Author Topic: when should you consider trt?  (Read 1808 times)

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
when should you consider trt?
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »
I've asked a few questions about TRT on here before and I got my blood tests back a while ago. Im 25 and my test levels came back at 457NG/dl. I know that's not horribly low, but I feel like it effects my energy levels and motivation in life. I often think back to the times I was on cycle or when I was younger and I feel like I was a much more confident person. My testosterone levels are only going to go down as time go's on and I feel like by the time I hit 30 my levels will be really low. I know that I don't qualify for TRT I would probably just blast and cruise for a year than go to the doctors and get on TRT. While blasting and cruising I would have my blood work monitored to make sure im not fucking my self up. I hate asking questions on forums but Im trying to figure out if this is all in my head. Do you guys think my test levels are low enough to where I should start TRT? I honestly don't even want to cycle steroids anymore starting and stopping them is to much mental stress. If I ever do them again I'm doing TRT and never stopping. So basically im just curious if you guys think 457ng/dl is low enough to start TRT. I just see TRT as something that is inevitable for me. And im tired of the symptoms of low T. When I was on cycle I was healthier and more active than I am now I feel like the low T is making me lethargic or something. All I know is my levels are going down by the year and I don't like how I feel.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: when should you consider trt?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »
Im 29 and on HRT.... levels were like 380 or something like that. Ive also spent the better part of a half decade of my 20s abusing rec drugs, including opiates, which can really fuck up test levels.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 07:43:59 PM »
did the doctors prescribe you HRT at 380? A while back my levels came back at 413ng/dl and I had been clean off steroids for like a year and a half. I got them tested a year later and they were 457ng/dl. But I think honestly they are just fluctuating between 400 and 450. Either way it sucks because I feel like I have low testosterone and that it effects my happiness in life. It's funny to think that the old people were right when they said not to do certain things because you will regret it when your older. I always laugh at myself that I thought I could do all this shit and come out good in the end.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
did the doctors prescribe you HRT at 380? A while back my levels came back at 413ng/dl and I had been clean off steroids for like a year and a half. I got them tested a year later and they were 457ng/dl. But I think honestly they are just fluctuating between 400 and 450. Either way it sucks because I feel like I have low testosterone and that it effects my happiness in life. It's funny to think that the old people were right when they said not to do certain things because you will regret it when your older. I always laugh at myself that I thought I could do all this shit and come out good in the end.
Yes they did.... BUT, i had to leverage it... i told him that i was on test replacement prescribed by another doc and when i moved i wanted to get back on it...

Also had to describe my symptoms (gave him several of rhe low T symptoms) and told him it had made a huge difference for me when i was on it before... he was originally wanting to give me anti-depressents and junk but i argued that the HRT shots took care of all those symptoms and i just wanted back on it

Begrudgingly he agreed, and he originally tried to give me androgel but i told him insurance and children at home made me want the inject

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:09:00 PM »
Yeah I talked to my doctor about TRT on my last visit and we laughed about andro gel. But he expected my levels to be like 200ng/dl not 457 so I don't think im getting anything. So I have the choice of having like half the testosterone I should have at my age or just injecting myself with random UGL stuff made from some shit bag in a garage lol. I feel like all sources end up being a douche bag in a garage or apartment making gear.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
Yeah I talked to my doctor about TRT on my last visit and we laughed about andro gel. But he expected my levels to be like 200ng/dl not 457 so I don't think im getting anything. So I have the choice of having like half the testosterone I should have at my age or just injecting myself with random UGL stuff made from some shit bag in a garage lol. I feel like all sources end up being a douche bag in a garage or apartment making gear.
Go to another doc and try my angle, tell him you were on it, got off, but want back on.

Or go to a hormone clinic.

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:10:45 AM »
Im 29 and on HRT.... levels were like 380 or something like that. Ive also spent the better part of a half decade of my 20s abusing rec drugs, including opiates, which can really fuck up test levels.

That's what's happening with me. mine were 278ng two weeks ago and it's all from opiate and benzo abuse. I got them tested after running steroids for a few years with a few brief breaks and 4-5 months after all the use my test levels were 758ng. I'm going to try to get on HRT just don;t know if this doctor will do it,he still says my levels are in the normal range. when I got sent the test the range was 49ng/dl-1000ng/dl last time with keiser insurance they range was 225-778ng/dl but that was a few years ago.I def qualify but not sure if this doctor wants to prescribe me that many scheduled drugs. I'm still getting trying to taper off opiates and benzos.

anybody had one of those pellets put in them? one clinic just uses pellets and gels.