Author Topic: R.I.P Richard Kiel  (Read 11845 times)

hench

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P Richard Kiel
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »
yea moore is pretty modest but honestly physically there didn't look like much difference between moore and connery.
Thinking about Moores movies with the wit and one liners they are kind of a precursor to arnolds action movies. I seem to remember arnold referencing moores bond films when talking about humour in action films

Yes, Moore was awesome... The only thing that he lacked was maybe being more in shape for physical battles and such, he admitted it himself also, but i don't complain, his charisma alone was enough...Absolutely, both Licence To Kill and The Living Daylights are very good movies, and Dalton was a great Bond, a much better version of the dark character portrayed by Craig, in my opinion...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
You, Sir, know your Bond.  Although I grew up with Roger Moore and therefore consider him a personal favorite, Connery is widely recognized as the best Bond, and I can appreciate why.  Skyfall is the best Bond film to date.  The Moore films were solid entertainment (for a teenager), but they quickly became degraded by cartoonish violence and don't hold up well over time or if you look at the films as art.  On numerous occasions we saw Kiel (as Jaws) survive episodes that would have meant certain death to any normal human.  It became comedic but also silly.

The Dalton films were good, but the franchise took a serious dive with Pierce Brosnan.  He was too old and decidedly not buff, which is a requirement for alpha males in today's market.  In fact the box office had fallen off so sharply under Brosnan the studio was considering two previously unthinkable options: 1) recasting the role with a woman (a Sharon Stone type.  Jane Bond?) or 2) cancelling the franchise altogether!  the Craig films breathed new life into the series and Skyfall has been the most profitable film of them all! 8)

Bay, as I type this and other postings,  I am once again enjoying "Skyfall".  Superb.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »
Bay, as I type this and other postings,  I am once again enjoying "Skyfall".  Superb.

And so you should; it is the best of the Bond films to date. 8)