Author Topic: Any doubt left Obama sides w radicals and Islamists? Sickening beyond words  (Read 1486 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I have NEVER doubted it and have said it all along.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Al Qaeda Wasn’t ‘on the Run’ - Obama blocked a full review and release of bin Laden's papers
Weekly Standard ^  | September 15, 2014 | Stephen F. Hayes

Posted on ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2014‎ ‎4‎:‎47‎:‎21‎ ‎AM by Cincinatus' Wife

[SNIP]

".....In all, the U.S. government would have access to more than a million documents detailing al Qaeda’s funding, training, personnel, and future plans. The raid promised to be a turning point in America’s war on terror, not only because it eliminated al Qaeda’s leader, but also because the materials taken from his compound had great intelligence value. Analysts and policymakers would no longer need to depend on the inherently incomplete picture that had emerged from the piecing together of disparate threads of intelligence—collected via methods with varying records of success and from sources of uneven reliability. The bin Laden documents were primary source material, providing unmediated access to the thinking of al Qaeda leaders expressed in their own words.

A comprehensive and systematic examination of those documents could give U.S. intelligence officials—and eventually the American public—a better understanding of al Qaeda’s leadership, its affiliates, its recruitment efforts, its methods of communication; a better understanding, that is, of the enemy America has fought for over a decade now, at a cost of trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives.

Incredibly, such a comprehensive study—a thorough “document exploitation,” in the parlance of the intelligence community—never took place. The Weekly Standard has spoken to more than two dozen individuals with knowledge of the U.S. government’s handling of the bin Laden documents. And on that, there is widespread agreement.

“They haven’t done anything close to a full exploitation,” says Derek Harvey, a former senior intelligence analyst with the Defense Intelligence Agency and ex-director of the Afghanistan-Pakistan Center of Excellence at U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM).

“A full exploitation? No,” he says. “Not even close. Maybe 10 percent.”

More disturbing, many of the analysts and military experts with access to the documents were struck by a glaring contradiction: As President Obama and his team campaigned on the coming demise of al Qaeda in the runup to the 2012 election, the documents told a very different story.

In the days immediately following the bin Laden raid, the document haul was taken to a triage center where a CIA-led interagency team of analysts and subject-matter experts began to comb through it for perishable intelligence. It was, by all accounts, a fruitful effort. .........."

[SNIP]

....Three weeks before the anniversary, the administration provided that handpicked set of documents to analysts at the Combating Terrorism Center (CTC) at West Point. The CTC team, according to two sources familiar with the events, was instructed to prepare a study to accompany the release of the documents around the upcoming anniversary....

[SNIP]

........The CTC report was released on May 3 under the title “Letters from Abbottabad: Bin Laden Sidelined?” The authors were careful to note that they were given just a fraction of the document collection and that researchers there had “no part in the selection of documents.” The conclusions of the study were consistent with the administration’s line: Al Qaeda had been badly weakened, and in the months before his death Osama bin Laden had been marginalized.

As the public heard this carefully managed story about al Qaeda, analysts at CENTCOM were poring over documents that showed something close to the opposite.

The broader collection of documents paints a far more complicated picture of al Qaeda. There are documents laying out al Qaeda’s relationships with terror-sponsoring states, including Iran and Pakistan. There are documents that provide a close look at bin Laden’s careful cultivation of a vast array of increasingly deadly affiliates, including the one we now know as ISIS. Other documents provide a window into the complex and highly secretive system of communications between al Qaeda leaders and operatives plotting attacks. Still others offer a glimpse of relations between bin Laden, Ayman al Zawahiri, and the others who run the global terror syndicate..............

.........[Derek] Harvey would not discuss the contents of the documents. But he acknowledges that the DIA/CENTCOM conclusions contradicted the story the administration was telling the American people. “They were saying al Qaeda was on the run,” he recalls. “We were telling them al Qaeda was expanding and growing stronger.”

Meanwhile, the internal squabbling continued. The CIA, now under the direction of John Brennan, who had moved back to the agency from the White House, sought once again to limit DIA/CENTCOM’s access to the documents. And some analysts at the CTC were becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the analysis in “Letters from Abbottabad.” According to three sources with knowledge of the handling of the documents, at least one CTC analyst drafted a memo—sometimes referred to as an “affidavit”—describing how the conclusions of the study would have been different had analysts been provided access to the full range of documents. The Weekly Standard asked CTC director Liam Collins about the memo in April. He responded: “I’m not tracking you on that.” Collins denied that anyone at CTC had written or distributed such a memo, and he reiterated his denial this month.

