Author Topic: Question for God people  (Read 19464 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Question for God people
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 05:53:39 AM »
at this point I typically get the canned "I feel sorry you" or "you make me sick" or "you're mentally ill".....insert whatever canned ad hominem.

You have spilled over.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:59 AM »
so we are back to my original point

it basically requires belief

which I cant seem to find

It is what it is

good news is you're not unwilling.....you're just not there yet.

dude, I had to almost die before I came to God and surrendered.  I was dying and wanted to die and with no other outs I literally lifted my arms and prayed, "Lord, I have nothing left and I want to know you and I surrender to your will.....use me."  In that moment his holy spirit surrounded me so thickly it felt like moving through water.....Jesus Christ was there.   I had an injury I was dealing with that was taking my life and from the very tip of the top of the injury down the tip of the base of my injury it began to unexplainably tingle as if it was being wrapped or as if hands were being laid upon it.....best I can describe.  

I called upon Christ with humility and surrender when I was at my absolute lowest and BOOM.....he was there.  Changed me....forever.

Now I want others to experience the same in their lives, but you don't have to be at your lowest to do so....that I don't suggest that LOL.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 06:01:45 AM »
good news is you're not unwilling.....you're just not there yet.

dude, I had to almost die before I came to God and surrendered.  I was dying and wanted to die and with no other outs I literally lifted my arms and prayed, "Lord, I have nothing left and I want to know you and I surrender to your will.....use me."  In that moment his holy spirit surrounded me so thickly it felt like moving through water.....Jesus Christ was there.   I had an injury I was dealing with that was taking my life and from the very tip of the top of the injury down the tip of the base of my injury it began to unexplainably tingle as if it was being wrapped or as if hands were being laid upon it.....best I can describe.  

I called upon Christ with humility and surrender when I was at my absolute lowest and BOOM.....he was there.  Changed me....forever.

Now I want others to experience the same in their lives, but you don't have to be at your lowest to do so....that I don't suggest LOL.

yeah but you can be a force for good in the world without religion

just as you can be a force for bad with religion

im not dissing your faith like I said good for you

some of us just aren't destined for that path

maybe one day the light will shine upon me

maybe it wont

life goes on and every day is precious

without an afterlife to look forward too
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 06:12:41 AM »
yeah but you can be a force for good in the world without religion

just as you can be a force for bad with religion

im not dissing your faith like I said good for you

some of us just aren't destined for that path

maybe one day the light will shine upon me

maybe it wont

life goes on and every day is precious

without an afterlife to look forward too

I agree with you, but that's not what salvation in Christ is about.....it's about aligning ourselves with God and avoiding his judgement of mankind.

His level of righteousness is so far beyond our comprehension that even I can't grasp it fully, but I know I've sinned against him and no longer desire to.

No matter how much good we attempt to do we cannot make up for the totality of our sin that separates us from him......Christ bridges that gap on our behalf.

I'm trying not to preach to you either LOL.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 06:15:10 AM »
I agree with you, but that's not what salvation in Christ is about.....it's about aligning ourselves with God and avoiding his judgement of mankind.

His level of righteousness is so far beyond our comprehension that even I can't grasp it fully, but I know I've sinned against him and no longer desire to.

No matter how much good we attempt to do we cannot make up for the totality of our sin that separates us from him......Christ bridges that gap on our behalf.

I'm trying not to preach to you either LOL.

I don't mind you arguing your side

I get how fervent religious people are about their message

as ive said before in my mind life is a serious of random events

T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »
I don't mind you arguing your side

I get how fervent religious people are about their message

as ive said before in my mind life is a serious of random events

again I would agree with you....I can no more predict what's gonna happen next than you can.   but regardless of the seemingly infinite choices we'll make in our day to day I know I'm bound by God's law.....his standards.  

I accept and acknowledge his standards despite my ability to freely violate them and I now hold myself accountable because of them.  

