Author Topic: Steroids = Speed up the aging process  (Read 9883 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Steroids = Speed up the aging process
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:07:15 PM »
On paper, this might not be a scientifically proven fact, but it does seem to be somewhat valid.

I remember years ago, Mike Quinn said that steroids caused him to age prematurely.

I've recently seen 3 heavy roid users that simply looked old and weathered. Greying, Balding. Heavy wrinkles. Their body fat seemed to be higher. They didn't look happy either. They looked worn out. Their youth has left them.

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: Steroids = Speed up the aging process
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:08:57 PM »
You play, you pay.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:28:35 PM »
On paper, this might not be a scientifically proven fact, but it does seem to be somewhat valid.

I remember years ago, Mike Quinn said that steroids caused him to age prematurely.

I've recently seen 3 heavy roid users that simply looked old and weathered. Greying, Balding. Heavy wrinkles. Their body fat seemed to be higher. They didn't look happy either. They looked worn out. Their youth has left them.

Key word there is "heavy" roid users. Use of anything heavy will hurt you.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »
I've gotta agree with that...heavy drinkers, heavy smokers, heavy roid users etc...

MikMaq

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »
Do you have the delusion that your light dosing  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

NightTrain

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 11:36:24 PM »

How about weights.. "coach" .. does using it causes premature ecjac aging of the cardiovascular system? Seems like you shrank quite a bit the last few years. Have you had to reajust your golf clubs accordingly?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 01:32:09 AM »
a lot of things speed up aging process

for instance, i was on 4chan yesterday and that got me feeling old and confused

then i watched the mtv video awards and i had not heard any of the singers and that made me feel really old.

uk-lion

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 03:41:56 AM »
Agree, i was chatting with a lad in the gym yesterday who told me her had been on gear since he was 16, i though he was about 29/30 and in fact he told me he was 21. I was genuinely shocked as I'm pretty good at gauging ages.
By the time he's my age(45) he'll be either dead or look like he's in his fucking 60's

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 03:48:35 AM »

You are correct. Its pretty simple.

Steroids massively increase IGF-1. Which in turns rapidly increases cell division. Cells have a limited number of divisions, eventually you get to the end faster.

Additionally faster cell division has been linked to other health issues such as cancer as more errors are introduced when the body focuses on division rather than repair.

This is one of the reasons why fasting is popular, as its believed, but not proven yet in humans, that fasting reduces levels of IGF-1 and slows cell turnover and increases cell repair.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 03:57:32 AM »
if that is true then what about the use of HRT and GH for longevity?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 03:58:56 AM »
you make it sound like speeding up the aging process is a bad thing

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:16 AM »

What about it specifically?

HRT and GH are pushed by American quacks as anti-aging, all it does is improve your bodies outside cosmetic appearance, fuller muscles, improved muscle mass and physical strength. It is improving your physical performance and appearance. It is in no way anti-aging in terms of the your internal organs nor lowering your rate of cell division.

The improved appearance, along with other benefits of GH and HRT on joints, will certainly give the user at the clinic the impression he has improved in terms of libido, strength, well being, but this is just a temporary lift. His internals have not benefited whatsoever, if anything they have taken a hit.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 04:15:57 AM »
from 250mg test every 10 days and 1-2iu of growth a day? What if they didnt have optimal levels of test or growth hormone, that could lead to problems itself.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 04:30:14 AM »

Steroids massively increase IGF-1. Which in turns rapidly increases cell division. Cells have a limited number of divisions, eventually you get to the end faster.

Additionally faster cell division has been linked to other health issues such as cancer as more errors are introduced when the body focuses on division rather than repair.

This is one of the reasons why fasting is popular, as its believed, but not proven yet in humans, that fasting reduces levels of IGF-1 and slows cell turnover and increases cell repair.
Very interesting!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 04:34:58 AM »

fuck

we gonna die soon

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 04:41:18 AM »
Sure there are cases where TRT or GH is prescribed for genuine low testosterone levels, although it is still far more common in the US than the rest of the world. In Europe the jury is still out on testosterone replacement and in the medical community they have not even agreed a clear benchmark figure for what a low testosterone level is. TRT brings its own risks and introducing TRT is only going to lower a patients testosterone levels even further. It may be better to attempt to look at ways to boost a patients own natural testosterone levels, especially if they have multiple lifestyle issues that can be addressed, ie lack of exercises, poor diet, high stress. Again the jury is still out, but there is more evidence coming out that steroids affect the structure of the heart itself (more than just thickening of the arteries) leading to reduced efficiency and possible risk of sudden death syndrome. The question has to be asked is TRT going to put the patient at risk of different medical condition.

From a anti-aging perspective, a lot of the literature suggests lower levels of testosterone are better for longevity (not necessarily better for your mental wellbeing or physical performance). Phytoestrogens can have positive benefits to men in terms of longevity. One of the reasons women live longer than men is because of the protective effects that estrogen has on the cardiovascular system.

Nobody really knows what the effect of low dose TRT will have.