But one U.S. intelligence official, told of Collins’s claim, scoffed, “It exists. Period.”

In July, Lieutenant General Flynn left his post as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, a year earlier than scheduled. Many intelligence professionals believe he was forced out, in part because he—and many who worked for him—aggressively challenged the administration’s view that al Qaeda was dying. Flynn’s views were shaped by the intelligence in the bin Laden documents.

Before he left, Flynn spoke to reporter James Kitfield, of Breaking Defense, who asked why he pushed back on the White House’s view that al Qaeda had died with Osama bin Laden. “There’s a political component to that issue, but when bin Laden was killed there was a general sense that maybe this threat would go away. We all had those hopes, including me. But I also remembered my many years in Afghanistan and Iraq. We kept decapitating the leadership of these groups, and more leaders would just appear from the ranks to take their place. That’s when I realized that decapitation alone was a failed strategy.”

Flynn recalled pushing to get information to policymakers with the hope that it might influence their decisions. “We said many times, ‘Hey, we need to get this intelligence in front of the secretary of defense, the secretary of state, the national security adviser! The White House needs to see this intelligence picture we have!’ ” He added: “We saw all this connective tissue developing between these [proliferating] terrorist groups. So when asked if the terrorists were on the run, we couldn’t respond with any answer but ‘no.’ When asked if the terrorists were defeated, we had to say ‘no.’ Anyone who answers ‘yes’ to either of those questions either doesn’t know what they are talking about, they are misinformed, or they are flat out lying.”

There is, nevertheless, some good news. After sustained pressure from members of Congress, led by Representative Devin Nunes of California, and outside experts, including Bruce Riedel, the public will soon begin to see more of the bin Laden documents. “I have gone to great lengths to get access to these documents, but I have met with excuses and stonewalling at every turn,” says Nunes. “If there is nothing to hide, as the Obama administration claims, then it should release these vital papers.” Nunes inserted language into the Intelligence Authorization Bill requiring the director of national intelligence to complete a declassification review of the documents within 120 days and justify in writing any remaining classification.

There is little reason to believe the law will lead to the release of documents contradicting the administration’s narrative—at least not right away. Those in the administration and the intelligence community who propagated the myth that al Qaeda was dying have every incentive to fight revelations that make clear their mendacity.

It’s far more likely that the declassification requirement will trigger another round of fighting over the documents. But that fight will take place in public—and the administration will be forced to defend withholding information. This is a small victory.

Already in congressional testimony last year, DNI Clapper said there is “good reason for us to declassify” more of the documents, so long as doing so does not jeopardize “current operations.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I have NEVER doubted it and have said it all along.

Do you support impeachment yet?  Soul Crusher has returned to the Impeach Obama camp.

Do you still want to let obama have 29 more months of madness because FOX News said it *might* give more votes in midterms?

Soul Crusher isn't to blame for this.  Liberals and Repubs who prop up obama and hate on impeachment because FOX NEWS said so... THEY own this now.   

Coach, will you please move back to supporting impeaching obama?  yes, it was fun to parrot FOX but look at the damage obama has done in the next month - imagine him off his leash once midterms are over and he has zero to lose.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
What must be understood is that most Liberals AND conservatives don't understand the character of Islam.  They assume that at it's core, Islam is like any other religion and Muslims like any other people. 
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Do you support impeachment yet?  Soul Crusher has returned to the Impeach Obama camp.

Do you still want to let obama have 29 more months of madness because FOX News said it *might* give more votes in midterms?

Soul Crusher isn't to blame for this.  Liberals and Repubs who prop up obama and hate on impeachment because FOX NEWS said so... THEY own this now.   

Coach, will you please move back to supporting impeaching obama?  yes, it was fun to parrot FOX but look at the damage obama has done in the next month - imagine him off his leash once midterms are over and he has zero to lose.

1. You've REALLY got to stop spinning my words. It's annoying and ignorant.

2. Impeachment would be the least I would support. He deserves MUCH worse punishment than "Impeachment"

3. Let's go back to what I originally said about not impeaching him. I distinctly remember saying that I wouldn't ONLY because by the time the investigation and proceedings were done, he would already be out of office. If they would have started this in his first term or not long into his second term, then I would be all for it.

Save this quote because I know somewhere down the road, you'll take it out of context.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

3. Let's go back to what I originally said about not impeaching him. I distinctly remember saying that I wouldn't ONLY because by the time the investigation and proceedings were done, he would already be out of office. If they would have started this in his first term or not long into his second term, then I would be all for it.

