperger/mild autism within my field since it's almost encouraged to be a social introvert and obsessed with the subject (physics/math). Most of the aspergers in my class went on to pursue PhD's.
Not every person with autism is stupid, and I didn't claim that.
The degree of autism determines how they can gain knowledge.

Aspergers falls under the Autism spectrum now, doesn't it?

MikMaq

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
But, I might add, I've encountered plenty of people with asperger/mild autism within my field since it's almost encouraged to be a social introvert and obsessed with the subject (physics/math). Most of the aspergers in my class went on to pursue PhD's.
Not every person with autism is stupid, and I didn't claim that.
The degree of autism determines how they can gain knowledge.

Aspergers falls under the Autism spectrum now, doesn't it?
Yeah aspegers is one of the 4-5 subtypes.

However it's loosing all its meaning.

Originally Hans Aspergers(Third Reich doctor) called us Autistic Psychopaths.. However this went out of favor for some unknown reason  ;D

so they called it aspergers. Anyway for the 50 years after ww2, Autism was almost inseparable with Retardation. So aspergers meant something along the lines of not retarded autism.

Eventually some great mind figured out autism has little to do with retardation(although alot of downs, FAS, etc have autism)

Autistic people in general have the same amount of brain power as anyone else. However it's not appropriately focused like the average persons.

"The degree of autism determines how they can gain knowledge." I actually think that is largely untrue. It seems what a person is interested in, and how one is raised and educated has a larger effect.

My obsession with Social Darwinism allowed me to better understand people far better than even my counter parts with phds can. A lot of liberal beliefs especially shit like femisism seems to be quite toxic for autistic folk.

We're very vulnerable to literal information.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
Yeah aspegers is one of the 4-5 subtypes.

However it's loosing all its meaning.

Originally Hans Aspergers(Third Reich doctor) called us Autistic Psychopaths.. However this went out of favor for some unknown reason  ;D

so they called it aspergers. Anyway for the 50 years after ww2, Autism was almost inseparable with Retardation. So aspergers meant something along the lines of not retarded autism.

Eventually some great mind figured out autism has little to do with retardation(although alot of downs, FAS, etc have autism)

Autistic people in general have the same amount of brain power as anyone else. However it's not appropriately focused like the average persons.

"The degree of autism determines how they can gain knowledge." I actually think that is largely untrue. It seems what a person is interested in, and how one is raised and educated has a larger effect.

My obsession with Social Darwinism allowed me to better understand people far better than even my counter parts with phds can. A lot of liberal beliefs especially shit like femisism seems to be quite toxic for autistic folk.

We're very vulnerable to literal information.

Is delusion a part of your mental disorder?

MikMaq

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »
Is delusion a part of your mental disorder?
I was referring to autistics with PHDs.

And I don't have a complete understanding of folks. There's a lot of shit regular folk are way better at than I.

But I think most people would benefit from my instinctual understanding of people.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »
like electricity?
Electricity ISN'T a task.  Hope this helps.
V

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 11:37:25 PM »
I was referring to autistics with PHDs.

And I don't have a complete understanding of folks. There's a lot of shit regular folk are way better at than I.

But I think most people would benefit from my instinctual understanding of people.

Oh, my bad then, I misread your post. :)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »
Why doesn't Johnny Falcon join a physics forum if he's so obsessed with physics (electrodynamics)?
Could it be because, deep down, he knows he would be obliterated by people with real knowledge in this subject?