Author Topic: Myth of arctic meltdown - Necrosis Approved  (Read 6303 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Myth of arctic meltdown - Necrosis Approved
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »

Are you saying that scientists do not have common sense because they cannot agree upon something? You realize that great ideas often come about when scientists disagree with each other. Many different disciplines are riddled with scientists who disagreed with each other; thus causing one scientists to develop his own theory, and someone else then disagreed with him and built on his theory, etc.

Common sense has little to do with anything, though common sense is helpful. But really all that matters is EVIDENCE. What you can prove with EXPERIMENTATION. Do you expect a scientist to say, "Well, I am right because that's common sense?" Seriously? Other scientists would say, "Prove it."

Are you done? lol Seriously, and I am not being mean, but I feel like I am arguing with a 7th grader about the basic tenets of science. They teach this stuff in junior highschool. You really lack an understanding of anything that is science.  When I was teaching my little cousin about science, we had a similar conversation. I had to explain similar things that I am explaining to you, i.e., the process of science, etc.

ps - I believe you meant to write some level of "CONSENSUS." Not, some level of "COMMON SENSE." The latter makes absolutely no sense.
Totally irrelevant because there is a 98 percent consensus.  There is no debate.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
I realize that. I was just making the point that, in my opinion, we have a responsibility toward the place we inhabit.

I agree.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
Totally irrelevant because there is a 98 percent consensus.  There is no debate.

I agree. I was just trying to pander to Coach, ya know.  :-\ :-\
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »
My question is this.  Why is Getbig so stupid on issues where the evidence is overwhelming on one side and an insanely broad consensus has been reached?

Why would you put your stock in 1-2 percent deniers vs 98-99 percent evidence based data supporters?  ???

Getbig stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
The answer is simple...

Money and politics.

Too many shitbag politicians use it as a way to fund their cronies through fear mongering, and when that kind of shit blows open, it automatically marginalizes the science behind it, especially in cases like the one where the group had faked the data....

These small events make people instantly sideline it as bullshit political agendas to line politicians friends pockets.

It makes everything suspect to people and therefore they put it all in the same category....
Phoney science driven by and for one purpose - Money and power.

Whether its true or not, thats how it becomes viewed by those who are skeptical. They see it as a fraud that politicians have discovered tbey can leverage to line thwir pockets and their friends pockets... because they do.

You can thank the politicians and the phoney 'green energy' companies (i know there are legit ones) for marginalizing climate science IMHO

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »
The answer is simple...

Money and politics.

Too many shitbag politicians use it as a way to fund their cronies through fear mongering, and when that kind of shit blows open, it automatically marginalizes the science behind it, especially in cases like the one where the group had faked the data....

These small events make people instantly sideline it as bullshit political agendas to line politicians friends pockets.

It makes everything suspect to people and therefore they put it all in the same category....
Phoney science driven by and for one purpose - Money and power.

Whether its true or not, thats how it becomes viewed by those who are skeptical. They see it as a fraud that politicians have discovered tbey can leverage to line thwir pockets and their friends pockets... because they do.

You can thank the politicians and the phoney 'green energy' companies (i know there are legit ones) for marginalizing climate science IMHO
Put all that aside and examine the raw data in a meta-analysis and there is only one conclusion.  Its hilarious to think people actually believe there is a giant conspiracy among scientists.  The aggregate data is bulletproof.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »

So what? The whole world were once convinced the earth was flat. Just because everyone believe something doesn't make it true. I mean, look at this religion bullshit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
So what? The whole world were once convinced the earth was flat. Just because everyone believe something doesn't make it true. I mean, look at this religion bullshit
The whole word was not convinced the earth was flat, and the ones that were convinced believed with lack of evidence.  The same is true of religion, believing blindly with a lack of evidence.

Guess what, the same is essentially true with climate change deniers (a little worse actually) , believing the opposite conclusion in lieu of mountains of evidence.  

Ignorance is simply believing something without any knowledge on the subject.  Stupidity is believing something despite the overwhelming evidence and consensus.  Why you want to be either is beyond me.

It makes no difference though, because the good thing about Science is that its true whether you believe it or not.