Save this quote because I know somewhere down the road, you'll take it out of context.

Nixon was impeached in 12 months.
Clinton was impeached in 11 months. 

That's back several decades.  We have much faster technology now.

So let's say it takes a year - it paralyzes obama for the next 12 months, then kicks him out of offices for the remaining 17 months after that.

So now that we see it works much faster than you thought - Do you think we should begin impeachment proceedings against Obama?  yes or no?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

So let's say it takes a year - it paralyzes obama for the next 12 months, then kicks him out of offices for the remaining 17 months after that.

So now that we see it works much faster than you thought - Do you think we should begin impeachment proceedings against Obama?  yes or no?

I favor impeachment 100000000000000000000000 000% just because it will be more sand in the gears of the failed Obama junta and nothing will get done.   So he can choom, do coke, bang older gay white men in the bath house, get beaten on by his wife and mil, be the butt of jokes on late night TV, whatever, at least he wont get any more of his commie terrorist agenda through

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Obama and his cohorts stonewall everything, haven't you figured that out by now. It's been two years since bengazi and still no arrests and still no one know's where he was the night of the attacks. I dunno, maybe he was hiding under the covers like a litte bitch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I favor impeachment 100000000000000000000000 000% just because it will be more sand in the gears of the failed Obama junta and nothing will get done.   So he can choom, do coke, bang older gay white men in the bath house, get beaten on by his wife and mil, be the butt of jokes on late night TV, whatever, at least he wont get any more of his commie terrorist agenda through

agreed.  The reasons that repubs use to avoid it, well, they're really weak.  They've had grounds since 2009 with F&F... but we keep hearing weak excuses like:

1) It'll take too long (he has 29 months left... it'd be done in a year or less)
2) Dems won't boot him (many dems voted against clinton... for a BJ... show us pics of the 200 that are known dead from F&F guns, and watch them change their position fast)

And to be honest - the people giving us these excuses, like Rush - they seem to be doing pretty well attacking obama all day.  If suddenly he's out of office, and we have a boring Biden doing very little - their big bad boogeyman goes away, and I bet their ratings do too?  

I don't konw why else they'd give us these weak excuses to keep this criminal in office.   I'm glad to see you embracing the agreement that millions on the right support - Impeach his ass.   I just hope the other repubs, using flimsy excuses they repeat from FOX radio, will come around as well.  :(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
See...more proof. 240 when you banged the impeachment drum there wasn't much. However as every day goes by we're getting closer. Proof is one thing..you need public opinion to include the media (allow isis to kill a few more journalists and see what happens) and you need Congress. I think we're getting proof, you stand a good chance of getting congress...we'll see on opinion. You need a face to the impeachment...can't be an old white dude...helpful if we could find a black, gay he/she from south central or maybe a Muslim polygamist.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
agreed.  The reasons that repubs use to avoid it, well, they're really weak.  They've had grounds since 2009 with F&F... but we keep hearing weak excuses like:

1) It'll take too long (he has 29 months left... it'd be done in a year or less)
2) Dems won't boot him (many dems voted against clinton... for a BJ... show us pics of the 200 that are known dead from F&F guns, and watch them change their position fast)

And to be honest - the people giving us these excuses, like Rush - they seem to be doing pretty well attacking obama all day.  If suddenly he's out of office, and we have a boring Biden doing very little - their big bad boogeyman goes away, and I bet their ratings do too?  

I don't konw why else they'd give us these weak excuses to keep this criminal in office.   I'm glad to see you embracing the agreement that millions on the right support - Impeach his ass.   I just hope the other repubs, using flimsy excuses they repeat from FOX radio, will come around as well.  :(

I favor impeachment also since a full airing of all the scandals and crimes under this admn needs to be front and center for the public all at once. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Obama and his cohorts stonewall everything, haven't you figured that out by now. It's been two years since bengazi and still no arrests and still no one know's where he was the night of the attacks. I dunno, maybe he was hiding under the covers like a litte bitch.

Oh, you don't think Nixon wanted to stonewall?  LOL and clinton, haha, you think he wanted that issue taking him down? A BJ?

I'm talking about fast & furious.  2009.  And if your reason for not wanting to impeach is "Oh, obama will fight it", LOL... well, you're on reason #3 now and they're just getting weaker, man.    If he drags it out, so be it... for 29 months, we get to see 200 dead bodies from F&F guns... that'll certainly hurt dems and obama too.  

Come on dude, join the rally to support impeachment.  Don't let those weak ass RUSH/FOX reasons convince you.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Oh, you don't think Nixon wanted to stonewall?  LOL and clinton, haha, you think he wanted that issue taking him down? A BJ?

