Author Topic: Myth of arctic meltdown - Necrosis Approved  (Read 6302 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Myth of arctic meltdown - Necrosis Approved
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »
Not true. When it comes to "climate change" (that's what they're calling it this week isn't it?) it's ALWAYS politically tied to the left and yes, it's always political. That being said, the left are propagandist and attempt to use scare tactics to raise taxes to fund their cause. They have little if any credibility.

Prove it. Just saying it doesn't make it true. With science, we need something called, "evidence."

Also, denying climate change is politically tied to the right. What's your point?

So, are you saying all researchers who are "left" falsify all their data? Psychologists, engineers, biologists, chemists, physicists? It must be a HUGE conspiracy theory! You hit the nail on the head!
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 09:08:18 PM »
Prove it. Just saying it doesn't make it true. With science, we need something called, "evidence."

Also, denying climate change is politically tied to the right. What's your point?

So, are you saying all researchers who are "left" falsify all their data? Psychologists, engineers, biologists, chemists, physicists? It must be a HUGE conspiracy theory! You hit the nail on the head!

There is evidence on the otherwise side as well. If "climate change" is politically movtivated on the right, it sure as hell isn't for raising taxes.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »
There is evidence on the otherwise side as well. If "climate change" is politically movtivated on the right, it sure as hell isn't for raising taxes.

People have motivates far beyond then what we can imagine or know. Motives are not always externally motivated.

Until you can prove its politically motivated and ALL data is falsified, which means all these professors would lose their positions, you're just "pissing in the wind." A statement like that would need strong evidence that thousands and thousands of professors are purposely falsifying data. Do you really think I am just going to take your word for it? LMAO!!
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 09:14:11 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:39 PM »
Yeah its motivated by the notion that there is no need to be responsible for the future. Because either god or the free market will save our asses no matter how badly we fuck with the economy.

Climate change isnt some complex thing to understand.

The process has been happening naturally since the beginning  of time.

Its the reason we evolved in the first place.

Its the reason the vikings never took over north america.

Its the reason napoleon never made it to russia.

Its a naturally occurring process but when your dropping 1000000000000 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere its almost certain the rate of the natural process will behave unpredictably.

Its actually an incredible easy thing to understand, if you just focus on the topic for a 2-3 mins, no need for a PHD.

However that is beyond your gerbal-based attention span.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »
Yeah its motivated by the notion that there is no need to be responsible for the future. Because either god or the free market will save our asses no matter how badly we fuck with the economy.

Climate change isnt some complex thing to understand.

The process has been happening naturally since the beginning  of time.

Its the reason we evolved in the first place.

Its the reason the vikings never took over north america.

Its the reason napoleon never made it to russia.

Its a naturally occurring process but when your dropping 1000000000000 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere its almost certain the rate of the natural process will behave unpredictably.

Its actually an incredible easy thing to understand, if you just focus on the topic for a 2-3 mins, no need for a PHD.

However that is beyond your gerbal-based attention span.

Well there you have it. I'm sure your simplistic findings are in print as we speak in every global warming/climate change, winter, fall, spring and summer journal as we speak. Congrats, you just ended all of the scientific (and political) debate on either side. Prepare for your Nobel Peace Prize on climate change. It's in the mail.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 10:57:28 PM »
Well there you have it. I'm sure your simplistic findings are in print as we speak in every global warming/climate change, winter, fall, spring and summer journal as we speak. Congrats, you just ended all of the scientific (and political) debate on either side. Prepare for your Nobel Peace Prize on climate change. It's in the mail.

If you want to prove global warming is fake, go back to school and get a PhD and do your own research. Just stating that liberals are yucky and you hate them does not make global warming false. It doesn't make it true either.

X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »
If you want to prove global warming is fake, go back to school and get a PhD and do your own research. Just stating that liberals are yucky and you hate them does not make global warming false. It doesn't make it true either.

Ok, here's a stone cold fact. Whether you or anyone else thinks this is real or not is irrelevant. Nothing will happen to me, my kid, my kids kids, their kids, their kids kids and on and on and on. Many many many many generations will pass before this shit will be relevant. Come talk to me 200 years from now ::)

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 11:06:09 PM »
My simplistic explanation is so someone like yourself can understand something.

This isn't some new thing, this is atleast been a topic of a discussion for like a decade now.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
Ok, here's a stone cold fact. Whether you or anyone else thinks this is real or not is irrelevant. Nothing will happen to me, my kid, my kids kids, their kids, their kids kids and on and on and on. Many many many many generations will pass before this shit will be relevant. Come talk to me 200 years from now ::)

We can never predict the future and you're way of thinking is simplistic and idiotic. It doesn't matter if 100 generations will pass before it happens. Or a 1000. If we can prevent something, whether its global warming or any other disaster, we have a responsibility to do so as humans who inhabit the earth.

You only care about you and your family. That is fine. Other people think more globally and long-term about things. If I had the opportunity to prevent something from happening 1000 generations from now, youre damn straight I would take action. Global warming (or any other disaster) may or may not keep occurring 100 generations from now. However, that doesn't stop passionate people who feel a responsibility toward the place they live. That's the difference between you and them.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
My simplistic explanation is so someone like yourself can understand something.

This isn't some new thing, this is atleast been a topic of a discussion for like a decade now.

