Author Topic: NFL - Michael Sam cut by Rams - thoughts?  (Read 7817 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Michael Sam
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »

There have been plenty of people who have excelled at the combine and ended up playing like shit and vice versa.  Being able to bench press 40 reps doesn't mean you're going to be a great football player.

It was always a longshot with Michael Sam on the RAMS because they already have one of the best defense teams in the league and there was only one spot open.

If anyone watched the preseason games, it was clear that he could hang in the pro leagues with all of those sacks and tackles he made.  Even ESPN has to grudgingly admit that he can play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11431047/michael-sam-cut-st-louis-rams

LOL...do you even understand the difference between pre-season and In-season gamespeed and that he won't be going against guys fighting for a spot but rather most will be veterans? Practice squad at best. He did well but not enough to keep his position. Pre-season games are night and day.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »

There have been plenty of people who have excelled at the combine and ended up playing like shit and vice versa.  Being able to bench press 40 reps doesn't mean you're going to be a great football player.

It was always a longshot with Michael Sam on the RAMS because they already have one of the best defense teams in the league and there was only one spot open.

If anyone watched the preseason games, it was clear that he could hang in the pro leagues with all of those sacks and tackles he made.  Even ESPN has to grudgingly admit that he can play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11431047/michael-sam-cut-st-louis-rams
the best defenses in the league?

are you fucking kidding? they are decent but one of the best in the league they certainly are not

He got a number of sacks and tackles in garbage time against garbage players. I think he is probably good enough to play in the NFL but didnt see anything that would cause anyone to go out of their way to snag him.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2014, 08:04:45 PM »
the best defenses in the league?

are you fucking kidding? they are decent but one of the best in the league they certainly are not

He got a number of sacks and tackles in garbage time against garbage players. I think he is probably good enough to play in the NFL but didnt see anything that would cause anyone to go out of their way to snag him.

Yea, that's why I said that he'd prob end up on the Ram's practice squad.  He could continue to make improvements....spike up a bit, get on the juice,  and he'll be able to be called up when someone gets hurt or injured during the season.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2014, 08:15:04 PM »

Yea, that's why I said that he'd prob end up on the Ram's practice squad.  He could continue to make improvements....spike up a bit, get on the juice,  and he'll be able to be called up when someone gets hurt or injured during the season.

This is the goal for every team but for Sams it will take at least year at best. He needs to put on size and even for as small as he is, he's not that explosive in his first step. He needs to develop greater explosiveness while adding size. But while he can do that, it may never be to NFL standards. BUT, he does have the heart and desire to prove himself so that may be enough to keep him on the practice squad and make a good living. He was good in college but the NFL is a whole different ballgame. These guys are ridiculously explosive and fast which why a 40 time means shit.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »
This is the goal for every team but for Sams it will take at least year at best. He needs to put on size and even for as small as he is, he's not that explosive in his first step. He needs to develop greater explosiveness while adding size. But while he can do that, it may never be to NFL standards. BUT, he does have the heart and desire to prove himself so that may be enough to keep him on the practice squad and make a good living. He was good in college but the NFL is a whole different ballgame. These guys are ridiculously explosive and fast which why a 40 time means shit.

He has options....he just needs to go Tebow on his training routine which I think being on a practice squad would give him the opportunity to do.  Learn the routes, rules of a game, and lift weights until his time comes.  If it doesn't, I'd prob tell him to go to Canada and play like Doug Flutie did
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: NFL - Michael Sam cut by Rams - thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
Heard he was playin' too much grab-ass. 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: NFL - Michael Sam cut by Rams - thoughts?
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:31 AM »
This is what comes from phaggotry. 
~