I'm talking about fast & furious.  2009.  And if your reason for not wanting to impeach is "Oh, obama will fight it", LOL... well, you're on reason #3 now and they're just getting weaker, man.    If he drags it out, so be it... for 29 months, we get to see 200 dead bodies from F&F guns... that'll certainly hurt dems and obama too.  

Come on dude, join the rally to support impeachment.  Don't let those weak ass RUSH/FOX reasons convince you.

Going back 40+ years doesn't help your leftist cause. Comparing Nixon to Obama is like comparing Al Quada to to a liqueur store stick up.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Going back 40+ years doesn't help your leftist cause. Comparing Nixon to Obama is like comparing Al Quada to to a liqueur store stick up.

You realize you just suggested that Nixon is Al Qaeda whereas Obama is a liquor store stick up, right? ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V

my leftist cuase?  WTF are you talking about?  I've been louder about birther, benghazi, F&F, and impeachment than you or anyone else on getbig not named Soul Crusher. 

YOU don't want to impeach him.  I do.   Who's the leftist?  lol come on, he has 29 more months to wreck things, open borders, let ISIS grow, etc.  I would argue that since we have technology and the internet, immpeachment could move FASTER.

And besides, if it takes longer, so what?  Obama would be paralyzed.  Dems won't rally around his unpopular ideas if he's in the midst of a humiliating drawn out exposure of his crimes.

I don't get it, why repubs don't rally here.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
The United States has used radical groups as assets for decades.  Obama is doing absolutely nothing new.   It's short term thinking on their part. 
A

avxo

• Getbig V
YOU don't want to impeach him.  I do.   Who's the leftist?  lol come on, he has 29 more months to wreck things, open borders, let ISIS grow, etc.  I would argue that since we have technology and the internet, immpeachment could move FASTER.

I'm confused... how would impeaching Obama help with any of those things? Even if Obama were successfully impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate, Biden would become the President. So impeachment helps how?

Also, technology? Huh? The speed of the process isn't unrelated to the Internet and technology. You may be confusing politics with online scheiße midget porn.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm confused... how would impeaching Obama help with any of those things? Even if Obama were successfully impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate, Biden would become the President. So impeachment helps how?

Also, technology? Huh? The speed of the process isn't unrelated to the Internet and technology. You may be confusing politics with online scheiße midget porn.

Nixon was impeached in 12 months.  Clinton was impeached in 11 months.  I'm tired of repubs saying we can't impeach because we'd run out of time as obama would be out of office in 29 months anyway. 

Impeachment would prevent obama from unleashing a whole lot of executive orders after the Nov elections, when he's a lame duck, his party is going to abandon him anyway (they always do it - to bush, to clinton too).   he can nail america with immigration and many other things, and he will.

avxo

• Getbig V
Nixon was impeached in 12 months.  Clinton was impeached in 11 months.  I'm tired of repubs saying we can't impeach because we'd run out of time as obama would be out of office in 29 months anyway.

All this has nothing to do with technology.

Impeachment would prevent obama from unleashing a whole lot of executive orders after the Nov elections, when he's a lame duck, his party is going to abandon him anyway (they always do it - to bush, to clinton too).   he can nail america with immigration and many other things, and he will.

Sure, it would prevent Obama from doing it; it would still let Biden do it. It could also do let Biden do something else: be President for up to 10 years. If less than 24 months remained in Obama's original term of office at the time Biden became President, then Biden would still be allowed to run for two four-year terms. And that's a scary prospect too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
All this has nothing to do with technology.

Faster tech many not help it, but it wouldn't hurt.  Think of all the ways tech speeds things up.  I am not making any claims about it shortening time, just that it coudln't hurt.  Those who blame the length are often ignorant of how fast it has worked in the past.

Sure, it would prevent Obama from doing it; it would still let Biden do it. It could also do let Biden do something else: be President for up to 10 years. If less than 24 months remained in Obama's original term of office at the time Biden became President, then Biden would still be allowed to run for two four-year terms. And that's a scary prospect too.

Again, it could help.  Biden *might* be just as reckless, but he has a political future - obama does not.  Biden would LOVE to be president on his own.  He's 71, but hey, McCain is 78 years old.  He could have started office at 72 without the predictably perilous piss poor palin vpilf pick.  So i think he may be less "nothing ot lose" like obama will be.

I am just tired of "repubs" wokring so hard to ensure obama stays in office.  I don't get it.