It's been a topic among the left for 50 fuckkng years. Same ole same ole exept in like 1977 it was "we're all going to freeze to death" now it's "we're going to fry" make up your minds. Damn.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 11:17:07 PM »
We can never predict the future and you're way of thinking is simplistic and idiotic. It doesn't matter if 100 generations will pass before it happens. Or a 1000. If we can prevent something, whether its global warming or any other disaster, we have a responsibility to do so as humans who inhabit the earth.

You only care about you and your family. That is fine. Other people think more globally and long-term about things. If I had the opportunity to prevent something from happening 1000 generations from now, youre damn straight I would take action. Global warming (or any other disaster) may or may not keep occurring 100 generations from now. However, that doesn't stop passionate people who feel a responsibility toward the place they live. That's the difference between you and them.

Beyond my grand kids and God willing my great grand kids and great great grand kids. No ones input from today will make a damn bit of difference because we will all be dead. Harsh yes but it's the truth.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »
It's been a topic among the left for 50 fuckkng years. Same ole same ole exept in like 1977 it was "we're all going to freeze to death" now it's "we're going to fry" make up your minds. Damn.

You realize that scientists rarely ever make up their minds. The process of science is about learning and discovering new things. You can't tell a scientists to "make up their mind." It does not work that way. What you believe one minute, can be false the next minute. If scientists just made up their mind and stopped at that, we would never discover anything new.

You really know nothing about the process of science.

You seriously can't be this science illiterate. YOU HAVE TO BE TROLLIN' Please tell me you're trollin'
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 11:20:44 PM »
Beyond my grand kids and God willing my great grand kids and great great grand kids. No ones input from today will make a damn bit of difference because we will all be dead. Harsh yes but it's the truth.

Really? Then how come we are still pondering and using ideas from philosophers who lived 500+ years ago? In fact, many philosophers who have stated things in the past were remarkable accurate. The input from the Ancient Greeks continues to influence all different branches of academia in the 21st century.

How do you explain this?  ??? ???
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:47 PM »
You realize that scientists rarely ever make up their minds. The process of science is about learning and discovering new things. You can't tell a scientists to "make up their mind." It does not work that way. What you believe one minute, can be false the next minute. If scientists just made up their mind and stopped at that, we would never discover anything new.

You really know nothing about the process of science.

You seriously can't be this science illiterate. YOU HAVE TO BE TROLLIN' Please tell me you're trollin'

I understand nothing is absolute but there has to be some level of commonsense. Unfortunately science does not teach commonsense.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 11:35:23 PM »
Really? Then how come we are still pondering and using ideas from philosophers who lived 500+ years ago? In fact, many philosophers who have stated things in the past were remarkable accurate. The input from the Ancient Greeks continues to influence all different branches of academia in the 21st century.

How do you explain this?  ??? ???

I get that. But as much as you might deny it, this is mostly about political persuasion rather than science, why else would AlGore be the talking head for the "global warming" science community?? I'll pick this up tomorrow. Going to bed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
I get that. But as much as you might deny it, this is mostly about political persuasion rather than science, why else would AlGore be the talking head for the "global warming" science community?? I'll pick this up tomorrow. Going to bed.

So, now youre saying that political persuasion wont matter in the long run because we will all be dead? What about the constitution? The constitution is the backbone of the USA. We didn't disregard it because its a few hundred years old.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 11:39:03 PM »
I understand nothing is absolute but there has to be some level of commonsense. Unfortunately science does not teach commonsense.

Are you saying that scientists do not have common sense because they cannot agree upon something? You realize that great ideas often come about when scientists disagree with each other. Many different disciplines are riddled with scientists who disagreed with each other; thus causing one scientists to develop his own theory, and someone else then disagreed with him and built on his theory, etc.

Common sense has little to do with anything, though common sense is helpful. But really all that matters is EVIDENCE. What you can prove with EXPERIMENTATION. Do you expect a scientist to say, "Well, I am right because that's common sense?" Seriously? Other scientists would say, "Prove it."

Are you done? lol Seriously, and I am not being mean, but I feel like I am arguing with a 7th grader about the basic tenets of science. They teach this stuff in junior highschool. You really lack an understanding of anything that is science.  When I was teaching my little cousin about science, we had a similar conversation. I had to explain similar things that I am explaining to you, i.e., the process of science, etc.

ps - I believe you meant to write some level of "CONSENSUS." Not, some level of "COMMON SENSE." The latter makes absolutely no sense.
X

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »

That's nice but the effects are already happening. Mega droughts, vegetation migration, mass extinction of animals.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2014, 04:52:28 AM »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This is the quote of the decade "unfortunately science does not teach commonsense".

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2014, 04:56:15 AM »
On getbig, the meltdowns are always real.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2014, 06:32:00 AM »
Coach getting his daily dose of scientific info from Daily Mail, oh brother...

I think it has more to do with picking on the democrats / Gore..
Obama should be next in 3,2,1

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2014, 10:53:29 AM »
That's nice but the effects are already happening. Mega droughts, vegetation migration, mass extinction of animals.

I realize that. I was just making the point that, in my opinion, we have a responsibility toward the place we inhabit.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
My question is this.  Why is Getbig so stupid on issues where the evidence is overwhelming on one side and an insanely broad consensus has been reached?

Why would you put your stock in 1-2 percent deniers vs 98-99 percent evidence based data supporters?  ???

Getbig stupidity never ceases to amaze me.