I don't always succeed.....in fact I fail daily but a relationship with Christ spans a lifetime because we'll never achieve his perfection.....as believers we proactively pursue his example nonetheless because of the change he's made in us.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2014, 06:23:04 AM »
again I would agree with you....I can no more predict what's gonna happen next than you can.   but regardless of the seemingly infinite choices we'll make in our day to day I know I'm bound by God's law.....his standards.  

I accept and acknowledge his standards despite my ability to freely violate them and I now hold myself accountable because of them.  

I don't always succeed.....in fact I fail daily but a relationship with Christ spans a lifetime because we'll never achieve his perfection.....as believers we proactively pursue his example nonetheless because of the change he's made in us.

Nicely said, MOS.  You're a good soul, brother.
A

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2014, 06:46:29 AM »
Pastor Josh Feuerstein recently put up a $100,000 challenge to anyone who could prove that God doesn't exist. Seth Andrews, host of www.thethinkingatheist.c om, responds...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »
Pastor Josh Feuerstein recently put up a $100,000 challenge to anyone who could prove that God doesn't exist. Seth Andrews, host of www.thethinkingatheist.c om, responds...

Atheists simply have no belief in any God or gods whatsoever....they make no positive assertion.

Typically it's those making the positive assertion that bear the burden of proof; although that proof can come in varying forms and should not be limited or standardized according to personal whims of those considering it.

Now in light of theists claims many have debated whether or not an atheist position is tenable or not.

All that said, I don't see how the pastor's challenge is all that worthwhile.  

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2014, 06:56:10 AM »
Atheists simply have no belief in any God or gods whatsoever....they make no positive assertion.

Typically it's those making the positive assertion that bear the burden of proof; although that proof can come in varying forms and should not be limited or standardized according to personal whims of those considering it.

Now in light of theists claims many have debated whether or not an atheist position is tenable or not.

Did you even listen to it?

AmonRa

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
God made us in his image apparently. Its made me wonder lately. Therefore, does God shit? Does he sneeze, does he itch , does he cut hair and nails. Does he sleep? Etc.

The bible contains real truth but this particular idea is a false one. The idea that God has created us in his image is absolutely false and SATANIC.

The whole point of this verse is to make people believe that they look like Gods which is one of the main tenants of Satanism - the idea that you are your own God, after all you look like one don't you.

However, even the word GOD is not right. It's also a satanic word. The proper term is the Creator not God. Gods are satanic.

The God of this world is Saturn/Satan. He rules times and anything that you like in this world is his idea.

The Vatican (Catholic church) and all other religions worship Satan/Saturn. That's why you have the black Cube in Mecca. It represents Saturn.

There is no such thing as true mainstream religion. They are all messed up, even Christianity which is supposed to be a Sun worship.

However, Jesus Christ (not his real name) is real and he really did break the machine. The machine of this world is Saturn/Satan which is represented, once gain by the cube.

Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross (which is nothing more than an unfolded cube). This was meant to be an insult towards him.

However, it all failed and Jesus Christ broke the system.

Unfortunately, what they're really pushing to you as a savior is a fake Jesus a.k.a. The Anti-Christ.

All the icons are Satanic and fake. They represent the anti-christ, not the real Jesus.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
Question: "What does God look like?"

Answer: God is a spirit (John 4:24), and so His appearance is not like anything we can describe. Exodus 33:20 tells us, “You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” As sinful human beings, we are incapable of seeing God in all His glory. His appearance is utterly unimaginable and too glorious to be safely perceived by sinful man.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Bible describes God appearing to people on various occasions. These instances should not be understood as describing exactly what God looks like, but rather as God revealing Himself to us in a way that we can understand. What God looks like is beyond our capability of understanding and describing. God gives glimpses of what He looks like to teach us truths about Himself, not necessarily so that we can have an image of Him in our minds. Two passages that powerfully describe God’s amazing appearance are Ezekiel 1:26-28 and Revelation 1:14-16.

