Author Topic: a question regarding following mens bodybuilding.  (Read 6271 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
a question regarding following mens bodybuilding.
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »

so i have noticed a trend here where untrained individuals, out of shape individuals, and other such non active people argue, debate and defend their 'favourite' pro bodybuilder.

do you guys not find it just a little bit fucking weird that your arguing over a bunch of oiled up muscle men who pose wearing a fucking speedo?
b

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: a question regarding following mens bodybuilding.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:12:19 AM »
As a bodybuilder myself I find it peculiar and possibly homosexual that other grown men participate in this kind of tomfoolery. I mean I'm slightly Embarrassed at times for following pro BBing and I'm an actual bodybuilder and have been for the last decade. I wonder how they justify it?

Either way we can all agree that Shitso is the worst thing to ever happen to GetBig.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
I began my weight-training life as an aspiring bodybuilder. My eventual hopes were to obtain my IFBB pro card and one day compete on the Mr. Olympia stage. Of course, with time and furthering knowledge, I realized I wasn't prepared to do what is required to even have a far-flung stab at such accomplishments.

And besides, I came to understand strength was my forte when it came to the world of muscles and such.

I still have an interest in what's going on in the bodybuilding world, though. It's my roots.

But, yeah, why anyone who has never trained as a bodybuilder would follow it, I have no idea, beyond the standard explanation that he's a closeted homo or full-on homo.

With the passing years I have really come to see the weirdness of the whole pursuit. Building muscle and strength is one thing, but the deal with glittery thongs, fake tans, oil, and slithery posing routines now leaves me kinda ... blank.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:23:10 AM »
When I was skinny and first started lifting I used to be too embarrassed to buy BB mags. Once I start to get noticeable gains I felt completely comfortable letting everyone know I was into it. I don't know why

But it's a thin line between schmoe and fan. A large portion of followers are def gay and they have no problem letting straight BB'ers know it  :'(

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:35:42 AM »
It's called schmoeing and there's nothing wrong with it!  >:(

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:37:03 AM »
Ron, mayor of bbing, stuntmovie, ND, shizzo, on the top of my head

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:40:06 AM »

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 12:46:40 AM »

im not talking about you guys like chiro and enzo and fortress- guys who compete, or actually train cause i understand the commonality.

im talking about guys who havent been in a gym in a decade if ever. like thats fucking WEIRD. id like someone who doesnt train to explain their attraction to it.

like im a big dude who trains his ass off and it shows but holy fuck i cant even read this board for fear someone in the lunch room at work will see me accidentally open up a thread and there'll be some pic of ronnie with his trunks shoved up his ass. like i could see people being like 'ok hes a bber, so i get it' but its goddamn embarassing. how does someone who doesnt even look the part justify the behaviour lol

im actually laughing as i type this btw.

b

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
Other sports/activities have fans who do not participate beyond viewing, why not bodybuilding?

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »
im not talking about you guys like chiro and enzo and fortress- guys who compete, or actually train cause i understand the commonality.

im talking about guys who havent been in a gym in a decade if ever. like thats fucking WEIRD. id like someone who doesnt train to explain their attraction to it.

like im a big dude who trains his ass off and it shows but holy fuck i cant even read this board for fear someone in the lunch room at work will see me accidentally open up a thread and there'll be some pic of ronnie with his trunks shoved up his ass. like i could see people being like 'ok hes a bber, so i get it' but its goddamn embarassing. how does someone who doesnt even look the part justify the behaviour lol

im actually laughing as i type this btw.

Why don't you ask this guy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:00:31 AM »

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:07 AM »
Other sports/activities have fans who do not participate beyond viewing, why not bodybuilding?

Because, most other sports, football, baseball, basketball, are national past times and are iconic sports in America. You won't see too many people watching a professional game of ping pong unless they are also ping pong players themselves. Second, most children grew up playing those sports on teams. Most children do not grow up lifting weights.
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 01:05:56 AM »
just because something is mainstream and rooted in common culture does not make free from absurdity :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 01:11:59 AM »
just because something is mainstream and rooted in common culture does not make free from absurdity :)

You also failed to acknowledge my second point. MOST children in America grow up playing basketball, football, baseball on a team, whether thats in a private league or on a school team. Thus, there is more of a connection to those sports, so even if one does not play them as adults, there is still a strong connection with them. Most children dont grow up being hardcore lifters. So when they reach adulthood, and still dont lift, its weird that they would be involved in bodybuilding without ever engaging in lifting in the past or present.
X

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 01:13:37 AM »

Surely you must see the absurdity in males being devout followers of male pageants?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 01:16:49 AM »
Surely you must see the absurdity in males being devout followers of male pageants?

