Author Topic: Spartan Races  (Read 39116 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Spartan Races
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:35:16 AM »
I did Spartan race this weekend  :D

To my defence I was dragged into it by a fit bird and she needed a strong burly man to lift her up by the up over obstacles  :D

Pro's: Plenty of hot girls knocking about, cross fitting type
         If you like outdoors like me, its an excuse to get out there and explore area and dot things you wouldn't normally do.

Con's: It's dirty, some waters were smelly
          They didn't have a hot dog stall or anything for a sweet toothed man like me, no icecream vans...etc.

It was funny seeing people gas out after two minute runs up hill.
Most men couldn't get over a high wall....some manlets running to the wall and then slam against it with their hands nowhere near the top.

The rope pull where you climb to the top was harder than I thought, the rope was muddy and wet and had no grip, I slipped half way first attempt and then nailed second. Most people couldn't do the monkey bars. Bars were wet and metal was smooth, so even a seasoned guy who does lots of pull ups with ease had to use extra effort to not slip

Atlas stones at top of a steep hill was cool as well, you get there winded then have to grab a 60kg atlas stone with wet hands and walk a round this circle.

I feel a bit beta having done this, but hey....it was an outdoorsy activity I enjoyed I must admit.

S

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: I'm Ashamed to Admit......AROOOOOOO
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:40:25 AM »
I went dogging last night, pretty much did the same as you when I found out it was a tranny and had to run away through the essex countryside

Well done though mate, sounds like a good laugh and i'm sure it's good for the heart  ;D ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:24:26 AM »
BigCyp you are hilarious!  ;D I still don't know what dogging means though. Skorp I am glad you did exercise for the both of us since I was out of action this weekend.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:29:43 AM »
BigCyp you are hilarious!  ;D I still don't know what dogging means though. Skorp I am glad you did exercise for the both of us since I was out of action this weekend.
karen you donīt want to know what it means... ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:34:00 AM »
Dogging is nothing sinister really, just some nice people meeting up in secluded countryside in the dark etc etc

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 05:39:19 AM »
karen you donīt want to know what it means... ;D
I do Donny. I said I would take walks with Skorp in the country and then dogging was mentioned. So I want to know what to expect on these walks.  :D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 05:40:16 AM »
I do Donny. I said I would take walks with Skorp in the country and then dogging was mentioned. So I want to know what to expect on these walks.  :D
8) ok Baby Doll...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 05:53:01 AM »
;D are you sure Karen?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogging_(sexual_slang)
I want it noted that no dogging will occur, during my country walks. I don't do group stuff or sharing.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 05:59:16 AM »
I want it noted that no dogging will occur, during my country walks. I don't do group stuff or sharing.

Two people walking in a park and having sex is called "outdoor sex"...it only becomes dogging if strangers turn up and get involved...the latter I am yet to experience  ;D
S

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 06:06:27 AM »
Two people walking in a park and having sex is called "outdoor sex"...it only becomes dogging if strangers turn up and get involved...the latter I am yet to experience  ;D
I am all for out door sex!  ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 06:07:44 AM »
All is forgiven if you banged said "fit bird"

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 06:16:55 AM »
I might do tough mudder some time in 2015. Have no idea if I'll be able to complete it though.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
I might do tough mudder some time in 2015. Have no idea if I'll be able to complete it though.

Tough mudder looks a lot harder. 5k took one hour to get through. Great cardio TBH, running uphills in mushy terrain then lifting heavy sand bags and going down and up a long hill again, climbing up ropes...etc.

Tough mudder put a lot more work into their obstacles, hence bigger and harder to get through.
S

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 06:23:40 AM »
Tough mudder looks a lot harder. 5k took one hour to get through. Great cardio TBH, running uphills in mushy terrain then lifting heavy sand bags and going down and up a long hill again, climbing up ropes...etc.

Tough mudder put a lot more work into their obstacles, hence bigger and harder to get through.
Over here they have electric shocks hitting you. There is no way I would do it because I don't want to get electrified. Plus I don't like mud and dirt. If it was at the beach...that's another story. I love the beach, sand, ocean water etc

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 06:28:33 AM »
I am semi targeting a TM next summer if I can regain enough confidence in my achilles  >:(

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 06:40:59 AM »
Over here they have electric shocks hitting you. There is no way I would do it because I don't want to get electrified. Plus I don't like mud and dirt. If it was at the beach...that's another story. I love the beach, sand, ocean water etc

Last year I did 4 triathlons, that's a pure endurance challenge and found it harder than this Spartan as its full on cardio non-stop. The swim was in open water I did one in Blenheim Palace and swam in the upper part of the lake below, I stopped for a second to take the scenery in...it was amazing.

Then did one where I swam in water off the Thames....it smelled and tasted like shit that one.
S

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 06:45:39 AM »
Last year I did 4 triathlons, that's a pure endurance challenge and found it harder than this Spartan as its full on cardio non-stop. The swim was in open water I did one in Blenheim Palace and swam in the upper part of the lake below, I stopped for a second to take the scenery in...it was amazing.

Then did one where I swam in water off the Thames....it smelled and tasted like shit that one.
I remember you telling me about it in pm. I can swallow salty water but not shit tasting water!

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 06:50:09 AM »
I remember you telling me about it in pm. I can swallow salty water but not shit tasting water!

To give you an idea how men read text  ;D
S

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 06:58:52 AM »
To give you an idea how men read text  ;D
  ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 07:32:40 AM »
Hopefully you both read the whole post.  :P

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
Dogging is nothing sinister really, just some nice people meeting up in secluded countryside in the dark etc etc

I was getting a blowjob once off my then gf in a homebase carpark (classy, i know) on a thurseday night. The carpark was empty apart from an old transit van, which after about 5 mins started flashing it's headlights. A clapped out ford focus has never hit 60mph so quickly.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 07:52:21 AM »
I was getting a blowjob once off my then gf in a homebase carpark (classy, i know) on a thurseday night. The carpark was empty apart from an old transit van, which after about 5 mins started flashing it's headlights. A clapped out ford focus has never hit 60mph so quickly.

PMSL  :D
S

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »

Nothing beta about these races.  They stress teamwork, camaraderie, fun.  On the last one we did, there was a group that had a friend in a wheel chair, and they got him through the whole course.  It was cool to see them carrying the chair up hills of mud, etc.

Did the Great American Northeast TM last week.  10 miles....did it no problem, all obstacles included.  Took a little more than two hours with a buddy of mine.

BUT, the one I did last year was on a mountain, was 13 miles, and had 6 ascents/descents up/down black diamond ski slopes and I needed help on two of the obstacles. That one was brutal and took over 4 hours.

Of course the know nothing general getbig masses will say people are playing pretend army, etc....but it's nothing like that at all.

Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »

BUT, the one I did last year was on a mountain, was 13 miles, and had 6 ascents/descents up/down black diamond ski slopes and I needed help on two of the obstacles. That one was brutal and took over 4 hours.

The one on Mt. Snow? That's the one I am thinking of doing in June.