Certainly recreational use of large amounts of steroids, will massively increase IGF-1. The whole bodybuilding lifestyle is based around achieving this. Eat large amounts of calories and especially protein, which again has been shown to increase IGF-1, this is what we want and what we need to build bigger muscles. But there is a trade off which is the increased cell division.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 04:45:58 AM »
Very interesting!

Yes it is, the research into fasting is very interesting and looking like the best anti-aging option out there.

Although its not going to be practical for most bodybuilders, for the casual bodybuilder, who has an interest in their health they should consider including some fasting element into their program.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 04:49:24 AM »
Sure there are cases where TRT or GH is prescribed for genuine low testosterone levels, although it is still far more common in the US than the rest of the world. In Europe the jury is still out on testosterone replacement and in the medical community they have not even agreed a clear benchmark figure for what a low testosterone level is. TRT brings its own risks and introducing TRT is only going to lower a patients testosterone levels even further. It may be better to attempt to look at ways to boost a patients own natural testosterone levels, especially if they have multiple lifestyle issues that can be addressed, ie lack of exercises, poor diet, high stress. Again the jury is still out, but there is more evidence coming out that steroids affect the structure of the heart itself (more than just thickening of the arteries) leading to reduced efficiency and possible risk of sudden death syndrome. The question has to be asked is TRT going to put the patient at risk of different medical condition.

From a anti-aging perspective, a lot of the literature suggests lower levels of testosterone are better for longevity (not necessarily better for your mental wellbeing or physical performance). Phytoestrogens can have positive benefits to men in terms of longevity. One of the reasons women live longer than men is because of the protective effects that estrogen has on the cardiovascular system.

Nobody really knows what the effect of low dose TRT will have.

Certainly recreational use of large amounts of steroids, will massively increase IGF-1. The whole bodybuilding lifestyle is based around achieving this. Eat large amounts of calories and especially protein which again has been shown to increase IGF-1, this is what we want and what we need to build bigger muscles. But there is a trade off which is the increased cell division.

sounds exotic

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »
Yes it is, the research into fasting is very interesting and looking like the best anti-aging option out there.

Although its not going to be practical for most bodybuilders, for the casual bodybuilder, who has an interest in their health they should consider including some fasting element into their program.
Its getting popular here. There is a diet which promotes eating under 500 calories for two days out of seven.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 04:54:57 AM »
my dad does that more around 700 cals

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 05:00:54 AM »

Because those doses are aimed at creating similar hormone levels to a 21 year old.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
The body has evolved over centuries to go long spells without a meal.

As long as we have access to water, it presents no short term issue.

I think the body and mind functions at it's sharpest when deprived slightly - perhaps it's "hunter" mode kicking in.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 05:15:30 AM »
Its getting popular here. There is a diet which promotes eating under 500 calories for two days out of seven.

I'm sure more evidence will come to prove it works, because it addresses issues at the very most basic level of how our body works, going beyond just IGF-1 related issues.

When we eat we age a little bit, when we breath we age a little bit. This is because every time we eat and our body breaks down the food to convert to energy, oxygen molecules are released into our system. Oxygen is a free radical and it goes off an damages structures in our body, every small bit of damage over time builds up and leads to aging. Eating a diet rich in anti-oxidants will help address this by mopping up the free oxygen molecules...or just dont eat...and dont breathe either  ;D
By reducing the number, amount and frequency of meals you reduce the amount of oxygen molecules that are being released and simply reduce the potential for oxidative damage to occur in the body.

You can probably see the issue with the typical bodybuilders diet, eating vast amounts of food, which in turns means vast amounts of free radicals being released into the body as the food is converted to energy. Unless your eating a massive amount of anti-oxidants with each meal, this long term over consumption of food will increase the aging process as well.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 05:17:58 AM »
im 49 yrs old n im on TRT and never felt better in my life,energy,sex drive,zest for life ect r all in full effect,id rather live to 70 feeling like this than to live to 80 felling like shit like i was before i went on TRT, QUALITY over QUANTITY always. so if im shortening my life some yrs thats ok,none of us get outta here alive anyway
R

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 05:19:26 AM »
I'm sure more evidence will come to prove it works, because it addresses issues at the very most basic level of how our body works, going beyond just IGF-1 related issues.

When we eat we age a little bit, when we breath we age a little bit. This is because every time we eat and our body breaks down the food to convert to energy, oxygen molecules are released into our system. Oxygen is a free radical and it goes off an damages structures in our body, every small bit of damage over time builds up and leads to aging. Eating a diet rich in anti-oxidants will help address this by mopping up the free oxygen molecules...or just dont eat...and dont breathe either  ;D
By reducing the number, amount and frequency of meals you reduce the amount of oxygen molecules that are being released and simply reduce the potential for oxidative damage to occur in the body.

You can probably see the issue with the typical bodybuilders diet, eating vast amounts of food, which in turns means vast amounts of free radicals being released into the body as the food is converted to energy. Unless your eating a massive amount of anti-oxidants with each meal, this long term over consumption of food will increase the aging process as well.
Yes I recall reading about studies suggesting that people who eat less live longer.