Ezekiel 1:26-28 declares, “Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.” Revelation 1:14-16 proclaims, “His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.”  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

These passages represent Ezekiel’s and John’s best attempts at describing the appearance of God. They had to use symbolic language to describe that for which human language has no words; i.e., “what appeared like,” “like the appearance,” “he looked like,” etc. We do know that when we are in heaven, “we shall see Him as He is” (1 John 3:3). Sin will be no more, and we will be able to perceive God in all His glory.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:01 AM »
Did you even listen to it?

I heard all about Josh's challenge previously.

When I posted I had not watched your video because I thought it was Josh's challenge which I knew about.

I have now watched the video you posted and it basically affirms the first two lines of what I posted.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:32 AM »

It's the idea that the inability to disprove does not prove.

Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims rather than shifting the burden of proof to others, specifically in the case of religion. Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong. Russell's teapot is still referred to in discussions concerning the existence of God.
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2014, 07:26:16 AM »
It's the idea that the inability to disprove does not prove.

Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims rather than shifting the burden of proof to others, specifically in the case of religion. Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong. Russell's teapot is still referred to in discussions concerning the existence of God.

That's interesting....I need to learn more about that....thanks!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
I never attack anyone and get attacked all the time....have been in this very thread.
probably cause you re a self righteous asshole.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2014, 07:39:23 AM »
probably cause you re a self righteous asshole.

man of steel is good people
T

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2014, 07:43:39 AM »

I appreciate that and right back at ya.

Within this thread I had noted a short list of folks I no longer speak to.........he's one of that fan club LOL.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2014, 07:45:48 AM »
Man created God in his image.  Hope this helps.

bada boom!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2014, 08:29:20 AM »
bada boom!
Always love the Zeus from the original Clash of the Titans God depiction LOL!!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »
Although I am an atheist, I like Man of Steel, always keeps it together and sincerely tries to carry his message.
V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »
I appreciate that and right back at ya.

Within this thread I had noted a short list of folks I no longer speak to.........he's one of that fan club LOL.

Yes, you don't speak to us because you're an immature baby who cannot accept that there are people who do not believe in God, or some people who may hold different point of view. You're like the 5 year old in the playground who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

If we agreed with what you said and praised your every word, I am sure you would not a have a problem with us.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
Yes, you don't speak to us because you're an immature baby who cannot accept that there are people who do not believe in God, or some people who may hold different point of view. You're like the 5 year old in the playground who throws a temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

If we agreed with what you said and praised your every word, I am sure you would not a have a problem with us.

I enjoy being cool with everyone whether they agree with me or not.  I wish you could be cool with me, but you haven't been able to be.

I tried hard to be respectful despite your remarks, but you had none of it.  You were simply unable to post without insulting me.

Who wants to continue speaking to someone like that?  And I'm certainly not going to lash out either....won't give folks the satisfaction.

I have good relationships with many folks on this board that don't agree with one word of what I have to say about my faith and that's ok.

As I've stated before I am meaningless, but that doesn't mean I have to repeatedly take a bunch of insults.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2014, 04:55:41 PM »
If God has a color, its black. The first man was black. Adam. God created us in his image.
Surprise. 

No DNA evidence  :D

Black Jeezaa Geezer is only 2000 years younger than white chap.
 :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 06:55:13 PM »
I enjoy being cool with everyone whether they agree with me or not.  I wish you could be cool with me, but you haven't been able to be.

I tried hard to be respectful despite your remarks, but you had none of it.  You were simply unable to post without insulting me.

Who wants to continue speaking to someone like that?  And I'm certainly not going to lash out either....won't give folks the satisfaction.

I have good relationships with many folks on this board that don't agree with one word of what I have to say about my faith and that's ok.

As I've stated before I am meaningless, but that doesn't mean I have to repeatedly take a bunch of insults.

I insult religion, not you. If you can't separate the two, that's your problems. If you're not mature enough to understand that one can "insult" religion without insulting the actual person than that problem lies with you. I think religion is horseshit. Deal with it. Don't take it as an insult.
X