The very nature of bodybuilding (absurd amount of drugs, the oil, the speedos) makes it absurd. Doing what they do to their bodies is much more absurd than playing a game of tennis.

Dont mind bigro. Another meathead trying to sound smart. We allow him to try and sound smart, to give him the illusion that he is more than just muscles :)
X

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 01:36:33 AM »
maybe they read comic books as children and associate the superhuman physiques with those of their childhood heros?

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 01:40:22 AM »

because other sports require a level of skill, athleticism or talent that can be appreciated even by a non participant.

take the Olympics. i was watching the freestyle snowboarding competition and was totally engrossed and i have never been on a snowboard in my life. im sitting there and im thinking its amazing what these athletes can do. this is fucking cool.

whats cool about pro bbing? lol like tell me where the talent, skill or athleticism is that would draw someone to enjoy watching it and debate over it.

b

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 01:41:36 AM »
agree

i think it's pretty awesome

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 01:42:31 AM »
maybe they read comic books as children and associate the superhuman physiques with those of their childhood heros?

Too big of a stretch lol. Sorry, you're trying to make it fit. Superheroes and watching oiled men on stage posing is not quite the same.
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »
You also failed to acknowledge my second point. MOST children in America grow up playing basketball, football, baseball on a team, whether thats in a private league or on a school team. Thus, there is more of a connection to those sports, so even if one does not play them as adults, there is still a strong connection with them. Most children dont grow up being hardcore lifters. So when they reach adulthood, and still dont lift, its weird that they would be involved in bodybuilding without ever engaging in lifting in the past or present.

So whatever most children grow up with is beyond questioning and acceptable?

The very nature of bodybuilding (absurd amount of drugs, the oil, the speedos) makes it absurd. Doing what they do to their bodies is much more absurd than playing a game of tennis.

Dont mind bigro. Another meathead trying to sound smart. We allow him to try and sound smart, to give him the illusion that he is more than just muscles :)

Its an extreme sport and like other extreme sports has risks.

Your intellectual arrogance is absurd.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 01:59:54 AM »
So whatever most children grow up with is beyond questioning and acceptable?

Its an extreme sport and like other extreme sports has risks.
Your intellectual arrogance is absurd.

bbing is not a sport.

take the drugs out of it and whats left? nothing. pro bbing without drugs would be extinct.

take the drugs out of any sport- cycling- football- baseball-  its still a sport.

take the drugs out of pro bbing and it becomes a sideshow that isnt even worth watching for those who follow it.

sport. c'mon man. lets see who has the greatest response and tolerance to anabolic compounds, herd them all up onstage in oil and a speedo and have them 'pose' for 10 minutes huffing and puffing cause its too exerting. lol a lot of skill involved in that.

some sport. its embarassing you'd even call it that.
b

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 02:00:38 AM »
As a bodybuilder myself I find it peculiar and possibly homosexual that other grown men participate in this kind of tomfoolery. I mean I'm slightly Embarrassed at times for following pro BBing and I'm an actual bodybuilder and have been for the last decade. I wonder how they justify it?

Either way we can all agree that Shitso is the worst thing to ever happen to GetBig.
Not gonna fall for it pal. You might want to get that stroke face looked at  :D

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2014, 02:04:13 AM »

like im legit curious about this attraction to it.

i get why guys who train follow it. thats not the stretch here. its the guys who dont train, have no idea what its like to build their body in the first place, or the disciplene involved in the suffering thru a diet. like whats their attraction to it? its gotta be physical.
b

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2014, 02:04:34 AM »
Just take soccer for an example. Overweight fat guys gulping one beer down after another, never stood on a soccer field, watch the soccer world championship and when their team wins they shout out "WE WON !!!". If their team fails, they call them overpaid assholes.

I guess most people who are interested in BB work out, not on a competition level, but at least they are more fit than people related to other sports.